Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

Elgin originally had about 35 6600s and then lost them when 2600s replaced the 6600s in the collar county cities and Highland Park. Then it got some of them back when Academy punted its contract and River assumed some of it.

Which reminds me that @BusHunter mentioned this as being some sort of "I-90 thing," but 606 was always heavy, with demands that Pace put 40 foot buses on it. On the other hand, 616 was almost canceled, but tracking the 6700s indicates that some runs are interlined with 606.

Otherwise, 616 would’ve been useless. Thanks for the 6600s info. I didn’t know Academy was facing adversity at the time. 

7 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Otherwise, 616 would’ve been useless. Thanks for the 6600s info. I didn’t know Academy was facing adversity at the time. 

Andre, Jerry and several others working there had posted about it, including having to go to the union to get their pay checks. There were also posts about why there was a West bus and the driver was wearing a Pace River patch, but by then the route was listed as River.

6652 actually made a round trip, sort of Elgin, Aurora, Lisle, and back to Elgin.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Andre, Jerry and several others working there had posted about it, including having to go to the union to get their pay checks. There were also posts about why there was a West bus and the driver was wearing a Pace River patch, but by then the route was listed as River.

6652 actually made a round trip, sort of Elgin, Aurora, Lisle, and back to Elgin.

Speaking of #6652!

833A40E3-3EE6-49FA-9659-7D64AD40B3DA.jpeg

46 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

It's on the 626 right now.  

So, false alarm. 6287 was on 301, so it might have been numeric dyslexia.

BTW, I was thinking that 6700-6702 not being seen might mean that they were going somewhere other than Elgin, but N and NS were status quo this morning (including N's 40 foot NABIs).

22 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Spotted a minor move; #2765 is on #550 coming from Heritage. @BusHunter #6642 need to be in the North column on behalf of your roster. 

Yeah I'm trying to get up to speed. Coming back from my vacation in Minneapolis. I really enjoyed the light rail trains they had in the city. I didnt know the transit system up there had artics but I guess most major cities have them. Mostly it seems like they had Gilligs. They had the modern brt one but I dont believe it was themed brt. But they do have express bus service out of mall of america. The light rail runs right through the garage at moa. Isn't that a trip. Im debating whether to put up some footage on youtube. I did the ring around lake michigan as part of my trip. I got some footage of the dash or dart service in grand rapids. (More gilligs) i couldnt get over how big grand rapids was. Downtown was busy like here in chicago. (Less traffic though) Minneapolis downtown was lighter. 

1 hour ago, chgofan78 said:

Just spotted 6710 as a Training bus at the Skokie Swift Yellow Line terminal.  I could see 10 buses going to North Shore to replace 6477-6484 and 6564-6565 and sending those to Northwest to replace the last Orions while keeping buses in sequential order.

Plus 6707 is now on the 626.

2 hours ago, chgofan78 said:

Just spotted 6710 as a Training bus at the Skokie Swift Yellow Line terminal.  I could see 10 buses going to North Shore to replace 6477-6484 and 6564-6565 and sending those to Northwest to replace the last Orions while keeping buses in sequential order.

Not really any point to that (unless NW sends some of the 6566s in return), but, as some may have surmised, to replace some 6200s In that "in training," may have been in training for BOS, as apparently not any different than other Axess buses.

But, as usual, Pace through us for a loop, and seems to have gotten the buses out of South Holland pretty quickly after @Pace831 saw them.

57 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

#6273 #6275 and #6281 are back at West. #6427 #6467 #6568 and #6573 are at North Shore. Why is #6377 on #605???

I went to South Holland yesterday when 6273 and 6281 pulled in. It looked like they were getting ready to take 17547 and 17551. Pictures coming soon.

What routes were those "North Shore" buses on? A few routes are shared between NW/NS.

6377 is a highway bus.

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Why is #6377 on #605???

That one is easier. 6377-8 went to East Dundee when the I-90 project started. and NS got 6564-5. The rest doesn't make sense to me unless it is the theory @chgofan78 was raising that the are consolidating  blocks, but it looks like the opposite. Maybe they are trying to make NS more Axess. Have the 6261 and unders starting to disappear? I would look personally, but I'm out of town in Gillig country.

4 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I went to South Holland yesterday when 6273 and 6281 pulled in. It looked like they were getting ready to take 17547 and 17551. Pictures coming soon.

What routes were those "North Shore" buses on? A few routes are shared between NW/NS.

6377 is a highway bus.

So I guess it doesn't even take a day to move buses.  I was thinking reprogramming was necessary, but maybe not.  Or it's done fast.

7 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

So I guess it doesn't even take a day to move buses.  I was thinking reprogramming was necessary, but maybe not.  Or it's done fast.

Andre said (when Academy was told to change their signs) that Pace sent a file to a laptop, and the laptop had to plug the laptop into the data port in the system. That shouldn't take long.