Bus Route Tracker

maths22

15 hours ago, ajm522 said:

Remember this glitch happened about a year ago where random busses where showing up all over the place? 

I'm just happy Fg had an artic on the #85, fake or not!! xD I checked up on #8180 yesterday and it was out since 8AM when there were no glitches, so it probably was the real deal it was just on an AM schedule. Some chicago buses do pullins midday on the weekend #57/#73 interlines. Strange no #8100's are out today at Chicago. Is there a reason for this?

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TripleTransit1 said:

Same with me. I just found out about the website and tried to visit it, but it won't load.

15 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Is anybody having trouble accessing the website because I can't?

It has been restored.  Apparently my server crashed, so I had to reboot it.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Still not working (maths22) This is a bad omen for "Twas the night before bus transfers". Or a bad April Fool's joke.

What is not working?  It appears to be pulling updates, but maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: if you meant the archive, sorry about breaking that.  All the data was being saved, but I added an extra semi-colon that did not belong so you couldn't view the data.  It is fixed.

3 minutes ago, maths22 said:

What is not working?  It appears to be pulling updates, but maybe I'm missing something.

It is the archive that is not working. There is no calendar just the window  with select the time above it. There are no times in the dropdown.

It was not working last night, or 10 minutes ago. It is now!

Just now, busfan2847 said:

It is the archive that is not working. There is no calendar just the window  with select the time above it. There are no times in the dropdown.

It was not working last night, or 10 minutes ago. It is now!

I just fixed it, and edited my post above, so that's good.  I'm actually going to add a link to the archive on the main page so I don't forget it exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It looks as though your tracker isn't picking up the 8200s, even though the official one has 8204.

Oops.  Thank you.  The data was being recorded (so the archives are correct), but nothing was displayed.  That will be corrected at the next update.  Is the last one of the series now going to be 8325?

Interesting #1994 this afternoon was labeled as run SS-251 on the #126. So what's that, a south shops pullout? I never saw a run box say SS. Would the run box display K251 in that instance or K999 as it don't understand what is being selected. Even more interesting, if you pan up to #1853, it says it is run K251, so how can they have two runs that are the same at the same time unless they were 999's or 997's or 992's.

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Interesting #1994 this afternoon was labeled as run SS-251 on the #126. So what's that, a south shops pullout? I never saw a run box say SS. Would the run box display K251 in that instance or K999 as it don't understand what is being selected. Even more interesting, if you pan up to #1853, it says it is run K251, so how can they have two runs that are the same at the same time unless they were 999's or 997's or 992's.

They aren't run numbers, but still should be unique. See here.

At the moment there is

1626 143: Stockton/Michigan Express SS -202 K (Kedzie)

The -2 indicates it is a Kedzie bus. Somehow the route is identified as SS in the block number, which probably needs to be explained.

There is also

1235 8: Halsted SH -708 7 (77th)

Again indicated as a 77th bus. Total of 8 SH 1000s on Halsted.

On 2/13/2016 at 11:56 AM, See Tea Eh said:

Block numbers identify the vehicle throughout the day.  The route number is the route the bus spends the most time on during the day.  The block suffix identifies the garage (first digit) and pullout sequence, with PM pullouts starting at 51.  So, 76-451 would be a PM pullout spending most (or all) of its time on the 76.

So how does 76-451 identify as FG? 4 doesn't say anything to me. The 76 could say something, but SS doesn't say any route number and has no identification. So I see these are block numbers, not run numbers. I guess I took that for granted, knowing that belmont runs 700 run numbers.