Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

9 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Looks like the 6730's are moving back to the North side. 6731 and 6730 are on the 565. The lower ones are at North, but the higher buses like 6736, 6738, and 6739 are still at West.

6732's on the 272 right now. 6735 and 6737 are still at W with the other three I mentioned and 6733 and 6734 might be moving to N too right now.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6732's on the 272 right now. 6735 and 6737 are still at W with the other three I mentioned and 6733 and 6734 might be moving to N too right now.

Expect the rest of the 6730s to be back at N by early next week. And W might lose the rest of its full-line-rear-sign Eldos to other Pace divisions over the coming weeks, leaving (once again) only 6323–6376 and the remaining NABIs.

13 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

And W might lose the rest of its full-line-rear-sign Eldos to other Pace divisions over the coming weeks

Although clearly N needs the buses for school trips, the rest of the divisions don't. For instance, after S was declared all CNG and the 6379s were sent to R, there's no reason to send 6559s or 6703s to R.

Again your "rear sign buses" point is a fallacy. If W had any veto power, why did Pace insist on them in the current solicitation?

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Although clearly N needs the buses for school trips, the rest of the divisions don't. For instance, after S was declared all CNG and the 6379s were sent to R, there's no reason to send 6559s or 6703s to R.

Again your "rear sign buses" point is a fallacy. If W had any veto power, why did Pace insist on them in the current solicitation?

Sorry about that, but it was just speculation on my part.

And if the decision to assign bus equipment is made by Pace itself, with little if any input from it's constituent divisions, then I am speculating that Pace itself might have been neglecting W relative to its other divisions. For example, in the past decade or so, outside of the 2400-series NABIs (which were never assigned to W during their revenue service history), W has become a dumping ground for bus series whose retirements are in progress.

40 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

And if the decision to assign bus equipment is made by Pace itself, with little if any input from it's constituent divisions, then I am speculating that Pace itself might have been neglecting W relative to its other divisions. For example, in the past decade or so, outside of the 2400-series NABIs (which were never assigned to W during their revenue service history), W has become a dumping ground for bus series whose retirements are in progress.

Again, that is a consequence of restricting series in a particular garage. SW looked like a dumping ground until it got the 6522s. North was a dumping ground until this year---especially when W got the 6323s, instead of replacing 2401s in place. According to Pace, W got the blue NABIs first, although actually NS did.

Only thing distinctive about W, and may drive some of this, is that it has more buses than other divisions.

Something interesting i just found out. A lot of route updates will be going into affect next week i think. The Barrington rd park n ride will officially be open. And the introduction of 2 new routes. Route 754 from downtown to lewis university. And the route is free. Route 612 will run i believe north of Barrington rd. Im curious which division will be operating route 612

Passenger notice's

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_notices.asp

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 6:16 PM, John7 said:

Something interesting i just found out. A lot of route updates will be going into affect next week i think. The Barrington rd park n ride will officially be open. And the introduction of 2 new routes. Route 754 from downtown to lewis university. And the route is free. Route 612 will run i believe north of Barrington rd. Im curious which division will be operating route 612

Passenger notice's

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_notices.asp

Since 612 is an "on demand" service running from 9a-3p, it's probably going to be a para-transit bus. 

It makes more sense that the 754 would be ran by Heritage because Lewis University is in Romeoville, just a few miles from the Joliet Heritage station, where the rest of the MCIs are.  No reason to bring a 6500 series from SW all the way downtown, then back to Lewis, espeically since one of the MCIs can easily finish it's I-55 shoulder route and run back out to Lewis.  

EDIT:  Schedule for 754 shows Heritage as the garage.  So it likely will be an MCI, not a 30-footer El Do.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

6558.thumb.png.bf2249909f032116e30ef3c2b93d0fe0.png

FWIW, 6558 is on 606 from one garage or the other.

That's been already noted a few weeks ago. 6558 is the only transit Axess currently assigned to R. All of R's other 40-foot Axesses are the "highway edition" units.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, rotjohns said:

Since 612 is an "on demand" service running from 9a-3p, it's probably going to be a para-transit bus. 

It makes more sense that the 754 would be ran by Heritage because Lewis University is in Romeoville, just a few miles from the Joliet Heritage station, where the rest of the MCIs are.  No reason to bring a 6500 series from SW all the way downtown, then back to Lewis, espeically since one of the MCIs can easily finish it's I-55 shoulder route and run back out to Lewis.  

EDIT:  Schedule for 754 shows Heritage as the garage.  So it likely will be an MCI, not a 30-footer El Do.

Actually, 612 will not be an on-demand route. Instead, it will be a rush-hour-only (in the peak direction) fixed route. This route will be operated by R, using its 30-foot EZ Riders.

The on-demand midday service will be a Hoffman Estates On Demand (route number 599 for internal purposes), part of the "Call-n-Ride" group.

4 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

Actually, 612 will not be an on-demand route. Instead, it will be a rush-hour-only (in the peak direction) fixed route. This route will likely be operated by NW, most likely using its 30-foot EZ Riders. However, there is a possibility that it might be operated by First Transit or MV Transportation.

The on-demand midday service will be an unnumbered Hoffman Estates "Call-n-Ride".

I was already hosed for having pointed that out in the correct topic.

On 8/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, rotjohns said:

Saw the first 754 this morning. It was 6966 which had come off an inbound 755.

11 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6739 also came to N. I missed checking N for rush hour this morning so I'll check at the evening rush.

I don't understand why you are making a big deal of this. It is pretty clear that since a big chunk of N's work is school trips, it didn't need the buses during the summer, so it sent 10 to W. Since the first day of class is August 23, it needs the buses back.

37 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I don't understand why you are making a big deal of this. It is pretty clear that since a big chunk of N's work is school trips, it didn't need the buses during the summer, so it sent 10 to W. Since the first day of class is August 23, it needs the buses back.

Yes, I know. Since the others are back I won't tell that they're back.