Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Well #6517, a future Pulse bus, is out on the #270. I'll be heading over there after work for the rush. Hopefully it sticks  around cause I'd like to see it and maybe get some pics.

I think  this is going to be a regular thing at least  on the weekdays . Maybe a transportation manager  has to sign off on it. They only typically  work  during the week.

Looks like it is going to be like when 6392 first showed up; the one that leaves Jeff Park at 12, 2, and 4, and gets to Glenbrook Hospital at 1, 3, an 5. Might chase it tomorrow, if it again shows up on WebWatch.

#6517 currently has 274 miles on it. I couldn't be positive though as I kept staring at it trying to make out a 4th digit. But that would give it 2,74?. As the mileage didnt change that could be a possibility especially driving from cali if thats what they are doing  

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#6517 currently has 274 miles on it. I couldn't be positive though as I kept staring at it trying to make out a 4th digit. But that would give it 2,74?. As the mileage didnt change that could be a possibility especially driving from cali if thats what they are doing  

Depends on how it was delivered, but if it was driven from Riverside CA to S. Holland (as they usually are) that's 2,000 miles.

On the other sightings, looks like that's near the end for the Orion VIs at NW. 270 might be training, but 250 probably is not.

Here are some pics of #6514

58ff4a62dce10_pulse6514interior.thumb.png.81410f5d793f57a5b30be9fbf605ca2d.png

58ff4a3f3cef3_pulserearhalfinterior.thumb.png.3046daf8f9f06bdd4f983eba70520e35.png

58ff4a756b787_pulseseatdetail.thumb.png.710b12259fac9495a6e1a51c41d8ec8e.png

58ff4a7dc9b30_pulsereardoor.thumb.png.626bf5b03522ecdf4b935fbb697f57a7.png

58ff4a4f722f4_pulse6514rear.thumb.png.2b72ef82069c546da694c53216125cbf.png

I took a video of the video screens to show what screens are cycled through. Kind of cool I got a video too that shows when someone pulls the cord stop requested shows right on the video screen. I'll upload those in a few hrs from now. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks. Strange that it has gray seat inserts, but without Pace logos.

12 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I took a video of the video screens to show what screens are cycled through. Kind of cool I got a video too that shows when someone pulls the cord stop requested shows right on the video screen. I'll upload those in a few hrs from now. 

My first impression was "those video screens of a bus are REAL informative.":P

48 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Here's a video on the TV screens as they cycle through there advertisements.

Looks like a combination of the late TransitTV, and some kind of Google theater view show at the park district (sign up for spinning, May 5).

48 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Here's a video of the TV screen signs, showing how the stop requested sign shows up right on the TV screen,

If you hadn't mentioned it, it wouldn't have been obvious. It's the red lettering at the top. But I would assume that the TransitMaster runs all this. Would be more interesting if it had real time information. Maybe it eventually will.

Again, it may end up like the attempt to sign up interactive advertisers. "Dempster is Next. 250 WB to O'Hare in 5 minutes. Kimchi on sale at Assi Market."

Pretty cool how heavily the glass is tinted on the outside and when you get inside the bus you would never know the glass had any tint. I don't know how that is possible but im not a glass manufacturer either. 

On the tv screens the bus shown is #6323. Looks like everything from the windows down will get the pulse wrap. If you notice the wrench is above the windows. One other thing I noticed is it seems like the rear destination  sign is bigger or the font is bigger.

17 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Pretty cool how heavily the glass is tinted on the outside and when you get inside the bus you would never know the glass had any tint. I don't know how that is possible but im not a glass manufacturer either. 

And when they wrap it, you still can see out.

On the tv screens the bus shown is #6323.

Consistent with all the Pulse art work so far, see, for instance that in the newsletter.

Looks like everything from the windows down will get the pulse wrap

You can compare that to 6485-6509. If you look close enough, the wrap over the windows is only where the Pace Express logo is; only other window wrap is the I-90 shield. With regard to Pulse, I think you referred to the "Barney bus" before.

One other thing I noticed is it seems like the rear destination  sign is bigger or the font is bigger.

The font is bigger, because it is not entirely within the sign. What appeared to me (again I don't know if your camera affected it) is that the dot pitch of the leds does not match the characters (note the horizontal dark stripes). Again, maybe it being the mutlicolor sign affected the sign or the programming.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

And when they wrap it, you still can see out.

Consistent with all the Pulse art work so far, see, for instance that in the newsletter.

You can compare that to 6485-6509. If you look close enough, the wrap over the windows is only where the Pace Express logo is; only other window wrap is the I-90 shield. With regard to Pulse, I think you referred to the "Barney bus" before.

The font is bigger, because it is not entirely within the sign. What appeared to me (again I don't know if your camera affected it) is that the dot pitch of the leds does not match the characters (note the horizontal dark stripes). Again, maybe it being the mutlicolor sign affected the sign or the programming.

How can you tell if its multicolor? (Just asking trying not to be sarcastic) 

With wraps you can see out but the view is obscured id say by 50 percent. I like not having the wrench logo on the windows which seems tacky to me. Plus you cannot see through the wrench or pace express for that matter. One of the joys of travelling is being able to look out the window!! Lol!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 3:38 PM, rotjohns said:

6664 & 6668 have moved from South to North.  Probably means some 6600s (or maybe some 6220s) are retiring.  North is usually a final resting place for buses.

Yeah I think most south nabis are retiring and whatever nabis are deemed worthy still are going to north. South had very few nabis out yesterday like maybe 5-7. That's saying something when there are 51 and I didn't even count #6600's. I thought the #6600's are newer than the #6162's. I also took a look at North and curiously enough could only spot one #6162 which was #6224 on #272. If I didnt know better Id say the #6600's are retiring Norths #6162's.

Funny though if South still has 40 CNGs coming what do they need them for? Really they probably only need 10 more. Those would have made nice Pulse buses but NW has no cng facility. 

14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

. I thought the #6600's are newer than the #6162's

They were delivered at about the same time, but there certainly is a mileage difference between working at S, and working something like FV->First Student and then wherever. Delivery schedule was complicated that there was at least one option for 6162s and 2 for 6600s delivered in about the same time frame (still reflected by the license plates).

On a similar point, there seems to be more 6600s on Ravinia duty, such as 6618 from West, 6676 from South. Others, such as 6619 and 6678 were already there according to the inventory.

I also took a look at North and curiously enough could only spot one #6162 which was #6224 on #272. If I didnt know better Id say the #6600's are retiring Norths #6162's.

N isn't running school trips now.

Funny though if South still has 40 CNGs coming what do they need them for? Really they probably only need 10 more. Those would have made nice Pulse buses but NW has no cng facility. 

You seem to have missed all the blue NABIs still running there, as well as a number of 6600s. Look at Webwatch (or directly) during a weekday rush hour.