1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Hey hey, while checking out Loop Link I spotted #800 which now has the LED interior lights. Didn't look like it was repainted but I think those just get the lighting upgrade.

Then my eyes weren't playing tricks on me when I saw #806 on #157 with what looked to be the new LEDs.

I took a look at #805, it's doesn't yet have the new interior lights. I did swing over to the #21 and took a trip on #800, the bus was clean and it appeared to have the seats updated, a few longitudinal seats weren't changed around the door area, but i guess it passes inspection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2016 at 1:37 PM, wordguy said:

1553 is on the road again.  I actually eyeballed it yesterday.   It looks as if the front end may have been rebuilt.

Here's a few shots of #1553. I didn't really notice nothing odd about it just it has no ad frames or ad signage at all.

56c3fc58911ad_cta1553fronton49.thumb.PNG

56c3fc6c6251f_cta1553sideon49.thumb.PNG.

56c3fc823a4c6_cta1553rearon49.thumb.PNG.

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Not sure what you mean by "this." Pace used to send buses to Adelman's, but their business seems to have been hurt after the owner was arrested.

On the other hand, I don't know why the route sign isn't working.

In the best case scenario, the route sign is just turned off for some reason.

In the worst case scenario, the entire sign is missing from the bus.

I can't tell 100%, but I'm leaning towards the latter since the black frame around the sign looks like it's also missing.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jajuan said:

By "this", he means the entire rear route number box is missing from the bus.

2 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

In the best case scenario, the route sign is just turned off for some reason.

In the worst case scenario, the entire sign is missing from the bus.

I can't tell 100%, but I'm leaning towards the latter since the black frame around the sign looks like it's also missing.

(Throwing hands in the air) Finally, y'all noticed that being missing!!!! :PxD

9 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

I'm sitting here saying, "How did he missed that?". xD 

I noted that the sign was not working.

But I still need

rear.jpgxD

It also took me 10 minutes to find how to rotate WordArt. The rotate handle was not on that object.

• Upvote 1

• Kevin unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...

1000 is running brand new I’m on it right now as I type on the 78 Montrose and everything inside and outside looks brand new nothing is wrong with this bus you guys might be talking about the 1000 Series retiring because you either see them out of 77th or 74th which those 2 garages don’t take any good care of their flyers and novas for cr*p.....C, K, FG, NP, 103rd take really good care of their buses 

29 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1000 is running brand new I’m on it right now as I type on the 78 Montrose and everything inside and outside looks brand new nothing is wrong with this bus you guys might be talking about the 1000 Series retiring because you either see them out of 77th or 74th which those 2 garages don’t take any good care of their flyers and novas for cr*p.....C, K, FG, NP, 103rd take really good care of their buses 

And this is why D40LFs will not be retiring anytime soon.  I don't know why some are trying to start rumors.