600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

10 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

More importantly if all buses at a garage are electric there must be an adequate power supply. If any garages are rebuilt I can see them being built adjacent to major power transmission lines. It is rapidly becoming a problem in London where there are a lot of unused battery buses at present as there is not enough supply to fuel them.

Admitted. I wonder if that's what held up the Pace Wheeling garage.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, Busjack said:

Admitted. I wonder if that's what held up the Pace Wheeling garage.

North will be the test bed for that. Im surprised someone has decided to do a whole garage. Thats really sticking your neck out. Other agencies will be watching and observing. 

On 2/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

That 2nd paragraph seems like proof that what I've been saying since year is true; The 6 NovaBus LSFe's are going to 103rd (+ charging equipment).

How do you know that these electric buses will be the NovaBus LSFe's?

Also, I went to 103rd Garage as of February 21, 2022 in the morning to find that they're apparently not installing the charging gantries yet.

12 minutes ago, jackathan said:

How do you know that these electric buses will be the NovaBus LSFe's?

Also, I went to 103rd Garage as of February 21, 2022 in the morning to find that they're apparently not installing the charging gantries yet.

November Electric Bus Update.

• Upvote 1

Maybe not news to us, but a Sun-Times article quotes a CTA Press Release on electric buses.

New is:

CTA aims to prioritize routes serving South and West side neighborhoods historically overburdened by air quality issues for early equitable e-bus deployment and aims to electrify routes serving the 95th Red Line hub in the next few years.

So, those of you who said 95th win a prize for being right.

I'm starting a new topic on Charging Forward.

Please confine this topic to the Proterras.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Is there any relevance that some of the schedule blocks on the tracker are SN- or N66-?

600.jpg

601.jpg

602.jpg

Pretty sure the SN prefix refers to buses that go to midday Navy Pier storage, I know there our a few more codes that start with S for the other midday storage such as SR for lower level Randolph. N66 would infer owl bus but doesn't make much sense in the afternoon.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Is there any relevance that some of the schedule blocks on the tracker are SN- or N66-?

600.jpg

601.jpg

602.jpg

Yeah. It shows their slowly getting comfortable with using electrics across different service hours

3 hours ago, dailycommuter62 said:

Pretty sure the SN prefix refers to buses that go to midday Navy Pier storage, I know there our a few more codes that start with S for the other midday storage such as SR for lower level Randolph. N66 would infer owl bus but doesn't make much sense in the afternoon.

Correct. SN is navy pier, N service as we know starts late at night but for vehicle blocking and to save the headache of a pullout/pullin the bus itself may be in service for like 12-18 hours; starting service in the afternoon into the owl or starting owl but staying out till 11am with different reliefs. So since it's spending most of its time of the road for the night service that's why you see a lot of buses during day time hours running with a Night owl Block ID. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah. It shows their slowly getting comfortable with using electrics across different service hours

Correct. SN is navy pier, N service as we know starts late at night but for vehicle blocking and to save the headache of a pullout/pullin the bus itself may be in service for like 12-18 hours; starting service in the afternoon into the owl or starting owl but staying out till 11am with different reliefs. So since it's spending most of its time of the road for the night service that's why you see a lot of buses during day time hours running with a Night owl Block ID. 

So what you are saying in effect is the run numbers we see are bus runs not operator runs and that would be the reason the run numbers do not change all day. If that`s true the run numbers on transee makes sense.

9 hours ago, sht6131 said:

So what you are saying in effect is the run numbers we see are bus runs not operator runs and that would be the reason the run numbers do not change all day. If that`s true the run numbers on transee makes sense.

It's the other way around. The run numbers (like 5621 or P143) are for the drivers, and change even after a street relief. As explained in the electric bus report, the block (such as N66-891) is the time the bus is out on the street, relevant in that context to determine whether the bus can stay on that block without having to be charged en route.

