1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

I went over the #1000's rehabs just now and it looks like what they are doing is putting most of the unrehabbed buses on the north side. 74th has now dropped to 47 left and I think all those unrehabbed Kedzie buses they got are destined for NP, so that might put them in the 30's. So 74th, 77th and 103rd would all have below 100 rehabs left between them. Kedzie has now climbed to 124 left. In a way some of it is smart as Chicago rehabs quickly and can get it's 64 buses down quickly and if they work on NP they could do the same there. But I don't know why Kedzie has double the next highest total which would be Chicago's 64 left.

I went over the #1000's rehabs just now and it looks like what they are doing is putting most of the unrehabbed buses on the north side. 74th has now dropped to 47 left and I think all those unrehabbed Kedzie buses they got are destined for NP, so that might put them in the 30's. So 74th, 77th and 103rd would all have below 100 rehabs left between them. Kedzie has now climbed to 124 left. In a way some of it is smart as Chicago rehabs quickly and can get it's 64 buses down quickly and if they work on NP they could do the same there. But I don't know why Kedzie has double the next highest total which would be Chicago's 64 left.

It looks a bit more like a mix to me. I rode 1730 on the 22 last night for example and that was one was rehabbed a while ago while still at 74th.

It looks a bit more like a mix to me. I rode 1730 on the 22 last night for example and that was one was rehabbed a while ago while still at 74th.

I think #1730 is a loan. That came from south shops so somehow it got to np. But we have been seeing weird moves with the #1730's with #1736, #1738 and #1746 all moving around.

I think #1730 is a loan. That came from south shops so somehow it got to np. But we have been seeing weird moves with the #1730's with #1736, #1738 and #1746 all moving around.

All of it is weird. I too thought I might have been seeing a rehabbed for not yet rehabbed trade pattern at first between this garage and that then a few other buses in the mix end up tossing a monkey wrench in it and sending it back to a random switcheroo going on. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Well I tell you 77th is purging it's unrehabbed #1900's. I guess they can't stand these unrehabbed buses!! I haven't seen #1947, #1971 and #1973 in a while so they might be at south shops.

That's about the only thing that's a definitive pattern in all this.

Rehabbed: None

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: 11 others

Awaiting for rehab: #1339 #1390 #1414 #1468 #1699 #1745

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1000 1024 #1199 #1839 #1930

Other Notes: #1292 remains mechanically rehabbed.

I thought 1199 had been rehabbed already. I guess not. But I wonder if getting the wrap that I think was on it at the time it went to 74th a few months ago removed also plays a part in it being down at the shops.

I thought 1199 had been rehabbed already. I guess not. But I wonder if getting the wrap that I think was on it at the time it went to 74th a few months ago removed also plays a part in it being down at the shops.

Nope, #1199 has yet to be touched. I was riding it on #55 a couple of months ago when it infiltrated 74th.

Rehabbed: None

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: 11 others

Awaiting for rehab: #1339 #1390 #1414 #1468 #1699 #1745

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1000 1024 #1199 #1839 #1930

Other Notes: #1292 remains mechanically rehabbed.

1468 is back? Well that's great to know lol.