Sam92

Supplementary 5000s on Blue next pick

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

There were a couple of complainers saying the Northwest Side of the city was the dumping ground for running the oldest CTA equipment,  be it bus or rail.  Along those line, CTA 5750 thinks CTA will send hand me downs 5000s to the Blue rather than new 7000s when they eventually arrive.  There's no  basis for any of those claims, but for some, perception is  reality.

Oh, the old Forest Glen graveyard topic?

11 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

I’ll just bet the 5000s will make their way to the Blue Line When the 7000s arrive. The Red line of course will as always get first crack!  The Red lines 5000s will be shipped over to the Blue.  I don’t see the Blue line getting 7000s. CTA doesn’t give the Blue line the attention it so badly needs! 

I thought they were really nuts when they didn't do blue and red 5000s. Hello, what happens when you put old junk on a 24/7 line? I just got to see the CTA solution if the bandaid 3200s doesn't help. Blue line maintenance needs a pat on the back to keep them going this long. But when the cars are old they fail. Remember the 2400s running the green purple? At least they got a break. Green doesn't do 8 car trains. Blue line does and the hours of 8 hour train service are long. While you may get away with some old cars you cant run them exclusively. This is where consolidation bites you in your buster browns. 

On 9/19/2018 at 8:40 AM, CTA5750 said:

I’ll just bet the 5000s will make their way to the Blue Line When the 7000s arrive. The Red line of course will as always get first crack!  The Red lines 5000s will be shipped over to the Blue.  I don’t see the Blue line getting 7000s. CTA doesn’t give the Blue line the attention it so badly needs! 

Have you forgotten that the 5000s infiltrated the Pink Line first after the test runs on all lines?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Have you forgotten that the 5000s infiltrated the Pink Line first after the test runs on all lines?

What is truth compared to "Woe is the Northwest Side, we don't get new equipment" mantra? "Those South Siders ALWAYS get new equipment"