Sign in to follow this  
andrethebusman

More 6000's repatriated??

20 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

No definitive clarification that I was asking for on behalf of those photos. I had no choice but to take them down. It’s really not rocket science to answer a simple question. 

Wouldn’t fair use allow pictures to be posted regardless of source?

1 minute ago, joechicago said:

Wouldn’t fair use allow pictures to be posted regardless of source?

Yes, but saying everything is fair use would absorb the rule. The basic rule under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is that if you don't own the pictures you aren't allowed to post the file on the server without permission. Fair use would require some kind of satire or editing (i.e. a snapshot of WebWatch seems to be fair use, although copying the program isn't). It sure looked like @widecab5was copying something he didn't create.

As has been mentioned frequently, there are ways of embedding pictures and tweets that don't put them on this server. Read the Community Guidelines.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

They might have been taken down. Were you able to show that you have the rights to upload them directly onto this site?

That's a little beyond my technical prowess.  I COULD, however, show you the original 35mm slides they were scanned from if that helps.

The .jpg scans were also sent out in an email to a few folks earlier this week.

It all sounds like a lot of trouble to me, but just so you know, I emblazon the caption and my initials "DGC,"  or those of the originating photographer (with THEIR permission) on all the images I upload, wherever they may go.  This is almost 100% to Flickr and has been since I converted to digital output in 2008.

If someone would like to clue me in on your particular rules, then I'll be so advised for next time.

No apology yet, I don't know if I did anything wrong!

26 minutes ago, widecab5 said:

That's a little beyond my technical prowess.  I COULD, however, show you the original 35mm slides they were scanned from if that helps.

It all sounds like a lot of trouble to me, but just so you know, I emblazon the caption and my initials "DGC,"  or those of the originating photographer (with THEIR permission) on all the images I upload, wherever they may go.  This is almost 100% to Flickr and has been since I converted to digital output in 2008.

If someone would like to clue me in on your particular rules, then I'll be so advised for next time.

They aren’t “my” rules, nor are they Busjack’s rules or garmon757’s. In fact, I too have learned from my mistakes on this forum. They are part of the copyright laws, and chitransit.org and its members must follow them for legal reasons. Any reference to copyright rules on this forum can be found on the Community Guidlines page. I would also like to join @Busjack in suggesting that you contact @garmon757 or another forum moderator for assistance. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, widecab5 said:

Why didn’t you say so??? I would’ve been fine with that as long as you clarified that some were yours and got permission from others. 

On 12/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

They might have been taken down. Were you able to show that you have the rights to upload them directly onto this site?

Just now, widecab5 said:

Sleepyhead me...

Next time I'll know!

Drive by the Skokie shops almost daily to and from work. Sadly as I was going west bound on Oakton, noticed the newly reaquired 6000 was tagged 😔 - does CTA have any formal plans as to where they will store their growing heritage fleet moving forward? Just sad to see that car tagged rather quickly after being preserved indoors in St.Louis for so long.