1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1305, 1805, 1821, and 1993 is what I remember.

Check the CTA Bus Roster thread guys.....It would be really helpful if you all started reading through threads to get the information you're looking for because the same stuff keeps getting repeated when its already been stated and confirmed. You just have to start researching threads and topics to find what you're looking for. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Yesterday I was on 1306 on route #1 and it had an announcement of “caution bus is moving” “caution bus is turning” and on the 52A it said “test announcement archer garage” it was really interesting 

every 77th bus has those on route 1 and 52A idk bout the rest

Interesting bro especially the Archer garage announcement

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Yesterday I was on 1306 on route #1 and it had an announcement of “caution bus is moving” “caution bus is turning” and on the 52A it said “test announcement archer garage” it was really interesting 

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Interesting bro especially the Archer garage announcement

Also interesting is the "caution, bus is turning " announcement, considering all of the Pace Eldorago Axxess buses had them since delivery.  Actually,  I think the announcement originally was "Caution, look both ways!".  

Now was the announcement in Mr CTA'S voice or another voice?  

I suppose I need to ride a 77th route other than the 1, 51, or 52A to listen for those announcements. 

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

Also interesting is the "caution, bus is turning " announcement, considering all of the Pace Eldorago Axxess buses had them since delivery.  Actually,  I think the announcement originally was "Caution, look both ways!".  

I suppose I need to ride a 77th route other than the 1, 51, or 52A to listen for those announcements. 

I never got on a bus with that haven't been on the bus in a while but it sounds like a neat feature 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

It’s a female voice

11 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Did you notice whether they were playing on exterior announcement systems?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 9:11 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

Was on 1630 or 31 last night & seen it only had 151k did something happened to that bus for it to be out of service for a while with that low miles for how old it is 

Actually it's quite a few buses throughout each garage with those low kind of miles on it. With so many New Flyers a few of them still slip through the cracks of high usage. I had a bus not too long with 93k on it lol. 

58 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Actually it's quite a few buses throughout each garage with those low kind of miles on it. With so many New Flyers a few of them still slip through the cracks of high usage. I had a bus not too long with 93k on it lol. 

Man that's nice & I was like woah low miles compared when I was on 1469 when it was on the 94 it had 751k & ain't you a driver out of 03 cuz soon I will be joining you I'm already knowing I'm gone start off at 7 with one of the fellas I went to grade school with he been there over a year now

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Man that's nice & I was like woah low miles compared when I was on 1469 when it was on the 94 it had 751k & ain't you a driver out of 03 cuz soon I will be joining you I'm already knowing I'm gone start off at 7 with one of the fellas I went to grade school with he been there over a year now

how do u see how many miles are on them