Jump to content
Busjack

Up to 45 Electric Buses

Recommended Posts

Looks like more #600s are due to start to poping up at south shops. I'll see if I can get some pics tonight or tomorrow afternoon, I've seen at least 2 or 3 so far this evening. #700 might be sent off to 74th soon as well as they prepare to start training operators for the upcoming #600s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Looks like more #600s are due to startto poping up at south shops. I'll see if I can get some pics tonight or tomorrow afternoon, I've seen at least 2 or 3 so far this evening. #700 might be sent off to 74th soon as well as they prepare to start training operators for the upcoming #600s. 

they gonna start soon by (educated guess) somewhere end of november early december 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, YoungBusLover said:

So I found this image while reading through the newly released budget plan and here we have a #600 in action somewhere using a charging station. What boggles my mind is where could location be and how will it be before we really start seeing them in action with only 2 1/2 months left of 2020.

600.png

Ah the article states that there will be 5 charging stations, so is that 2 terminals on each line and one at chicago, but what about 74th? Maybe at the garage they plug in? That would open up a slot. You know really, if they could charge at one spot, they could run these on several lines like at midway you could do 55 or even 63w. At navy pier you could do 65. They could get more bang for their buck. 

Oh yeah forgot #63 does west terminals at kedzie so what do you there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Ah the article states that there will be 5 charging stations, so is that 2 terminals on each line and one at chicago, but what about 74th? Maybe at the garage they plug in? That would open up a slot. You know really, if they could charge at one spot, they could run these on several lines like at midway you could do 55 or even 63w. At navy pier you could do 65. They could get more bang for their buck. 

Oh yeah forgot #63 does west terminals at kedzie so what do you there?

I can only guess and say a majority of the midway corridor routes would receive them as you stated but I'm like you, where would the other charging stations be located? Judging by the time frame CTA has layed out my guess is Midway,Navy Pier and Austin so far have charging stations. 77th is a will card due to the #700s still being there and also having a wall mounted charging station. So in retrospect there's only one charging station left that hasn't been revealed yet and either Chicago or 74th is the only place left to rule out for it in terms for having it at the garage rather than a terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I can only guess and say a majority of the midway corridor routes would receive them as you stated but I'm like you, where would the other charging stations be located? Judging by the time frame CTA has layed out my guess is Midway,Navy Pier and Austin so far have charging stations. 77th is a will card due to the #700s still being there and also having a wall mounted charging station. So in retrospect there's only one charging station left that hasn't been revealed yet and either Chicago or 74th is the only place left to rule out for it in terms for having it at the garage rather than a terminal.

Somehow I thought 63rd Street Beach was the other spot    However that's only operational in the summer.  Since every other charging station seems to be in a turnaround,  that eliminates Stony Island as a possibility    Could Union Station possibly be one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Somehow I thought 63rd Street Beach was the other spot    However that's only operational in the summer.  Since every other charging station seems to be in a turnaround,  that eliminates Stony Island as a possibility    Could Union Station possibly be one?

I dont know why kedzie doesnt get a few buses. They've been charging the #700s plus they have service at navy pier with the #124. They are closer to downtown too if you experience issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I dont know why kedzie doesnt get a few buses. They've been charging the #700s plus they have service at navy pier with the #124. They are closer to downtown too if you experience issues. 

I was under the impression K would get some for the 124, C would get some for the 66, and 74th would get some for 63. With charging stations at Austin and Navy Pier, the 66 would be covered on both ends of the route.  Due to the length of the 63 and the short turn at Kedzie, I thhaving charging stations at both ends of 63rd made sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I was under the impression K would get some for the 124, C would get some for the 66, and 74th would get some for 63. With charging stations at Austin and Navy Pier, the 66 would be covered on both ends of the route.  Due to the length of the 63 and the short turn at Kedzie, I thhaving charging stations at both ends of 63rd made sense.

I heard 124 would move to C, but don't quote me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WCR said:

I heard 124 would move to C, but don't quote me

Not gonna count you off as complete false either cause it’s always the least expected people who end up right lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WCR said:

I heard 124 would move to C, but don't quote me

I could see that working, have the 66 pull out from Pulaski head to Navy Pier then transition into the 124 for a few trips then pull in as the 66 to Pulaski. Kedzie and Chicago could always share the route similar to how they currently share the 66 during the AM/PM rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

this was spotted at midway right now (Credit: Jeffery Williams from a FB group)

 

35E94BC1-B8BD-494A-BC19-9E0CEE919744.jpeg

Welp that confirms my move to 74th I'm surprised it wasn't #700 though. This could be a temporary loan or a test though. I wonder if #701 has been on 63rd today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Welp that confirms my move to 74th I'm surprised it wasn't #700 though. This could be a temporary loan or a test though. I wonder if #701 has been on 63rd today.

701 is on 79th rn

73A0C4C9-A330-4FE4-B0B6-C93CAF6C24C5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 6:52 PM, YoungBusLover said:

#701 sure does look good at this angle of sunlight. 

20201103_144153.jpg

Hopefully we'll get diesel-powered Xcelsiors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a regular on 79th. Been seeing it around 410pm coming east out of ford city. Seems to be the same run. My question is where is #700?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That's a regular on 79th. Been seeing it around 410pm coming east out of ford city. Seems to be the same run. My question is where is #700?

Wrong topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John7 said:

Wrong topic. 

It's not the wrong topic bud. 

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That's a regular on 79th. Been seeing it around 410pm coming east out of ford city. Seems to be the same run. My question is where is #700?

I've seen two different runs for the morning/evening rush use #701. #700 was used a few times this month but currently it is sitting along the westside shops of south shops. I'm also curious as to why it has been running in the same capacity as #701.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's not the wrong topic bud. 

I've seen two different runs for the morning/evening rush use #701. #700 was used a few times this month but currently it is sitting along the westside shops of south shops. I'm also curious as to why it has been running in the same capacity as #701.

Well since you’re seeing it on 79th and the the other buses are getting closer to revenue service they might be testing on the heaviest line to make sure they can stand up. If it can survive 77th (79th at that) it should hold anywhere else lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Well since you’re seeing it on 79th and the the other buses are getting closer to revenue service they might be testing on the heaviest line to make sure they can stand up. If it can survive 77th (79th at that) it should hold anywhere else lol

Seems like its running in a pack. Didnt see it yesterday but it was out mon and tues. Seemed funny cause I've been passing it on the west end and that is typically the lighter end isnt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...