9 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It's the other way around. The run numbers (like 5621 or P143) are for the drivers, and change even after a street relief. As explained in the electric bus report, the block (such as N66-891) is the time the bus is out on the street, relevant in that context to determine whether the bus can stay on that block without having to be charged en route.

I understand that Busjack, but, I am sure you are aware that the bus windshield run# is the actual operators run# , not the run#`s  we see on Transee. That is my only point  We do not have access to the operator run#. Wish we did. The Chicagobus.org under garages illustrates the actual block numbers for a route which match the windshield.  The run#`s on the train tracker are actual however. 

12 hours ago, sht6131 said:

Basically. The operators you see in the windshield are the operator runs. Buses themselves also have block numbers so that's what maths22 is displaying instead of the operator runs. That's how we've been finding more interlines that werent as clear as others since the same principal applies to block numbers as with runs numbers when it comes to the route the bus spends most of its time on. 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Basically. The operators you see in the windshield are the operator runs. Buses themselves also have block numbers so that's what maths22 is displaying instead of the operator runs. That's how we've been finding more interlines that werent as clear as others since the same principal applies to block numbers as with runs numbers when it comes to the route the bus spends most of its time on. 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Thanks, Like I mentioned, The run numbers on Maths22 makes sense to me now. I wish there was a site where we can get operator run#`s

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sht6131 said:

I understand that Busjack, but, I am sure you are aware that the bus windshield run# is the actual operators run# , not the run#`s  we see on Transee. That is my only point  We do not have access to the operator run#. Wish we did. The Chicagobus.org under garages illustrates the actual block numbers for a route which match the windshield.  The run#`s on the train tracker are actual however. 

I wasn't aware of Transee. I was aware of those in the windshield and announced by the gps.

1 minute ago, sht6131 said:

Thanks, Like I mentioned, The run numbers on Maths22 makes sense to me now. I wish there was a site where we can get operator run#`s

Probably won't be due to privacy concerns. The supervisor's version of BusTracker had run and badge numbers, but that was quickly taken from public view.

12 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I wasn't aware of Transee. I was aware of those in the windshield and announced by the gps.

Probably won't be due to privacy concerns. The supervisor's version of BusTracker had run and badge numbers, but that was quickly taken from public view.

In fact I believe it was you or somebody else who exposed us to the site some years back. I seem to remember it took a lot of maneuvering.

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

In fact I believe it was you or somebody else who exposed us to the site some years back. I seem to remember it took a lot of maneuvering.

It wasn't me. Someone else had a /s addition to the url, but it quit working pretty quickly. I just tried it, and it does not work.

1 hour ago, Policeman said:

So apparently, 600 ran the 121 on 10/18

You must be reading my mind, I'm trying to put together a delivery/in service list on page 1 and was looking for dates. I seem to have an issue with the 2 white buses which were the first buses. I can only approximate the date. I need a Andre list about right now LOL!!

I think there is no prototype. If there was its another 1.2 mill. Maybe that was sort of the purpose of the demo. 

8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

You must be reading my mind, I'm trying to put together a delivery/in service list on page 1 and was looking for dates.

I got the in service part

600s (Proterra's/ZX5's) dates that were put into service 

600 - 3/26/21
601 - 5/14/21
602 - 3/23/21
603 - 3/XX/21
604 - 4/16/21
605 - 4/2/21
606 - 2/4/22
607 - 2/12/22
608 - 2/4/22

I don't know when 603 was put into service but it was either in March 2021 or April 2021

4 minutes ago, Policeman said:

I got the in service part

600s (Proterra's/ZX5's) dates that were put into service 

600 - 3/26/21
601 - 5/14/21
602 - 3/23/21
603 - 3/XX/21
604 - 4/16/21
605 - 4/2/21
606 - 2/4/22
607 - 2/12/22
608 - 2/4/22

I don't know when 603 was put into service but it was either in March 2021 or April 2021

Yeah that's the easy stuff. I need to read 35 pages of forums on this thread to get the other answers. Without an Andre list I'll probably have to approximate