Sign in to follow this  
artthouwill

ATS O'Hare

CTA buses 4329, 4350. 1763 are lined up on the lower level of ORD Terminal 5 along wi t.f h a parking lot shuttle bus. Earlier I spotted 178 on upper level Termial 1.  CTA 1761 is behind another parking shuttle at Temial 5.  O suppose CTA s supplementing the All Terminals shuttle..

CTA buses 4329, 4350. 1763 are lined up on the lower level of ORD Terminal 5 along wi t.f h a parking lot shuttle bus. Earlier I spotted 178 on upper level Termial 1.  CTA 1761 is behind another parking shuttle at Temial 5.  O suppose CTA s supplementing the All Terminals shuttle..

Looks like Coninental Air Transport (airport Express) is helping out at ORD.  They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.  They also have rear doors.  There are 2 of them operating along with CTA artics 4331, 4359, 4376, and 4365.

22 hours ago, artthouwill said:

They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.

As depicted on the ENC site, and exemplified by the new Schaumburg Trolleys, the EZ Riders now have the same front and back as the Axess.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, artthouwill said:

Looks like Coninental Air Transport (airport Express) is helping out at ORD.  They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.  They also have rear doors.  There are 2 of them operating along with CTA artics 4331, 4359, 4376, and 4365.

No wonder I see artics going down Higgins Everyday Now I know why

10 hours ago, mel bernero said:

The legal lettering shows Continental Air Transport. It appears there could be 20 buses being used, S102X/S103X.

Apparently they are replacing the CTA artics as I haven't seen  any out at ORD this week.  

Also strange that Continental, and not Delaware (which has the O'Hare contract) , is providing the extra equipment.  These are  40 ft New Flyers which wouldn't be  necessary at Midway.  Although the legal  lettering  says Continental  Air Transport,  they don't  own any buses, per se.  The MDW contract they have is a joint venture with  Cook County School Bus and I believe they actually  operate the  business. 

Spoke to someone today who turned out to be an ATS mechanic who works on the cars.  She said 6 of the new ATS cars have been delivered so far. I thought I saw one but most of that view was somewhat obscured.  I can tell you he car is like a navy blue.

• Upvote 2