Sam92

Supplementary 5000s on Blue next pick

3 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

320 321=2 Morning Trips 

322 will depart Racine at 5:01pm toward Jeff park and then from Jeff park go back SB to Racine and deadhead from Racine to 54th according to a chat on the Facebook “Chicago L” Group

It didn't make sense that  there wouldn't be any afternoon trips with 5000s.  At least there is one but I think it should be  two.

48 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It didn't make sense that  there wouldn't be any afternoon trips with 5000s.  At least there is one but I think it should be  two.

According to a Facebook group “Chicago L” its 1 PM Trip but you are right there should be 2

Currently on car 5219 on run 322. It's handing the crush load much better than a 2600. They made sure to put a Blue Line strip map in too. 

9 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

Currently on car 5219 on run 322. It's handing the crush load much better than a 2600. They made sure to put a Blue Line strip map in too. 

I’m riding it from Jeff park to Racine once it gets here

44 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

Are you riding  to Jefferson Park?  Also, was there any reaction to the  5000s from the passengers or were they just trying to get  home?

I understand  why the a.m trips only operate to Jefferson Park, but if the load is that heavy, why not operate the  p.m. trip all the way to  O'Hare before the return  trip to Racine?  There is still decent ridership inbound boarding at O'Hare  and Rosemont.

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Are you riding  to Jefferson Park?  Also, was there any reaction to the  5000s from the passengers or were they just trying to get  home?

Passengers on this train to UIC look confused but it’s such a sweet ride I also saw 3200’s Towards O’Hare 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Passengers on this train to UIC look confused but it’s such a sweet ride I also saw 3200’s Towards O’Hare 

Those  bowling alley seats throwing  everyone for a Loop!!!

• Haha 1

I didn't notice any reaction on the Jeff Park trip surprisingly. It was empty getting into Jackson and crush loaded leaving Monroe, so I think it was too full for most to notice. 

I also don't get why these aren't running all day. Just a round trip or two then sit in the yard for the rest of the day?

Also, the 5000s do nothing to mitigate the insane noise levels in the Milwaukee subway. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I understand  why the a.m trips only operate to Jefferson Park, but if the load is that heavy, why not operate the  p.m. trip all the way to  O'Hare before the return  trip to Racine?  There is still decent ridership inbound boarding at O'Hare  and Rosemont.

They probably don't want them around O'Hare and Rosemont personnel. Don't forget. Pink line personnel is operating these cars. Wouldn't want a yard person taking those to Rosemont yard!! LOL!!

I cant help but think how much they are slowing down the road waiting for signals ahead for Edmunds middle. 

I actually wonder that once the 7000-series arrive, could we see Blue/Pink/Green getting common equipment?  This could potentially make sense, keeping one series on West Side lines.  Since Pink and Green often share each others' cars and now we have the Blue Line trips using Pink Line equipment, it could potentially make sense to have all three lines share a common fleet once the 7000-series arrive.  Interestingly some of the 7000-series renderings showed Pink Line destination signs; could this be giving us a clue about line assignments?

5 hours ago, Pink Jazz said:

I actually wonder that once the 7000-series arrive, could we see Blue/Pink/Green getting common equipment?  This could potentially make sense, keeping one series on West Side lines.  Since Pink and Green often share each others' cars and now we have the Blue Line trips using Pink Line equipment, it could potentially make sense to have all three lines share a common fleet once the 7000-series arrive.  Interestingly some of the 7000-series renderings showed Pink Line destination signs; could this be giving us a clue about line assignments?

As far as renderings and clues depends. 5000s renderings I've seen showed both 95/Dan Ryan and I think the airport signs but you know how reality is showing lol. People say Jump renderings showed 4300s but we know that's gone.  I think they just pick a sign just for example sake BUT they said pink line is good for "teething" at least when the 5000s came. 

