Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

8 hours ago, qwantae said:

As I watched the Tracker in last couple days for all Southwest Routes, seems that all the Orion VI's (except Blue Wraps) aren't in service on SW Routes anymore.  And I've seen Brand New Eldo #6549 in service today on 379.  

There aren't any Orions running right now, but it's Saturday morning. I believe 6101 was the only one I saw on Thursday.

17 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

19 has been out on 383 all day. Hopefully it's running tomorrow night so I can check it out. I wonder if it is a demonstrator, since Pace will need a contract for new buses to replace the NABIs.

Maybe it's just a new bus that was misprogrammed? So all buses are in service up to #6550, minus #6575 at sw? I guess I'll update the roster then while I have some time.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:17 PM, jesi2282 said:

also 6648 moved from River to W...

Just now, jesi2282 said:

6683 also moved to W from River, currently on #330...

Undoubtedly making space after R got 6559-6563, and less need for 35 footers on 606, 616.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:17 PM, jesi2282 said:

also 6648 moved from River to W...

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Undoubtedly making space after R got 6559-6563, and less need for 35 footers on 606, 616.

Which probably means there's an Orion or 2003 Nabi at West that should be canned shortly, if not already.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, qwantae said:

No wonder today I see 6159 on the 301 at Wheaton, 6160 on the 322 at 54/ Cermak, and 6156 on the 307 at Argo all on Web today.   I knew this was going to happen eventually.  

R.I.P Orion VI fleet at SW Division.  Will be missed. :(

Torch has been passed....but 6158 has not yet been reported as seen.  

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Did this video happen at Jefferson Park CTA?  I was over there earlier today for the first time in at least 2 years.  Didn't see any pulses when I was there :(  

Yes, but it is the old question of trying to chase one bus, unless you have Webwatch on your mobile device or can find it on Webwatch and can time your encounter, especially since this isn't regular service yet. Here it was either the promised training, or NW was a bus short, not Pulse service.

13 hours ago, Busjack said:

Yes, but it is the old question of trying to chase one bus, unless you have Webwatch on your mobile device or can find it on Webwatch and can time your encounter, especially since this isn't regular service yet. Here it was either the promised training, or NW was a bus short, not Pulse service.

I'd wager the latter. Any bus could be used on any route at any time. In this case, NW threw the Pulse bus out to the wild. 

Well #6517, a future Pulse bus, is out on the #270. I'll be heading over there after work for the rush. Hopefully it sticks  around cause I'd like to see it and maybe get some pics.

I think  this is going to be a regular thing at least  on the weekdays . Maybe a transportation manager  has to sign off on it. They only typically  work  during the week.