Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

With the #6573 and #6574 bus swap, it almost sounds like sw may be losing the #6500's to NW and NW will send it's #6400's to W or possibly the #6390's. SW may get the #6700's. This way the blocks are not so confusing. But then what does that say about #6565 and #6566 at NS and the few #6500's at River. Could they all end up with #6400's? NW with the Pulse #6500's and the other #6500's would make it have one continuous block but they might still have a few #6400's. But what about North!! :P:P

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

With the #6573 and #6574 bus swap, it almost sounds like sw may be losing the #6500's to NW and NW will send it's #6400's to W or possibly the #6390's. SW may get the #6700's. This way the blocks are not so confusing. But then what does that say about #6565 and #6566 at NS and the few #6500's at River. Could they all end up with #6400's? NW with the Pulse #6500's and the other #6500's would make it have one continuous block but they might still have a few #6400's. But what about North!! :P:P

I don't think two buses are an indicator of that many moves. 6573-74 weren't a swap, they were never put in service until this morning. The original intent was probably to send them to SW, but they don't seem to need more, so Pace sent them where the need was greater.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Would this mean that NW will get rid of the Orions they have?

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

I don't think two buses are an indicator of that many moves. 6573-74 weren't a swap, they were never put in service until this morning. The original intent was probably to send them to SW, but they don't seem to need more, so Pace sent them where the need was greater.

It makes sense to send 6573/6574 to NW.  They have to get rid of the remaining Orions that are left and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if 2696 and 2766 head up there too for the smaller routes.  If so, that should officially end the Orions.  

As far as the 6700s, unless NS really needs them, West is the logical choice to send them.  They can kill off the Orions and the 6162s there.

1 minute ago, garmon757 said:

6700s are at River and I don’t like that decision because it’s getting to the point that West and North are getting really pinched with older buses. I wouldn’t be surprised if West gets bloated with more NABIs from North. 

I don't think those are coming back.

I noted the imponderables under New Eldorados, and also the R buses seem only to get 6600s off 606 and 616, about 6 years after that was requested.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I don't think those are coming back.

I noted the imponderables under New Eldorados, and also the R buses seem only to get 6600s off 606 and 616, about 6 years after that was requested.

I saw your post but I can’t see 6700s a small order. If Pace wants the entire fleet excluding Paratransit vehicles to be Eldorados then fine but at some point, what are they accomplishing bloating West with more Orions and Nabis? 

6 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

I saw your post but I can’t see 6700s a small order. If Pace wants the entire fleet excluding Paratransit vehicles to be Eldorados then fine but at some point, what are they accomplishing bloating West with more Orions and Nabis? 

Temporary. Same as they accomplished by sending 6156-6161 to SW. They aren't there now, as you noted.

As I indicated, there are other reasons for R, but Pace isn't replacing the 30 foot buses on local routes.

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

6700s are at River and I don’t like that decision because it’s getting to the point that West and North are getting really pinched with older buses. I wouldn’t be surprised if West gets bloated with more NABIs from North. 

Also NABIs form North Shore or Orions form Northwest.

6 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Yeah I liked the SW idea as it made sense, but the new kid in town is the I-90 express service, so that's where they are going to attract the new buses. At least West is better off than North which has been forgotten about. 9_9

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I liked the SW idea as it made sense, but the new kid in town is the I-90 express service, so that's where they are going to attract the new buses. At least West is better off than North which has been forgotten about. 9_9

That’s because West has the best maintenance than any other garage. Speaking of maintance, #6158 looks good when I’ve spotted it in Forest Park. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Tell me about it. I was literally puzzled why they did that. 

Elgin originally had about 35 6600s and then lost them when 2600s replaced the 6600s in the collar county cities and Highland Park. Then it got some of them back when Academy punted its contract and River assumed some of it.

Which reminds me that @BusHunter mentioned this as being some sort of "I-90 thing," but 606 was always heavy, with demands that Pace put 40 foot buses on it. On the other hand, 616 was almost canceled, but tracking the 6700s indicates that some runs are interlined with 606.