1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

6 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

The best bet is to ride the entire 79th route broham 

did it once and there was a shooting 30mins prior arrival to red line right after the red line the WB bus pulls up to EB one and the WB driver tells the EB driver shooting up ahead reroute via state-87th-cottage grove-79th and i did film it yesterday while it said 79th red line but frogot to save it because it was on snapchat lol

10 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

did it once and there was a shooting 30mins prior arrival to red line right after the red line the WB bus pulls up to EB one and the WB driver tells the EB driver shooting up ahead reroute via state-87th-cottage grove-79th and i did film it yesterday while it said 79th red line but frogot to save it because it was on snapchat lol

Aw man I be hating this that's why I post things I wanna keep to IG  it a save in my phone 

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1020 is back on 56 with SS-451 does that mean it came back from shops or going to shops cuz this morning it was on 56 as SS-401

Coming back probably. They come in off an AM piece then either stay for major maintenance if needed while another bus from the same garage pulls out and returns in it's place and does a PM rush piece on the way back. If the bus is fine it just goes back out on the PM rush piece and goes home. That's why these types of moves stay on the routes they do so they can make it the least costly dead milage wise. (28 for 103rd, 126 for kedzie I can't think of what the other garages do off the top of my head. Basically the same type as the SH, SR and SN you see in the rush except instead of storage midday it's maintenance

13 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Coming back probably. They come in off an AM piece then either stay for major maintenance if needed while another bus from the same garage pulls out and returns in it's place and does a PM rush piece on the way back. If the bus is fine it just goes back out on the PM rush piece and goes home. That's why these types of moves stay on the routes they do so they can make it the least costly dead milage wise. (28 for 103rd, 126 for kedzie I can't think of what the other garages do off the top of my head. Basically the same type as the SH, SR and SN you see in the rush except instead of storage midday it's maintenance

my buddy reported this last night to due to the interior malfunctioning for quite some months now and i seen it bout 10 mins ago same thing as in the picture i’m guessing it’s going to shops over night 

CE8BC5BA-EA77-4B81-B1D0-3273EB4DE9C9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to question if some of the lower #1000's have received a 2nd rehab engine wise that is, I remember seeing #1235 getting rebuilt about 2 months ago at South shops and the bus looked completely brand new when I drove it 2 weeks ago, it only had about 3500 miles on it when I checked the Speedometer and the bus ran great but I don't know if that's misleading because last night I had #1265 and it had just about 325,000 miles on the Speedometer. I wonder if other buses like #1235 have had overhauls in recent months because I rarely see it out on Weekends where 77th mainly uses more #1000's over #7900's during that time frame. 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm starting to question if some of the lower #1000's have received a 2nd rehab engine wise that is, I remember seeing #1235 getting rebuilt about 2 months ago at South shops and the bus looked completely brand new when I drove it 2 weeks ago, it only had about 3500 miles on it when I checked the Speedometer and the bus ran great but I don't know if that's misleading because last night I had #1265 and it had just about 325,000 miles on the Speedometer. I wonder if other buses like #1235 have had overhauls in recent months because I rarely see it out on Weekends where 77th mainly uses more #1000's over #7900's during that time frame. 

same goes for 1000 and 1001 they both run like 1235 i remember 1235 from couple nights ago i rode it on 79th all 3 sound brand new

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

same goes for 1000 and 1001 they both run like 1235 i remember 1235 from couple nights ago i rode it on 79th all 3 sound brand new

So they have the same setup as they did originally in 2006? Because like #1235 I would only assume that #1000-#1001 have the orignal transmission setup as well with the engine rehab.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

my buddy reported this last night to due to the interior malfunctioning for quite some months now and i seen it bout 10 mins ago same thing as in the picture i’m guessing it’s going to shops over night 

CE8BC5BA-EA77-4B81-B1D0-3273EB4DE9C9.jpeg

Looks like a weird message on Clever Devices. Does that say "new05.29 PM?

14 minutes ago, BusGuy said:

@Mr.NewFlyer1051 
why does the sign matter so much? and why is this in the 1000s forums? 

this is irrelevent information. this does not need to be discussed. 
put this in random cta, if necessary

cuz this is #1 a new flyer and #2 the signs been messed up for maybe a year so i decided to post about it see if anyone can answer my question to why it was like that and @chicagocubs6323 answered it as “computer glitch”

• 6 months later...

So after doing some research I came across the thread of NF #1000's, #800's, #900's Delivery (street) dates, Factory Dates, Lifetime Assignments (WIP) and noticed #1001-#1020 were produced in 2005 and delivered in early 2006. It leaves me to wonder when they'll get retired. They're technically the 2nd oldest batch of buses currently in the fleet behind the remaining 2001-2002 #6400's at 15 years old to them being close to 18-20 years old. I know it may be a bit early on to start questioning retirements but some are really starting to show there age more and more each day.