1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

#1930 is not rehabbed on the #54.

Well how about that #1973 is rehabbed on the #73!! #1906 is rehabbed also on the #73.

#1632 is still mechanically rehabbed on the #21. #1849's also not rehabbed on the #21.

Here's some shots of #1973 and #1906 on the #73 today. #1906 was trying to drive off on me, so that shots a little blurry. The #73 had 3 buses within 5 minutes of each other going west, something I haven't seen in a while. That's one of Chicago's not so frequent routes. You can see buses two and three in my shot.

#1973: post-304-0-72189800-1422764145_thumb.png

#1906: post-304-0-14392800-1422764164_thumb.png

#1423 is rehabbed while on #20.

I haven't seen any of the high #1970's lately. Did they all go to south shops?

BTW, looks like the Cummins buses are coming in, that's the 2nd bus, 1st was #1403. I need to check when that story aired, wasn't that like 4-6 weeks ago?? They said they rehab buses there in a period of a few days. For some reason, I feel not all buses are going to Cummins cause if they did it would take them 4-6 weeks for every 20 buses. That would put us finishing in about 15-20 months, rough estimate.

Also take note on your list that #1724 and #1338 are at NP now. I think I have 74th at 25 or 26 rehabs fremaining. I might have #1744 somewhere else.

BTW, looks like the Cummins buses are coming in, that's the 2nd bus, 1st was #1403. I need to check when that story aired, wasn't that like 4-6 weeks ago?? They said they rehab buses there in a period of a few days. For some reason, I feel not all buses are going to Cummins cause if they did it would take them 4-6 weeks for every 20 buses. That would put us finishing in about 15-20 months, rough estimate.

Also take note on your list that #1724 and #1338 are at NP now. I think I have 74th at 25 or 26 rehabs fremaining. I might have #1744 somewhere else.

Most of the buses are going to Cummins NPower, but apparently options 3 and 4 (1630-2029) are contracted to New Flyer ULC (Press Release).

• Upvote 1

Most of the buses are going to Cummins NPower, but apparently options 3 and 4 (1630-2029) are contracted to New Flyer ULC (Press Release).

Thanks for the link. That helps to explain what's happening. I thought that south shops was doing just bodywork and repainting and this says that true. But I didn't know they did the lights there.

Well, the only 1970s I have is #1974 in which that bus is rehabbed while on #65. Thanks for the heads up.

#1808 was released from the shop while on #21 right now.

Here's a bonus; #1194 is also rehabbed while on #72!!! I was enjoying breakfast at Elly's after I took that shot of #1963!!!

Damn where did #1194 come from? Now I'm getting lost on where it was. I was riding the #72 myself a week ago and discovered they still have a Felony Franks. I thought the city forced him to close or change his name. (was at Jackson/Western) This new one is in a strip mall a block or two west of Narragansett in Oak Park. I guess Oak Park needed the tax money!! LOL!!

Damn where did #1194 come from? Now I'm getting lost on where it was. I was riding the #72 myself a week ago and discovered they still have a Felony Franks. I thought the city forced him to close or change his name. (was at Jackson/Western) This new one is in a strip mall a block or two west of Narragansett in Oak Park. I guess Oak Park needed the tax money!! LOL!!

Or the guy needed a tax break! :lol:

I think #1194 is a loan but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a official swap. #1193 was temporary at Chicago last week.

.... I was riding the #72 myself a week ago and discovered they still have a Felony Franks. I thought the city forced him to close or change his name. (was at Jackson/Western) This new one is in a strip mall a block or two west of Narragansett in Oak Park. I guess Oak Park needed the tax money!! LOL!!

The stink was it was in Fioretti's ward, but the city was sued and the owner won because Fioretti has no respect for anyone else's constitutional rights (in this case, the First Amendment).

Anyway, Fioretti doesn't run Oak Park, and those who can vote in the Chicago elections should think about whether he should run Chicago.

Felony Franks has aggregated its news coverage here.

• Upvote 1

The stink was it was in Fioretti's ward, but the city was sued and the owner won because Fioretti has no respect for anyone else's constitutional rights (in this case, the First Amendment).

Anyway, Fioretti doesn't run Oak Park, and those who can vote in the Chicago elections should think about whether he should run Chicago.

Felony Franks has aggregated its news coverage here.

Didn't realize it was new. It says it's opening this month. I guess now I can try the misdemeanor weiner!! :lol:

Well, the only 1970s I have is #1974 in which that bus is rehabbed while on #65. Thanks for the heads up.

#1808 was released from the shop while on #21 right now.

Another one on your #1000's list #1341, that's on the #35 so that at Kedzie. Brandon93 told us #1522's rehabbed.