Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

11 hours ago, Busjack said:

Since 25 options have now been exercised for 6485-6509, we now know the answer to that one. We would be, on receipt of the 91 CNGs at 6601.

There probably would also be the issue that the 25 Express buses would have been in the middle of the CNG series, although I suggested other ways to avoid that (like making the Expresses 16800-25. bit Pace didn't do that).

Indeed. I also thought of 6700s (hell, why not?) since majority of the fleet are in the 6XXX's. 

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

They being at Ravinia already establishes that.

Or maybe they listened to Heather Armstrong. Same thing, just 5 years before you. Or maybe the Transitmaster passenger counter. Or just trying to get a bus in front of HQ (no, that would never happen).

The article said "some 40."

I had my surmises about that in the New Express Routes topic, but I said they were "random hypothetical thoughts." For instance, I don't know that the overpriced trolley contract has anything to do with the distributor service.

And guess what the sum of the highway eldos come out to. (about 40) i think it would be rather embarrassing to have a virtually newly rebuilt expy and here comes #6122 chugging along belching black smoke. they are going to have their best looking buses out there. Same reason we don't have sw's Orions on the I-55 corridor. This is your showcase express service.

When was the last time we saw a Wrigley Field express with an Orion? Those days have passed. I haven't seen the Sox buses lately but I bet if they aren't eldo they soon will be even if they have to sub in some CNG's!! xD

34 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

... here comes #6122 chugging along belching black smoke.

It should be gone sooner than later. Obviously, when the service has the big unveiling whenever the Tollway is done "by the end of the year," 600, 603, 605. and 607 are going to be all Axess, and probably wrapped. The current handout so depicts them (although that might only be a logo).

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

You know it's funny, I talked about the 3 toll gates closed at the rosemont toll plaza and now almost every bus (at least it was last week) is doing the alternate expy entrance (I-90, I-294, I-190Wb, Mannheim, I-190eb, to River Rd to the terminal) Maybe someone is listening. It is free advice.

There is a passenger notice that the buses are all detouring that way.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Could also be simply River does not have any space for these new buses so they go to Dundee. That would explain why a River driver was driving a Dundee bus. There are technically no Dundee drivers yet. You could probably say Dundee has opened but it is unofficial.

Did you ask the driver, or was it one of the 6490s assigned to River (again as I previously noted)?

As it was indicated that Dundee is a branch of NW, what's the more interesting question is how they do the pick for that. For instance does some driver do that because  she doesn't want to drive to work from Hoffman Estates to Des Plaines?

However, it doesn't appear that we have any actual drivers from NW or River to answer.

29 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Did you ask the driver, or was it one of the 6490s assigned to River (again as I previously noted)?

As it was indicated that Dundee is a branch of NW, what's the more interesting question is how they do the pick for that. For instance does some driver do that because  she doesn't want to drive to work from Hoffman Estates to Des Plaines?

However, it doesn't appear that we have any actual drivers from NW or River to answer.

What are you talking about? All the #6490's go to Dundee or at least that's what the tracker shows. I told you a River driver was operating #6497, I saw her arm patch. Now though that a new pick has started for Pace, started this week, I can't say for sure there are no Dundee buses that are technically officially "Dundee" but I would have to say their isn't. It's still sort of like River north, not to be confused with the chicago neighborhood of course. I don't think it will be official til winter pick or spring depending on when the startup is. 

3 minutes ago, Busjack said:

No it doesn't. I had previously posted a tracker showing a 6488 going from Sears to River.

Then River had a space open that day. That's all that proves. Anyway I said #6490's. xD It probably doesn't really matter as both garages are technically River right now but we won't be seeing eldorkos at Dundee unless there is a service failure with the new buses at River. I know we had this conversation before so I need a refresher, but didn't you say that River does it's own maintenance. Maybe it's doing Dundee's.

22 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

. I know we had this conversation before so I need a refresher, but didn't you say that River does it's own maintenance. Maybe it's doing Dundee's.

I said River was closer to East Dundee than anything else. However, it is also clear that 401-405 Christine was a truck maintenance facility and not a "warehouse." The whole area looks like one huge truck yard (apparently on landfill).

River is clearly doing its own maintenance, as someone posted a video of that.

As far as what is going on, I suggested before that you ask the driver, instead of assuming something, and, presumably, looking at her Pace patch.

Also, as I had mentioned, Dundee is an "outstation" of NW. That's pretty clear from the article, and 6394 going there.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

I said River was closer to East Dundee than anything else. However, it is also clear that 401-405 Christine was a truck maintenance facility and not a "warehouse." The whole area looks like one huge truck yard (apparently on landfill).

River is clearly doing its own maintenance, as someone posted a video of that.

As far as what is going on, I suggested before that you ask the driver, instead of assuming something, and, presumably, looking at her Pace patch.

Also, as I had mentioned, Dundee is an "outstation" of NW. That's pretty clear from the article, and 6394 going there.

How can you assume something when it's staring you in the face? A River patch means she's not working at NW. I don't know why #6394 was going there, but it was the only bus. Maybe someone at NW was dropping something off.

Alright @BusHunter and @Busjack settle down. What it seems like from what I've reading from both of you is confusion of #6390s and #6490s assignments but does it really matter who got this bus and that bus though??? As long as Dundee and River are cooperating well with their assignments, you both should just lay the conversation about it to rest. Love you guys and be well. :)

7 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Alright @BusHunter and @Busjack settle down. What it seems like from what I've reading from both of you is confusion of #6390s and #6490s assignments but does it really matter who got this bus and that bus though??? As long as Dundee and River are cooperating well with their assignments, you both should just lay the conversation about it to rest. Love you guys and be well. :)

I see your point, but essentially why do we have "more bus moves" topics here?

There doesn't seem any doubt that 6386-91 are River buses, the new NW garage has not been built, and a split between East Dundee and River has not been established, and probably will not settle down  until the whole project is implemented.

What started this up anyway was 6219 on 606, as opposed to 353 or 364. Heck, some buses were reported transferred from NS, but NS doesn't seem short.

• Upvote 1

It's disappointing I can't debate this with you (busjack) further. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I didn't think anything was wrong with our conversation. I don't think we violated any forum rules, so while I respect Garmons decision, I think he's overextending. If we can't debate anything why are we here?

14 minutes ago, west towns said:

I seem to recall the jobs posted for dundee mentioned they work either dundee or river which should put to rest the favt river and dundee are tied at the hip and not nw and dundee.  

Job posting for River. That does seem to settle the debate over where the operators are from, especially since the posting for NW makes no mention of Dundee.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Is this the article you were referencing? If so, it doesn't specifically say that Dundee will be a branch of NW, only that NW doesn't have the capacity to run the new service. I'm going to take the position that all Dundee operators are from River, and that the highway buses from NW were all transferred there.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It's disappointing I can't debate this with you (busjack) further. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I didn't think anything was wrong with our conversation. I don't think we violated any forum rules, so while I respect Garmons decision, I think he's overextending. If we can't debate anything why are we here?

Wait what??? :O I didn't once say that y'all conversation was wrongdoing. I'm just saying that let River and Dundee get fully established with their assignments. I would've removed y'all posts if that was the scenario. Don't make me come after you! :P

• 2 weeks later...