1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

Can you get a pic of #1223?

I got shots of #1356 and #1650 for tonight. I'll upload soon. I'm still taking care of some late night business. #1223 and #1215 caught me by surprise but I can probably get a picture in the next few days. This funny looking decal is on the left side of that bus if someone is looking for it. Looked like they tried to make a 7 a 1 or a 2, but the whole thing is large like it's for the seeing impaired.

Well here is #1223 and #1414

#1223: post-304-0-79860900-1423712865_thumb.png

#1414: post-304-0-10712900-1423712878_thumb.png

I don't know what was going with the three newest #8000's tonight. Busfinder kept saying #8009 was at Roscoe/Western on the #49, #8019 was on the #63 west of Halsted and #8020 was on the #63W at Midway. I had the time to maybe check out one of them or two, but seeing they weren't moving decided to shoot video of my tour of the new Green line Cermak-McCormick Place station. Boy that walk to 23rd street is like a maze at the funhouse. I'll see if I upload my video to Youtube later tonight. Looked like they had two CA's also, one at Cermak and one at 23rd.

• Upvote 3

#1965 is rehabbed on the #49B It's a ghost bus following #1785.

#1947 is also rehabbed on the #22. I got shots of both of them.

Here they are:

#1965: post-304-0-43717200-1423892267_thumb.png post-304-0-81788700-1423892245_thumb.png

#1947: post-304-0-72813600-1423892257_thumb.png

I wonder what they serve at the Khan BBQ? :huh: Also while I was at Wrigley, I noticed they still have no bleacher walls, not even framework for a bleacher wall. I wonder what they are going to do in two months when opening day starts? Put up a Tru-Link fence? :lol::P If not the ball's going to roll out on Sheffield!! :P:lol:

• Upvote 1

Here they are:

#1965: attachicon.gifcta 1965 rear on 49b.PNG attachicon.gifcta 1965 side on 49b.PNG

#1947: attachicon.gifcta 1947 on 22 outside wrigley.PNG

I wonder what they serve at the Khan BBQ? :huh: Also while I was at Wrigley, I noticed they still have no bleacher walls, not even framework for a bleacher wall. I wonder what they are going to do in two months when opening day starts? Put up a Tru-Link fence? :lol::P If not the ball's going to roll out on Sheffield!! :P:lol:

Its weird that those aren't staying at 77th, I wonder where 1971 might end up. I would think that whatever they had before the big swap would stick (i.e. 1939, 1944 etc..).

Its weird that those aren't staying at 77th, I wonder where 1971 might end up. I would think that whatever they had before the big swap would stick (i.e. 1939, 1944 etc..).

Probably NP or C. I don't think Kedzie's ever had any of the last 100 buses. Probably when the #1000 rehabs is all over they will have another swapapocalypse and put things back in order the way they want it.

As usual, you can find out on the Internet, although from the location I figured it was Pakistani food (or since Western is the border, Indo-Pak--note no pork). One time I followed the Hungry Hound review into some place on Devon, I figured that if I didn't recognize what was on the menu board, I would pass.

With the Cubs they previously said they were a month or two late, but with the weather the past 2 weeks and predicted for the next 2 weeks they must be really behind. I figure that since they intended to tank the past couple of years, they should have just shut it down and played elsewhere.

Also while I was at Wrigley, I noticed they still have no bleacher walls, not even framework for a bleacher wall. I wonder what they are going to do in two months when opening day starts? Put up a Tru-Link fence? :lol::P If not the ball's going to roll out on Sheffield!! :P:lol:

With the Cubs they previously said they were a month or two late, but with the weather the past 2 weeks and predicted for the next 2 weeks they must be really behind. I figure that since they intended to tank the past couple of years, they should have just shut it down and played elsewhere.

I'm going to go OT briefly on these two topics....

With what's going on here, I'm actually ready for the Cubs to move from Addison and Clark to Rosemont, IL. They'll get a brand new, state of the art ballpark(who knows, maybe a retractable roof?), then these annoying, whiny rooftop owners can sell tickets for people to see an empty ballpark. It's their franchise and their ballpark, you whiny (idiots), if they want to put up jumbotrons and signs to bring in team revenue, I say let them. Halting construction is just going to delay things further and put the rebuilding of Wrigley further down the line and more overdue than it is....

BTW: Rooftop owners are not invited to have rooftop access at their new stadium!

Rant over......

Here they are:

#1965: attachicon.gifcta 1965 rear on 49b.PNG attachicon.gifcta 1965 side on 49b.PNG

#1947: attachicon.gifcta 1947 on 22 outside wrigley.PNG

Oh you were up near my neck of the woods when you snapped 1965. That's one part of the neighborhood where I haven't gotten to do restaurant sampling yet. :lol::P And I was wondering the same thing about Wrigley with the delays they've been running into whenever I pass it.

Oh you were up near my neck of the woods when you snapped 1965. That's one part of the neighborhood where I haven't gotten to do restaurant sampling yet. :lol::P And I was wondering the same thing about Wrigley with the delays they've been running into whenever I pass it.

I don't know if they don't eat pork and some don't eat meat. I hope it isn't nothing like cat or dog.

I don't know if they don't eat pork and some don't eat meat. I hope it isn't nothing like cat or dog.

LOL no I don't think you'll be seeing cat or dog on the menu. But the restriction Busjack was getting at was in fact that they don't eat pork, and that's because of the shared Muslim religion that's pretty dominant among people of India and Pakistan.

I'm going to go OT briefly on these two topics....

With what's going on here, I'm actually ready for the Cubs to move from Addison and Clark to Rosemont, IL....

My rant is based on a Dr. Breen commentary yesterday that the news is being intentionally manipulated. We are supposed to take a dump in our pants because somebody filed a suit, even though they can't win it, despite what law professors Mully and Hanley say.

However, it looks like too much water over the dam to go to Rosemont, even though it could have been served by Pace 327 or 812 (extrapolating numbers).

What identified it as Pak as that Muslims don't eat pork. If you look on Devon Ave., there are a lot of storefronts with Halal signs, which is essentially Arabic for Kosher.

The vegetarian menu is probably for the Indo consumers.

But to bring up your original point, you aren't going to get St. Louis style ribs there.

What identified it as Pak as that Muslims don't eat pork. If you look on Devon Ave., there are a lot of storefronts with Halal signs, which is essentially Arabic for Kosher.

The vegetarian menu is probably for the Indo consumers.

But to bring up your original point, you aren't going to get St. Louis style ribs there.

A look at the menu, says you can order goat and there are alot of dishes that are in arabic, but they are high on serving vegetables. A look at the dessert menu unfortunately yields no chocolate cake. :( They are endorsed by ABC's the Hungry Hound and WTTW's Check Please.

http://www.khanbbq.net/

They also have alot of electronics shops on Devon. I guess there's no Best Buy in Islamabad. :P But I like the Islamic clothing shops myself. It's good to keep up with the latest fashions!! Walking through the neighborhood also yields alot of jewelry places but those probably go hand in hand with the gowns.

Sorry for the OT, back to regularly scheduled channel.

Walking through the neighborhood also yields alot of jewelry places but those probably go hand in hand with the gowns.

Sorry for the OT, back to regularly scheduled channel.

When I lived around there (around 1976) the big jewelry (especially necklaces) was associated with the Indian stores then established around there.

As I noted, as indicated at least by the Honorary Street signs, apparently Damen to Western is Pakistani, Western to Fairfield is Indian, and west of there mostly recent eastern European immigrant, although there is a mixture of a lot else.