Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

19 hours ago, Busjack said:

That one is easier. 6377-8 went to East Dundee when the I-90 project started. and NS got 6564-5. The rest doesn't make sense to me unless it is the theory @chgofan78 was raising that the are consolidating  blocks, but it looks like the opposite. Maybe they are trying to make NS more Axess. Have the 6261 and unders starting to disappear? I would look personally, but I'm out of town in Gillig country.

How's the Gillig country working out for you? Yeah, I have a feeling that NS is slowing gaining Axxess buses. 

Which makes me think that your. post was mistaken. He must have treated NW trips as NS ones. My quick look on Webwatch, based on my knowledge of which trips are from which garages is that the only thing new is two 6700s; the rest is the same.

Update: On rereading, I attributed the post to the wrong person.

7 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Which makes me think that @chgofan78's post was mistaken. He must have treated NW trips as NS ones. My quick look on Webwatch, based on my knowledge of which trips are from which garages is that the only thing new is two 6700s; the rest is the same.

Yeah I'm seeing #6711 on #213 and #6707 on #215. Update: #6239 is turning back the clock by coming back to West from North Shore. 

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

Yeah I'm seeing #6711 on #213 and #6707 on #215. Update: #6239 is turning back the clock by coming back to West from North Shore. 

Yes, that's turning back the clock about 10 years. The moves to West again make me question whether this order is a big order, or just meeting a couple of immediate needs.

16 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Yes, that's turning back the clock about 10 years. The moves to West again make me question whether this order is a big order, or just meeting a couple of immediate needs.

This have got to be a big order due to West having a gold mine of getting back their respective buses from multiple garages and getting the remaining leftovers like a demoralizing Thanksgiving. I'll be waiting for @Pace831 for more information about the 6700s. 

Unless rush hour shows anything different, the only 2006 Nabis still showing up on Webwatch at South are 6274, 6317, and 6318.  So it sounds to me that the priority is to send 06 Nabis back to West first as more 17500s show up.  After that, the 6162s that are at South can either head to West or retire.  I don't envision them heading anywhere else.

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Are they kidding me? #6257 is at West. 

Sounds like NS is dumping their white wrapped Nabis at the very least to make room for the 6700s and allows West to lose the Orions for good.  The blue ones may also head to West if needed once South finishes dumping the remaining ones they have.  6262 is out today on #215, which to me is a surprise if the above pans out.

There are no Orions out today at West; a bunch of 6600s are out instead.  Meaning the 6600s aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but the Orions are probably heading for retirement by the end of this month.

14 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

6262 is out today on #215, which to me is a surprise if the above pans out.

As I mentioned yesterday, all the 6262s were out on NS routes. I don't know of Pace's plans, but the immediate one does not seem to be to move them.

16 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

Meaning the 6600s aren't going anywhere anytime soon

Except for those S ran into the ground and turned over to Ravinia, those don't seem to have much mileage on them. But as I noted when NS got  6477-84, I didn't see why it sent 6600s to S instead of white 40 foot buses.

29 minutes ago, qwantae said:

Got a feeling that Orions would be gone before Thanksgiving.  Better hurry and catch those rides, grab pictures of them (If they'll let you) 

Still leaves the question of 6156-61, which are newer than the white NABIs, but now eligible to go.

On 10/14/2017 at 0:08 PM, rotjohns said:

Sounds like NS is dumping their white wrapped Nabis at the very least to make room for the 6700s and allows West to lose the Orions for good.  The blue ones may also head to West if needed once South finishes dumping the remaining ones they have.  6262 is out today on #215, which to me is a surprise if the above pans out.

There are no Orions out today at West; a bunch of 6600s are out instead.  Meaning the 6600s aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but the Orions are probably heading for retirement by the end of this month.

I still think you are jumping the gun. NABIs are on Shuttle Bug routes, and I don't think Pace is going to lock a 6700 in the Lake Cook cage for a week at a time. On the other hand, morning 626s are all Axess, which could be a foreshadowing of BOS.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

I still think you are jumping the gun. NABIs are on Shuttle Bug routes, and I don't think Pace is going to lock a 6700 in the Lake Cook cage for a week at a time. On the other hand, morning 626s are all Axess, which could be a foreshadowing of BOS.

But what about locking up an Eldorko in the cage? You probably are right #626's will be Axess from now on, also in the future anything that needs a 40 footer might become Axess

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

It doesn't make much sense  to get a  new bus and not use it much.  6262s have been used on those routes, but only rarely.

Yeah but the #6262's are probably ancient history soon at ns. Something has to replace the #6600's and those are it. 

I suspect south's #6162's were so bad they had to send them #6268. Probably the rest of the #6262's are headed to west. As more #6700's show up they'll (the #6262's) probably be going to north to relieve them of the #6600's.

15 hours ago, Busjack said:

It doesn't make much sense  to get a  new bus and not use it much.  6262s have been used on those routes, but only rarely.

I remember when North Shore Division had Nova Classics, they were mostly used on 626 and couple Shuttle routes.