• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better pictures I just taken 👍🏾

Testing @ Navy Pier

I work there bud and I've been told that no one is allowed to be in that area other than supervision with there certified cars and buses pulling in from runs. You were well passed the entrance based o

Posted Images

Looks like the city has had its press conference on the release of the #600 prototypes. Press conference just mentions #66.. They still are going strong on the idea that we will have all electric buses in 20 years. There going to need alot of electric bus infrastructure Bill's from the pres. 

In other news, an vaccination cta bus for covid-19 has been established. I dont know what bus it is. But if I was a betting man I'd say those #6400's may not be done just yet!!

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Looks like the city has had its press conference on the release of the #600 prototypes. Press conference just mentions #66.. They still are going strong on the idea that we will have all electric buses in 20 years. There going to need alot of electric bus infrastructure Bill's from the pres. 

In other news, an vaccination cta bus for covid-19 has been established. I dont know what bus it is. But if I was a betting man I'd say those #6400's may not be done just yet!!

something is telling me they will use a #6400 for it 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah, they made an instagram post showing off one of the Proterras. 

[font=estrangelo edessa] [color=#b03060] [size=3] Do the electric buses [i]only run[/i] during the morning AM rush?

[i]I do not exist until 11 AM at least[/i]. So when I went to my bookmarks for tracking buses running on routes, including the #66, I never glimpsed an all-electric bus (600) running on the #66. [/size] [/color] [/font]

23 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

[font=estrangelo edessa] [color=#b03060] [size=3] Do the electric buses [i]only run[/i] during the morning AM rush?

[i]I do not exist until 11 AM at least[/i]. So when I went to my bookmarks for tracking buses running on routes, including the #66, I never glimpsed an all-electric bus (600) running on the #66. [/size] [/color] [/font]

Yes they just run in the morning rush but only one bus per morning.

They are getting brave. This morning 2 Proterras are running on #66 #605 and #600. I wonder if they're both trippers. I believe the only proterra that hasnt been in service yet is #601.

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

They are getting brave. This morning 2 Proterras are running on #66 #605 and #600. I wonder if they're both trippers. I believe the only proterra that hasnt been in service yet is #601.

601 and 606 haven’t been in service 

4 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

601 and 606 haven’t been in service 

I dont think there is a #606 yet. Only supposed to be 5 buses but somehow I count 6 #600-#605. Maybe #601 doesnt exist yet either or it's a mechanical prototype. 

Wow #605 is still out there doing a second trip. So we might be seeing the first proterra that's stays out past a tripper. They need to really test the charging and this should help in that regard.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

601 604 haven’t been in service yet but idk they said on the news 6 new ones

Yeah your right. It is 6. Wgn also says they will be getting 17 more. So its 23 proterras versus 20 before according to them

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

That was sarcasm by the way, going at least 50% electric isn't that bad as long as its more reliable by the time 2040 roles around. 

Yep, as long as we still have the diseel by then then I'll be happy and I'll stay in Chicago

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

2 #600's are back to back again on the #66. One has been out since 6am. (#603) 

The first working (66-805) tracks from 5:40am to 9:30am (600 yesterday, 603 today). The last journey (I assume from Navy Pier) was on 65 tracking from 9:10

The second working (66-816) tracks all day from 7:40am to 5:30pm (605 yesterday, 600 is out now today)

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

The first working (66-805) tracks from 5:40am to 9:30am (600 yesterday, 603 today). The last journey (I assume from Navy Pier) was on 65 tracking from 9:10

The second working (66-816) tracks all day from 7:40am to 5:30pm (605 yesterday, 600 is out now today)

So your telling me it pulls in on the #65 grand? ( Hmm... yes it does just checked)