7 hours ago, Pink Jazz said:

Blue Is Using Red Line Equipment because pink like don’t have the 5200’s 

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Blue Is Using Red Line Equipment because pink like don’t have the 5200’s 

Those 5200s are from 54th yard.  They came from the Red Line so that 54th can use them for the 2 morning rush Blue Line trips.

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

As far as renderings and clues depends. 5000s renderings I've seen showed both 95/Dan Ryan and I think the airport signs but you know how reality is showing lol. People say Jump renderings showed 4300s but we know that's gone.  I think they just pick a sign just for example sake BUT they said pink line is good for "teething" at least when the 5000s came. 

I think your right Sam. It will probably go down the 7000s go to pink first for teething and slowly work themselves on the blue line maybe first as pink line trippers and when they are comfortable as blue line equipment. But th 5000s could go to blue also it really is a crapshoot.

3 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Those 5200s are from 54th yard.  They came from the Red Line so that 54th can use them for the 2 morning rush Blue Line trips.

Yes that is what I said “blue line is using red line equipment but the red equipment is stored at 54th

39 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Yes that is what I said “blue line is using red line equipment but the red equipment is stored at 54th

No it's now pink line equipment. It WAS red line till the transfer happened 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, BusHunter said:

I think your right Sam. It will probably go down the 7000s go to pink first for teething and slowly work themselves on the blue line maybe first as pink line trippers and when they are comfortable as blue line equipment. But th 5000s could go to blue also it really is a crapshoot.

What will probably happen is the 7000s will go to the Red Line All the beat up 5000s will get shipped to the Blue Lline! 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, BusHunter said:

They probably don't want them around O'Hare and Rosemont personnel. Don't forget. Pink line personnel is operating these cars. Wouldn't want a yard person taking those to Rosemont yard!! LOL!!

I cant help but think how much they are slowing down the road waiting for signals ahead for Edmunds middle. 

I’ll just bet the 5000s will make their way to the Blue Line When the 7000s arrive. The Red line of course will as always get first crack!  The Red lines 5000s will be shipped over to the Blue.  I don’t see the Blue line getting 7000s. CTA doesn’t give the Blue line the attention it so badly needs! 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

I’ll just bet the 5000s will make their way to the Blue Line When the 7000s arrive. The Red line of course will as always get first crack!  The Red lines 5000s will be shipped over to the Blue.  I don’t see the Blue line getting 7000s. CTA doesn’t give the Blue line the attention it so badly needs! 

Here we go again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Here we go again.

This is funny, but I don't understand why, can I get some context please?

Well, I was thinking, CTA can consolidate fleets into three different pools - Red/Purple/Yellow, Blue/Pink/Green, and Brown/Orange.  One series on Red/Purple/Yellow, the other on Blue/Pink/Green, and either series on Brown/Orange (whichever has more available cars).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

I mean red was kinda in the same boat as blue at one point.  Maybe not the oldest but not the newest till 5000s came.  Also blue line has similar issues to the red line (insufficient power,  need to strip down and rebuild the drainage systems/tracks on the I-290 side). Blue is kinda more isolated too so that's gotta be a pain in the ass as well 

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This is funny, but I don't understand why, can I get some context please?

There were a couple of complainers saying the Northwest Side of the city was the dumping ground for running the oldest CTA equipment,  be it bus or rail.  Along those line, CTA 5750 thinks CTA will send hand me downs 5000s to the Blue rather than new 7000s when they eventually arrive.  There's no  basis for any of those claims, but for some, perception is  reality.

3 hours ago, Pink Jazz said:

Well, I was thinking, CTA can consolidate fleets into three different pools - Red/Purple/Yellow, Blue/Pink/Green, and Brown/Orange.  One series on Red/Purple/Yellow, the other on Blue/Pink/Green, and either series on Brown/Orange (whichever has more available cars).

I feel like CTA pretty much does this now, especially since now we have a couple of Racine ←→ O'Hare trips using Pink Line equipment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