What's Left for Pace's NABI LFW 6162s/ 6600s?

qwantae

• 1 month later...

So in this heat, I noticed last Friday that 6224 had no a/c, windows and roof hatches opened.  Then on Saturday, 6276 had no a/c - don't understand why that bus should be running on a Saturday? But anywho, it's clear that there are plenty more out there, but wouldn't it just make sense to run these buses either early in the morning rush hour or late at night when it's cooler, like a 332 Cargo bus for example?  6224 was running about 3pm on Friday around Oak Brook, right when it's the hottest.  

58 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

West ran a bunch of 6162s when I was in town last week. Kinda shocked, honestly.

Me too, but they could also be trying to preserve the 6323s and not use them too much so they last longer.  That's what they use to do to 6270 on up and ran the daylights out of the Orions until their retirement.  They'll be plenty of 6162s heading to Ravinia next year before they retire for good once the new buses come in.

21 hours ago, rotjohns said:

So in this heat, I noticed last Friday that 6224 had no a/c, windows and roof hatches opened.  Then on Saturday, 6276 had no a/c - don't understand why that bus should be running on a Saturday? But anywho, it's clear that there are plenty more out there, but wouldn't it just make sense to run these buses either early in the morning rush hour or late at night when it's cooler, like a 332 Cargo bus for example?  6224 was running about 3pm on Friday around Oak Brook, right when it's the hottest.  

Ironically 6227 had crazy good a/c.  But W has to run the NABIs as it has nearly a 50/50 mix of NABI and Eldorado buses.  Unfortunately even some of the 6323s don't have a/c.  It seems like W is also in dire need of mechanical as they are constantly advertising for drivers and mechanics.   

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Ironically 6227 had crazy good a/c.  But W has to run the NABIs as it has nearly a 50/50 mix of NABI and Eldorado buses.  Unfortunately even some of the 6323s don't have a/c.  It seems like W is also in dire need of mechanical as they are constantly advertising for drivers and mechanics.   

It is bad when a 6162 has better air than a 6323, per alone a 6262.  I'm baking on 6330 now.  Where's 6227 when you need it?

On 7/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, rotjohns said:

6224 and 6257 on 332 with workubf air today .

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, artthouwill said:

Actually, all facilities except FV are looking for drivers and some mechanics.  Wonder why the turnover all of a sudden?  Are the old Nabis running folks away?  

They also better figure out the a/c soon, it's supposed to be really hot tomorrow and then again this weekend.

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2019 at 4:44 AM, artthouwill said:

What's your source?  I couldn't find anything on Pace nor New Flyer websites.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:47 AM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

https://www.facebook.com/PaceBus/?epa=SEARCH_BOX and look for my comment in the post where it shows the heritage fleet will be coming as a special 35th anniversary and Throwback Thursday photo of two vintage buses and a current 30-foot Eldorado. My user is named "Erin Mishkin."

Just checked the Pace website and saw that bids have been awarded to NFI and ElDorado.

54 minutes ago, WCR said:

6669 on the 307 just a few minutes ago. Southbound at Burlington Street.

DSC_0830.JPG

Must have good a/c.   I saw 6224 at Forest Park Terminal with no air.  That driver switched with the inbound 757 that pulled into the terminal.  6210 seemed to have good air.

Apparently not enough buses or not enough drivers as I waited ONE HOUR at Forest Park Terminal for the  301, a route that's supposed to run at 20 minute intervals during the rush  periods.   Every other route serving the Terminal had at least 2 buses show during my wait .  6651, 6612 would have been a welcoming sight instead of waiting an hour.  This always happens to me when I take the 301 back west which is why I normally opt for the Green Line and the 313.  I guess receiving 6730 - 6739 hasn't changed much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode 6210 today, that bus is nowhere like how it was in October last year. There was a minor problem with one of the vent windows, and that was like the only improper thing I found in that bus back then. The bus did sound real awesome and the next-stop sign was working, and it was also pretty quick! Now to today, the next-stop sign still does work, but the bus is slow, it does not sound that awesome anymore (with the loud heating on, it may sound different if it is off), and I found something that is really dangerous that could break any second. This bus is also really bouncy, and kind of reminds of my 6651 ride in December. I was expecting it to be like 6237 (my fav, it sounds brand new), but turns out it is going to be gone pretty soon like all the others.

8 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I rode 6210 today, that bus is nowhere like how it was in October last year. There was a minor problem with one of the vent windows, and that was like the only improper thing I found in that bus back then. The bus did sound real awesome and the next-stop sign was working, and it was also pretty quick! Now to today, the next-stop sign still does work, but the bus is slow, it does not sound that awesome anymore (with the loud heating on, it may sound different if it is off), and I found something that is really dangerous that could break any second. This bus is also really bouncy, and kind of reminds of my 6651 ride in December. I was expecting it to be like 6237 (my fav, it sounds brand new), but turns out it is going to be gone pretty soon like all the others.

What did you find that could break off?

• Upvote 1