Pace 2019 Budget

Tcmetro

On 11/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, BusHunter said:

With all these cuts they might actually be able to finish off retiring the 6162s. 

I didn't realize you were referring only to the white ones, as you clarified immediately above. Thus, I have to amend:

On 11/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, Busjack said:

Not enough cuts there to wipe out about 70 buses (including white NABIs still around).

Would be enough to retire 10. Except I also have to amend 

On 11/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, Busjack said:

362 (1 bus)

That's a CNG and not going anywhere.

However, with regard to

19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Eldorkos couldn't help wipe those off the radar?

As I indicated above, they sure could, as they could go over to NW and be reinstated on routes like 230, 234 and 696, and some 40 ft buses then get transferred to W.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:51 PM, artthouwill said:

Maybe the 6262s aren't going anywhere  anytime soon.   The only 6162s I've seen are

6210, 6227, 6235,6237  6240, 6251, 6255, 6257, and 6259 along with 6651.

Btw I did see #6224 at Harlem/Chicago but it was belching alot of black exhaust. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 7:59 PM, Tcmetro said:

Pace has yet to publish the 2019 budget on the webpage, but has posted the public hearing notice. Pace is planning to cut the following routes and reinvest the service elsewhere:

• Route 209 Busse Highway (Saturday service discontinued only)
  • Route 304 North Riverside-LaGrange
  • Route 326 West Irving Park
  • Route 348 Harvey-Riverdale-Blue Island (Saturday service discontinued only)
  • Route 362 South Park Forest
  • Route 504 South Joliet (Saturday service discontinued only)
  • Route 532 Illinois Avenue
  • Route 540 Farnsworth Avenue (Saturday service discontinued only)
  • Route 546 Orange-Walnut (Saturday service discontinued only)
  • Route 590 Round Lake Area Call-N-Ride (On-Demand)
  • Route 661 Southwest Westmont
  • Route 681 Lincoln Park-Naperville Metra
  • Route 809 Richmond-Fox Lake Metra Station
  • Route 824 East Bolingbrook-Lisle

http://pacebus.com/sub/news_events/public_hearings_upcoming.aspso that means 540 Farnsworth Avenue is no longer a Saturday service by April 2019?

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Did you forget to type your question?

I said to that post that pace is having a 4 year budget, is 540 Farnsworth Avenue is no longer a Saturday service or is it still a Saturday service for April 2019?

Edited by Pacvjd

15 minutes ago, Pacvjd said:

I said to that post that pace is having a 4 year budget, is 540 Farnsworth Avenue is no longer a Saturday service or is it still a Saturday service for April 2019?

Between 1/1/19 and 4/1/19, 540 Farnsworth Ave will no longer have Saturday Service (read: discontinued) as it says in the post you quoted.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:58 PM, MetroShadow said:

Exurban services always take a hit on Saturdays. The question is which routes perform worse than others; and at least there’s 533 service to cover the Walmart. 

Yea, 533 covers 540, I got some videos on YouTube that I record.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, Pace831 said:

I also noticed that $600,000 is allocated for an "Orland Square Mall Passenger Facility", probably planned to be something like the CTA terminal at Ford City.

On 10/14/2018 at 9:28 PM, Busjack said:

The Orland Square TC is probably similar to Golf Mill, as 364, 379, 832, and the On Demand all terminate there.

Having seen a 379 with a HERION/WHEELER via ORLAND SQ sign today, which you mentioned here, more likely to replace that terminal.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Having seen a 379 with a HERION/WHEELER via ORLAND SQ sign today, which you mentioned here, more likely to replace that terminal.

Are you saying you think the new facility would be on Herion Street, rather than the mall property? I would think Pace would prefer to negotiate with the mall to come up with a more permanent solution. I'm sure that space can be made for a passenger facility in one of the mall's rarely used parking lots, most likely the southeast one. The current configuration shortens the layover time too much for buses to get back on schedule in many cases, so I think Pace would want to keep buses closer to the mall.

10 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Are you saying you think the new facility would be on Herion Street, rather than the mall property?

That's the inference I got, or why would the setup be essentially the same as at Yorktown (bus stop at the mall, but layover at Branding/Finley)? Yorktown kicked the layover off mall property, and I assume similar happened here. Pace had to get an agreement with the new owner of Golf Mill to build the Pulse station there.

Also, from your 2 year old picture, it doesn't look like there is any drivers' restroom there, which is one of the reasons there is a phase 2 construction project for the Toyota Park TC,

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Posted on the website's main page, it looks like the four remaining bus routes will be eliminated after April 1.

The Saturday service of the #504 will be eliminated April 6. But the Saturday service of the #209 Busse, and weekday only services of the #304 Cicero-LaGrange & #326 Irving Park is listed as "TBD in June".

• 2 months later...