600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

• 1 month later...

Two all white proterras have popped up at south shops today, im not sure if they we're sent over from Chicago garage or if they're brand new delivered from the manufacturing plant. If not that's 4 total proterras seen so far in total at two garages. #700-#701 are currently still getting tested and stored within South Shops. 

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

??I don’t think he went in he only goes in unauthorized at C

He's literally in the bus lane entrance where buses pull-in after completing there runs for the day. I don't understand how someone can not comprehend that eventually you will get caught by the wrong person no matter how far you are on the outside looking in at buses or operations. Its one thing to observe from the street but constantly driving in and around private property is really pushing it. At that point you can be considered a hazard because hardly anyone other than supervisors drive through that entrance with there certified cars along with buses. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

He's literally in the bus lane entrance where buses pull-in after completing there runs for the day. I don't understand how someone can not comprehend that eventually you will get caught by the wrong person no matter how far you are on the outside looking in at buses or operations. Its one thing to observe from the street but constantly driving in and around private property is really pushing it. At that point you can be considered a hazard because hardly anyone other than supervisors drive through that entrance with there certified cars along with buses. 

You definitely right because he can be at the entrance and here come 5-10 buses all at the same time and beeping they horn and/or comes the wrong person or cops

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

??I don’t think he went in he only goes in unauthorized at C

I don't even go I to to C unauthorized it's a shortcut tht they do not mindpeople using cuz they don't mind me using the training low at C to record car videos for YouTube only thing they asked was for me not to come in the training area when they area using it & not to touch any buses other then that they don't care so I mostly filmed my videos after hours on that lot 

44 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

You definitely right because he can be at the entrance and here come 5-10 buses all at the same time and beeping they horn and/or comes the wrong person or cops

This is the thing I stay by the gate out of the way of any buses so if they come in they still have plenty of room plus I didn't go in pass or near where the buses gas up at so I didn't go into any unauthorized places 

58 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Um I didn't go in no unauthorized area this time 

I work there bud and I've been told that no one is allowed to be in that area other than supervision with there certified cars and buses pulling in from runs. You were well passed the entrance based on your position and nearly at the vault lane entrance so you were basically trespassing at that point to get a shot of two proterras. It amazes me that you've been going in areas that don't have much security because the west entrance and south entrances have security personnel posted at all times of the day and to me its clear you've been avoiding those areas based on what you've been posting the last month or so. You can't justify what you've been doing at this juncture because at some point you may get caught or cause an accident depending who's driving through those areas. Not to throw some operators under the bus no pun intended but some drive reckless through the areas you have constantly been in no matter what time of day it is. I don't want you to take what i'm saying personal but i'm just letting you know that I don't want you to get caught up in something that could of easily been prevented. Hell before I got the job as a PTBO I was just like you but I respected the boundaries and policies of the agency itself while being an enthusiast of bus operations. Observing from the street is fine but placing yourself on private property in areas you shouldn't be in is just going to far. Anything can happen whether you think so or not. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I don't even go I to to C unauthorized it's a shortcut tht they do not mindpeople using cuz they don't mind me using the training low at C to record car videos for YouTube only thing they asked was for me not to come in the training area when they area using it & not to touch any buses other then that they don't care so I mostly filmed my videos after hours on that lot 

In the discussion that arose from you driving in Chicago garage, I referenced an incident where I called the police on some people. That happened because the policy I was trying to enforce had been routinely ignored for years, which caused the people to believe that what they were doing was justified. It isn’t a good defense to say that the people you encountered didn’t mind, because you never know when you’ll meet someone who does. You know what the rules are but you keep breaking them because “no harm, no foul” (your quote). That’s what everyone thinks, until they cause something bad to happen. As @YoungBusLover said, what you are doing could cause an accident or other security risk, and gives transit enthusiasts a bad reputation.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I work there bud and I've been told that no one is allowed to be in that area other than supervision with there certified cars and buses pulling in from runs. You were well passed the entrance based on your position and nearly at the vault lane entrance so you were basically trespassing at that point to get a shot of two proterras. It amazes me that you've been going in areas that don't have much security because the west entrance and south entrances have security personnel posted at all times of the day and to me its clear you've been avoiding those areas based on what you've been posting the last month or so. You can't justify what you've been doing at this juncture because at some point you may get caught or cause an accident depending who's driving through those areas. Not to throw some operators under the bus no pun intended but some drive reckless through the areas you have constantly been in no matter what time of day it is. I don't want you to take what i'm saying personal but i'm just letting you know that I don't want you to get caught up in something that could of easily been prevented. Hell before I got the job as a PTBO I was just like you but I respected the boundaries and policies of the agency itself while being an enthusiast of bus operations. Observing from the street is fine but placing yourself on private property in areas you shouldn't be in is just going to far. Anything can happen whether you think so or not. 

Aw I didn't think it I was causing a issue this time since I didn't go in but since I was at 95th doing the red line till this morning I thought that I might just slide by but I made sure I stayed by the gate out of the way of any traffic but I do see what you saying 

3 hours ago, Pace831 said:

In the discussion that arose from you driving in Chicago garage, I referenced an incident where I called the police on some people. That happened because the policy I was trying to enforce had been routinely ignored for years, which caused the people to believe that what they were doing was justified. It isn’t a good defense to say that the people you encountered didn’t mind, because you never know when you’ll meet someone who does. You know what the rules are but you keep breaking them because “no harm, no foul” (your quote). That’s what everyone thinks, until they cause something bad to happen. As @YoungBusLover said, what you are doing could cause an accident or other security risk, and gives transit enthusiasts a bad reputation.

Well I ain't trying to cause no issue tho bro just saying at C they don't mine me being on the training lot to film my car videos after hours but I get what you saying tho broham see I didn't think this morning was a issue 

4 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I just hope my bone yard video don't cause a problem 

8 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I doubt it would "cause a problem" with CTA, as you didn't enter the property, but you'll probably have to deal with us criticizing your driving habits.

Lmfao I just do the same thing 12 do I got a video of them on YouTube about their habits when not responding to an emergency no light no sirens but that's for another day to talk about that just fighting for change