What's Left for Pace's NABI LFW 6162s/ 6600s?

qwantae

On 8/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

The more the bus hits bumps the more it creeks. (Since i did post that i can confirm it)  the other complaint in my post is the fact that about 90% of their buses 6323 - 6376 have no working wifi. Only a few like 6375 works since im using it right now. *edit* when 6375 was about to arrive at rosemont the wifi disconnected. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I havent seen the 6600's in a while. So it looks like west retired all of its 6600's. Ravinia is the only division with those buses. But not for long since newer buses will be coming in to retire all of the nabi buses and some of the 30ft eldorado buses. And ill bet those 30ft buses will move to Ravinia.

I got 6227 today, sounds awesome like 6237 and sounds way better than I thought! It has good AC which does not block the engine almost completely like I experienced in 6296, and last year I saw this bus with messed up turn signals, and once a few weeks ago the driver did shut the entire bus off at his layover in Oak Park on the 314 at Pete's. All I need to ride that is left is 6258.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I can't believe 16 and 17 years two of the 2002/3 models I rode today are still in great condition, like they are only one or two years old! 6227 and 6251 run great but 6227 has a light above the rear door not working and 6251 does have vandalism on the seats in the rear.

Remember, 6251 was a Joliet bus for a while so it probably didn't get the heavy use as it does now.  And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't 6227 out for a while at one point of it's life before it came back?  If so, then that's probably why it's still doing well.  Look for both of these buses at Ravinia next year.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, John7 said:

All nabi buses are going to be retired by this summer. Catch a ride on them before they're all gone.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:40 PM, strictures said:

Why?  Every NABI I rode on during the summers from the North Shore garage, had the heat on full blast while the A/C was going!

I go out a lot, and I have a lot of NABI buses I still need to catch onto my YT channel! For me, not every NABI had A/C going for me, like 6237, 6289, 6251, 6293, and 6267!

• 3 months later...

It's probably going to be trouble for the Nabis now as a bunch of routes will either be cut or suspended all over starting Monday, May 18th.  So either they're going to run a bunch of Eldos and NFs and cut out as many Nabis as possible now OR they'll run the Nabis for as long as they can and run them to the ground so they can then retire and save the Eldos/NFs until it's time to put them in on a more consistent basis.  My guess is the latter and that makes the most sense as long as most of them are running ok as it would save them from running the NFs so fast, especially if kinks need to be works out as more start service.  But the minute a Nabi breaks down, it's gone from service.  Since no division seems immune to cuts, I would also not be surprised if we see some kind of movement amongst other divisions to West, even if it's temporary, so that's something to keep an eye on. 

Well I would definitely be running shield buses if I had those to run just for the safety of the operators. Probably the cuts will transfer to a nabi retirement. Buses will transfer where more routes were cut, but only unless it affects the fleet. Like south will be keeping cngs due to incompatibility with the rest of the system. 

On 5/12/2020 at 4:21 PM, BusHunter said:

Well I would definitely be running shield buses if I had those to run just for the safety of the operators. Probably the cuts will transfer to a nabi retirement. Buses will transfer where more routes were cut, but only unless it affects the fleet. Like south will be keeping cngs due to incompatibility with the rest of the system. 

Pace seems eager to getting the NFs out, especially given the shields on these buses.  And with Ravinia canceled for this year, no chance any NABIs are heading up there.  And once the stay-at-home order is lifted, I don't expect Pace to be too quick about restoring some routes and/or times.  Too many people or companies will be spooked to allow life to return to normal, ridership is likely going to stay down for a little while. 

My Prediction:  It could be over for most (if not all) of the NABIs by the end of June.

Yeah your probably right. Unless cta does a service cut its stuck with the 6400s because no order/bid has gone out. Pace has that gift of 85 buses showing up plus whatever cuts will stick so it's most likely the end of the nabis very soon. Nfs are taking over at west I'm starting to see more of them than any other west bus. They still have 50 buses to go too.