1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Well, I shouldn't give away secrets here, but the cat's out of the bag now....

The CTA has saved #7542, had both halves taken to a secret shop outside of Chicago and put it back together barely so the bus bounces up and down in the articulated section really hard on bumps and you can see the daylight in between the joints as it is holding together barely, but the CTA assures that the bus will not fall apart, just give thrill seekers a ride they won't forget. They're going to run it on a route that's TBD on 10/31/14 and have dubbed it the "Scary Bus" decked out with black paint, Ghosts, Pumpkins, Dracula, Frankenstein and orange and black colored lighting inside the bus.

Time TBD, but rumored to start at 6:06p with a special fare of $6.66 to ride this one-time bus. Bus Operator is said to be outfitted with badge #666.

The bus creaks, squeaks and the passengers shriek....

Ride it..... if you dare..... muhahahaha!!!! :blink::D

7542 to Sims 6/13/14 along with 7565 (last ones to leave!)

I see you were out late getting those shots as evidenced by your getting a bus pic on N9 while at 95th/Dan Ryan. The first Ashland bus leaving there typically departs about 15 mins after midnight.

That's correct but I didn't get those shots of #1746 until 3:15 AM. I rode that bus all the way from North/Halsted.

Rehabbed: #1671 #1904 #1910

Getting rehabbed: #1140 #1224

Awaiting for rehab: #1134 #1170 #1411 #1740 #1802

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1176 (mechanically rehabbed) #1195 #1218 #1231 #1260 (mechanically rehabbed) #1264 #1345 #1757 #1784 #1966 #1975 #1989

Other notes: Mechanically rehabbed #1260 was undergoing maintenance towards its security cameras and Rehabbed #1548's security cameras are either being upgraded or fixed. Both courtesy by Apollo Video Technology.