1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

Look at all those Optimas!! :P Funny the damage I thought was on the front of #1468 not the rear, what are they doing harvesting it for parts?

BTW I got a good look at #1630, it's now a full rehab. I don't see #1635 though.

I know right (Optimas)?!?! #1468 doesn't have it's tail lights on both sides. I'm not sure if they're being replaced with new ones (I hope so) but the rest of the parts are not stripped. Now that's really f'ing awesome to hear (#1630)! Has anybody seen #1955???

I know right (Optimas)?!?! #1468 doesn't have it's tail lights on both sides. I'm not sure if they're being replaced with new ones (I hope so) but the rest of the parts are not stripped. Now that's really f'ing awesome to hear (#1630)! Has anybody seen #1955???

1955 is out again, is on number 4. Couldn't tell of it was rehabbed as it was on opposite side of street. Also 1347 got released from shop and is on #2.

Getting rehabbed: #1080 #1169 #1283 #1743

Questionable: #1082

#1571 might have updated kneeling decals.

#1553 is a "troubled" bus because it's been out of service for a while and it's parked all the way in the back by retired 906 (that's not a good sign). I hope it's not facing early retirement because that would be the first rehabbed bus to be in that position.

Getting rehabbed: #1080 #1169 #1283 #1743

Questionable: #1082

#1571 might have updated kneeling decals.

#1553 is a "troubled" bus because it's been out of service for a while and it's parked all the way in the back by retired 906 (that's not a good sign). I hope it's not facing early retirement because that would be the first rehabbed bus to be in that position.

Why not just rehab #1553 again? LOL!! Do you see any structural damage? I know before when I saw #1981, that bus had some real problems. (troubled) Good to hear it might be getting rehabbed, that might be the only way it's problems straighten out!!

Why not just rehab #1553 again? LOL!! Do you see any structural damage? I know before when I saw #1981, that bus had some real problems. (troubled) Good to hear it might be getting rehabbed, that might be the only way it's problems straighten out!!

I don't know the problem of #1553 but I did took a shot of it while it was parked in the front a few weeks ago. It had the yellow tape on the doors like it was part of a crime scene. I agree about #1981. Oh by the way, I'm riding #1990 on #79 and it's not mechanically rehabbed at all. It only has the updated kneeling decals.

Interesting you mentioned that. 74th's rehabbed buses have been having that new bus smell to them for the past couple of weeks at least.

No this is different. it smells like someone cleaned the bus with a whole bottle of Pine-Sol or bleach but I've smelled stronger smells. Just yesterday I was standing at the Cermak/Michigan NB stop. Someone must have been painting with enamel paint or something cause the smell was strong and I was outside. I remember thinking a person could get high just waiting for the bus!! :P I had to stand about 5-10 feet away from the stop, cause the smell was annoying.

It's not wrapped, I saw it yesterday on the #54.

Picture of #1379 with California blue line in the background. Today they stripped the south platform and installed the metal scaffold stairs. I guess they are dismantling the station stairs next.

attachicon.gifcta 1379 on 52.PNG

attachicon.gifcta convoy and california blue line station.PNG

Gotcha! Damn, back-to-back-to-back #52's???