1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Well if that's the case, then #1091 is partially rehabbed. I wouldn't count it yet until the LED lights are installed.

It is on the list, but it's not counted as complete if that's what your asking. I ran across an interesting anomaly on #1277 from Kedzie. It does have an updated Clever Devices, but the kneeling decals are unchanged (they are red, the original state) so that would seem to prove that the clever devices were done separate from the mechanical rehab which would seem to be contrary to what we've heard so far. So some buses are going through three stages of rehab.

It is on the list, but it's not counted as complete if that's what your asking. I ran across an interesting anomaly on #1277 from Kedzie. It does have an updated Clever Devices, but the kneeling decals are unchanged (they are red, the original state) so that would seem to prove that the clever devices were done separate from the mechanical rehab which would seem to be contrary to what we've heard so far. So some buses are going through three stages of rehab.

You're indeed right about that.

I took a chance hearing that #1087 was back in service. (Garmon said this bus has been at south shops awhile) I was thinking that maybe this bus is rehabbed and it is rehabbed as I found out when I took a ride on it. The interior lights weren't working on the right side though. Nice to still ride a nf out of fg. I probably won't be saying that next week though. This might have been my last ride on a nf out of fg for quite some time. Hopefully not.

• Upvote 1

Shots of rehabbed #1553 @ 69th/Ashland. Pay attention to the second pic guys because it's very key!!! It's like a secret compartment on top the tire (that didn't exist when the buses were delivered). If y'all see these on any of them then those buses are rehabbed.

Yea that's pretty much what you look for when trying to spot the rehabbed buses besides the obvious lights and paint job. Cool pics

• Upvote 1

I took a chance hearing that #1087 was back in service. (Garmon said this bus has been at south shops awhile) I was thinking that maybe this bus is rehabbed and it is rehabbed as I found out when I took a ride on it. The interior lights weren't working on the right side though. Nice to still ride a nf out of fg. I probably won't be saying that next week though. This might have been my last ride on a nf out of fg for quite some time. Hopefully not.

Hey thanks for that info. I was wondering where it was at because I didn't see it at 77th while I was taking pics out there this evening.

#1029, #1073, #1239, #1284, #1542, #1562, #1620, and #1622 are rehabbed (All are on standby at 77th except #1284, #1542, and #1562). Another note, #1955 have LED lighting on both sides inside the bus. However, it is not fully rehabbed.

One I forgot to mention. I'm pretty sure #1616 out of Kedzie is rehabbed as that bus has all the exterior features of a rehab, so i'll put that one on the list with a question mark behind it. That's one to watch out for.

Are you sure #1558 is rehabbed? i passed it on Western today and it has the www on the roofline still. It didn't appear to be rehabbed but I didn't board it so I don't know for sure.

#1558 is indeed rehabbed. I'd checked that bus on #44 a couple of weeks ago and yes it still have www.transitchicago.com decals on the top but some buses that are rehabbed have those also i.e. #1553 that I've posted this past Saturday.

Spotted #1491 is rehabbed on #29 earlier. BusHunter you forgot to put #1252 (2/5/14) on the list under 103rd section because Mr.cta85 had mentioned it.

I thought #1252 was one we discussed that wasn't rehabbed. Now I forgot if it was or wasn't. I'll put it up until I get a closer look at it and maybe I can add some info about it if it's half rehabbed.

I thought #1252 was one we discussed that wasn't rehabbed. Now I forgot if it was or wasn't. I'll put it up until I get a closer look at it and maybe I can add some info about it if it's half rehabbed.

It's fully rehabbed. I've spotted it on #29 yesterday while I was walking. We got your back man! :)

Also incase you guys didn't mention it already bus 1507-09 are rehabbed as well as 1515-16, 1527 and I believe 1528 and 29, I'll have to double check 1528-29 to make sure but definitely the other ones I mentioned. They are really moving along with these rehabs and this is just from what I noticed from 103rd but I've also seen a lot of rehabbed buses out of 74th (my new garage come march 30 system pick lol) and 77th garage.

Also incase you guys didn't mention it already bus 1507-09 are rehabbed as well as 1515-16, 1527 and I believe 1528 and 29, I'll have to double check 1528-29 to make sure but definitely the other ones I mentioned. They are really moving along with these rehabs and this is just from what I noticed from 103rd but I've also seen a lot of rehabbed buses out of 74th (my new garage come march 30 system pick lol) and 77th garage.

Hopefully 74th will keep some form of variety to its assigned buses when you get there.

It's fully rehabbed. I've spotted it on #29 yesterday while I was walking. We got your back man! :)

Good cause I'm gonna need you guys for the south side!! I'm most weak with the 74th sightings. Hmm..... So MrCTA85 is going to 74th. I guess we know now where the #7900's are going. LOL!! I was talking to an operator and they told me that they have a safety mechanism on the #7900's. The buses will not go into gear unless the safety guard is latched, so I guess the days of not using the guard is over.

• Upvote 2

Good cause I'm gonna need you guys for the south side!! I'm most weak with the 74th sightings. Hmm..... So MrCTA85 is going to 74th. I guess we know now where the #7900's are going. LOL!! I was talking to an operator and they told me that they have a safety mechanism on the #7900's. The buses will not go into gear unless the safety guard is latched, so I guess the days of not using the guard is over.

I would look for the CTA to suggest that be disabled or they will disable it on them in the future, because if something in whatever sensor in those safety guards is malfunctioning, then you got a giant bus that is stuck wherever it is, and if you have someone who kicks and beats that safety guard because of a dispute with a Bus Opeator, it might just damage the sensor, resulting in a disabled bus.

As far as assignments... I'm thinking 74th and FG in some extent for the first few deliveries... even/odd or a certain amount to one and a certain amount to another.

Hopefully 74th will keep some form of variety to its assigned buses when you get there.

Looks like im staying at 103rd I thought with my seniority I would be able to go to whichever garage I wanted but hey I'm not tripping about it lol. I love 103rd but just wanted to try something different.