Bus Route Tracker

maths22

Busjack please explain if you can. 

I hit Bustime on your last reply and went to CTA tracker and it worked. When I go to bustime on safari or firefox, or yahoo and hit CTA tracker it does not work.If the site is not resolved I may have to go to your reply each time I want to look at bus map.

16 hours ago, sht6131 said:

I hit Bustime on your last reply and went to CTA tracker and it worked. When I go to bustime on safari or firefox, or yahoo and hit CTA tracker it does not work.If the site is not resolved I may have to go to your reply each time I want to look at bus map.

The only thing I can figure out is that I posted a link to a Google search, and urls provided by Google always have that Google is referring you. In any event, I have always had a bookmark to BusTracker, and I'm not having any problem with Waterfox, and sw isn't having any problem with Firefox.

1 hour ago, strictures said:

Firefox, as I've repeatedly said.

O.K.

Since both of you are having trouble with Firefox, but others of us don't, it seems like both of you should contact Tony Coppoletta; transitchicago.com suggests e-mailing webmaster@transitchicago.com

Just received a current update from Tony Coppoletta. He stated that the issue after the bustracker was updated has been identified and they are working to fix it. He suggested in the meantime clear cookies to bustracker or go to incognito or private browsing mode. MTA cleared mine and am temporary using it as a bookmark.

Since I started this, lets put this to sleep till its resolved

2 hours ago, sht6131 said:

He suggested in the meantime clear cookies to bustracker or go to incognito or private browsing mode.

Maybe the reason I'm not having this problem is that I have Firefox set up either to reject cookies or clear them after the session, unless I specify otherwise, such as for this site.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

This is random but just wondering have anybody seen or heard of @bus jack?? Its been a while since I seen him on here. I hope he's ok.

Hasn't returned under his username for about a month and some change. I've always appreciated his wealth of knowledge and sharp wit, I just wish he'd been a bit less abrasive for lack of a better term. PM him and see if he'll respond.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Hasn't returned under his username for about a month and some change. I've always appreciated his wealth of knowledge and sharp wit, I just wish he'd been a bit less abrasive for lack of a better term. PM him and see if he'll respond.

Certainly hope all is well with him.  He used to be on some other transit forums, but I don't know if that is  still the case.   It did appear that he was tiring of speculation and ",fantasy" route proposals on this forum as well as some heated debates with a few members here.  Hopefully he is well and just stepped away from here for a short period.

• Upvote 4

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

@maths22Your tracker has the problem where it says "Your connection is not private." and I know it gets broken every few months like now, so make sure you fix it as soon as you can!

I have passed that page just scroll to the bottom of the message and it will say “continue to this page”

• 6 months later...