1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

They need to send the rehabbed buses to FG!

• New Flyer D40LF's to FG
  • 8000-8099 to FG

Something needs to come this way soon!!! Maybe just some of these will suffice.... a 7.3L Powerstroke lasts a long time. Ride will be a bit meh, because of the seat designs and durability, but it'll get the FG passengers from point A to B. Winter and summer will suck because heat isn't too good in the buses and there's no A/C.

The crop of Novas(6400's) there are great, but they are quickly getting tired and will need to be replaced soon unless the CTA wants to put money into a rehab of sorts for them.

post-10-0-97940700-1421037740_thumb.jpg

FG might be singing the Ides of March, but in 2016. In the beginning of 2016, the Nova bus option starts, the last 150. But maybe they could have good fortune as soon as this summer. If the #1000 rehabs are slated to end this summer, that should open up the flood gates on retiring 70 more old Novas that takes the place of the 70 buses at Cummins NPower. If they retire 100 buses by the summer just by virtue of the #8000's showing up. 100 plus 70 buses equal just about what's left for old Novas at 74th and Chicago. So it could prove to be an interesting summer. The only monkey wrench I see if if they went straight into #4000 artic rehabs which would mean they still need the spares but they probably won't be doing 70 at a time either.

FG might be singing the Ides of March, but in 2016. In the beginning of 2016, the Nova bus option starts, the last 150. But maybe they could have good fortune as soon as this summer. If the #1000 rehabs are slated to end this summer, that should open up the flood gates on retiring 70 more old Novas that takes the place of the 70 buses at Cummins NPower. If they retire 100 buses by the summer just by virtue of the #8000's showing up. 100 plus 70 buses equal just about what's left for old Novas at 74th and Chicago. So it could prove to be an interesting summer. The only monkey wrench I see if if they went straight into #4000 artic rehabs which would mean they still need the spares but they probably won't be doing 70 at a time either.

And, as I pointed out, the solicitation is to scrap "up to" 200.

Yeah #1714 is rehabbed on the #18. #1072 is rehabbed also on the #8. #1072 is a ghost bus following #7985. I got a picture of #1714 that I'll upload later if it doesn't look too bad. Yes it's confirmed #1364 is definitely not rehabbed.

I got #1072 in the books recently. #1205 is questionable though.

Yeah #1714 is rehabbed on the #18. #1072 is rehabbed also on the #8. #1072 is a ghost bus following #7985. I got a picture of #1714 that I'll upload later if it doesn't look too bad. Yes it's confirmed #1364 is definitely not rehabbed.

You're lucky it doesn't look too bad, or else you'd be joining the Vince McMahon "You're Fired!!!" club...... ;):lol:

• Upvote 1

#1373 is not rehabbed on the #52. It's wrapped for Iammetro. I see #1122 is following it on the #52, so Kedzie must have received a few more #1100's. #1063 is rehabbed on the #8. #1713's not rehabbed on the #62.

Probably explains why I saw 1133 on the 12 this morning.