1000-series D40LF - Updates

BusHunter

Hey, I wasn't too far from you when you took that shot of #1764. I was on California and Armitage around 5 PM.

That was a long ride from 55th to Milwaukee. I didn't even figure out the bus was a new rehab until I got to 35th. The empty ad racks though tipped me off. I just missed a new nova turning east from Western on to 55th. Maybe the new buses were taking a joy ride!! (that doesn't seem like a pullin location, unless it was coming from the west end of 47th, but I think those pull in at Ashland, #48's also pull in from 95th)

That was a long ride from 55th to Milwaukee. I didn't even figure out the bus was a new rehab until I got to 35th. The empty ad racks though tipped me off. I just missed a new nova turning east from Western on to 55th. Maybe the new buses were taking a joy ride!! (that doesn't seem like a pullin location, unless it was coming from the west end of 47th, but I think those pull in at Ashland, #48's also pull in from 95th)

It's very common to see empty ad racks on some them that are rehabbed unless Glen Lerner had something to do with that! :lol: :p

Anyone know what garage NF #1434 is assigned at? I have a picture of my dad standing with CTA GMC #1434 in 1973 at the former Fullerton/Parkside turnaround. Im hoping to get a picture of it so I can post it here!

A shot of rehabbed #1299 while on #8 right after I just got off work.

Ain't nobody dope as me I'm dressed so fresh so clean

(So fresh and so clean clean)

Don't you think I'm so sexy I'm dressed so fresh so clean

Ain't nobody dope as me I'm dressed so fresh so clean

I love when you stare at me I'm dressed so fresh so clean

Since the question of particulate filters has come up, can anyone make heads or tails of this ordinance authorizing a contract with Cummins NPower for particulate filters needed to overhaul 1000-1429 series buses? Is it that they have rehabbed the buses, but the particulate filters then installed are inadequate and need to be replaced?

Since the question of particulate filters has come up, can anyone make heads or tails of this ordinance authorizing a contract with Cummins NPower for particulate filters needed to overhaul 1000-1429 series buses? Is it that they have rehabbed the buses, but the particulate filters then installed are inadequate and need to be replaced?

I don't know, but they also note that the filters need to be cleaned every 1,000 hours or they are no longer effective. Now the question is, Is CTA cleaning those every 6 1/2 weeks? They sure weren't cleaning the #7500's.

Seems to me this was the same contract as before but maybe the rebuilders weren't legally bound to make such repairs. Does it actually say that they are replacing filters in the originally ordinance?

I don't know, but they also note that the filters need to be cleaned every 1,000 hours or they are no longer effective. Now the question is, Is CTA cleaning those every 6 1/2 weeks? They sure weren't cleaning the #7500's.

Seems to me this was the same contract as before but maybe the rebuilders weren't legally bound to make such repairs. Does it actually say that they are replacing filters in the originally ordinance?

It probably is running time, so maybe 20 weeks. But as I indicated above, I couldn't figure this one out.