Sign in to follow this  
andrethebusman

900-909 retirements

Here is an odd one for you guys to figure out. Hybrid 907 sold to "Warren Barr" 12/15. Only Warren Barr I can find is a chain of nursing homes. Did they buy this as a "training aid" for people to learn how to get on and off buses? If so, where is it?

Note that 900-904,906,908,909 were sold to Complete Coach Works 11/14. So 905 appears to be only one still around somewhere. Is it still at SS?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Here is an odd one for you guys to figure out. Hybrid 907 sold to "Warren Barr" 12/15. Only Warren Barr I can find is a chain of nursing homes. Did they buy this as a "training aid" for people to learn how to get on and off buses? If so, where is it?

Note that 900-904,906,908,909 were sold to Complete Coach Works 11/14. So 905 appears to be only one still around somewhere. Is it still at SS?

Warren Barr could also be a person who bought the bus from CTA(a practice I don't think they do). But maybe he's taking the bus, taking off the CTA livery and using it for his own private use.

I know ISE is out of business, but if this is an individual buying the bus, maybe he's changing the propulsion unit to another Hybrid series or just going with a diesel engine and ditching the Hybrid material.

But he would have to come up with an ISE repair place with parts. That sounds like he'd be walking on water. :P

Could be they want it for parts. If it's an upscale nursing home it probably has it's own bus to take seniors out on trips, maybe shopping, so they can attempt to keep their independence. The only way to really know is go over there and see if they have a bus.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, andrethebusman said:

Here is what SS has to say: 900-905, 908-909 still in the back. Apparently sale to CCW fell thru. 906 however is "MIA" - can't be found. Might still be at Kedzie, as best as anybody can come up with. So can those who go by SS check this out?

On 2/15/2016 at 11:49 AM, andrethebusman said:

Randomly web surfing and stumbled on what happened to 907

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 5:15 AM, dailycommuter62 said:

Randomly web surfing and stumbled on what happened to 907

I don't get it, zooming up the picture shows the bus only goes to the length of the wall it's protruding through. There's like one aisle of seats passed the wheel well and that's it. So I wonder why they would go and acquire the bus for that?

Kind of interesting, CTA was going to sell the #900 buses to an electric bus rebuilder, CCW, and the deal fell through. I wonder why then they wouldn't step up to the plate and rebuild the buses themselves for that purpose. They could try it out. It's cheaper and you would have extra buses to run. They could easily do a complete  63rd and Chicago electrification of buses and see at the same time is this really viable? Just think they could have 32 electric buses.

55 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I don't get it, zooming up the picture shows the bus only goes to the length of the wall it's protruding through. There's like one aisle of seats passed the wheel well and that's it. So I wonder why they would go and acquire the bus for that?

Kind of interesting, CTA was going to sell the #900 buses to an electric bus rebuilder, CCW, and the deal fell through. I wonder why then they wouldn't step up to the plate and rebuild the buses themselves for that purpose. They could try it out. It's cheaper and you would have extra buses to run. They could easily do a complete  63rd and Chicago electrification of buses and see at the same time is this really viable? Just think they could have 32 electric buses.

Yea I see they cut the front end off the bus but you right about that