Jump to content
sw4400

8325-Series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ajay said:

Also I noticed that they on the 29 State A lot. I saw one on  State and Roosevelt. I didn't see the # but I think was 8342.

Yes, at this very moment I am on #8342 on the 29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

95, 34/119 and 71 are about the highest volume non-artic routes. I'm surprised they aren't on the 29 more often, the 29 or the J14 is usually the route with the highest ridership at 103rd

Ridership vs. Route.png

for all who wanted to know ridership for the 6, 108, and 192.

as of October 2018

6: 9215

108: 1279

192: 883

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday 3/7/2019 I rode 8337 westbound on route 95 from 95th and Cottage Grove to 95th and Normal. I thought the bus had more passenger signal buttons on the

stanchions than 7900 Novas. I also appreciated the one piece windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have photographs of #8349 on #77 Belmont and #8345 on #91 Austin.

I can confirm that, although I did not get a picture of the front windshield (I did not know this bus would arrive at this stop on this route.), there were no garage decals in either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

I have photographs of #8349 on #77 Belmont and #8345 on #91 Austin.

I can confirm that, although I did not get a picture of the front windshield (I did not know this bus would arrive at this stop on this route.), there were no garage decals in either of them.

8330 and couple more don’t have garage stickers on them is there a chance 8330 and couple more might move to FG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

8330 and couple more don’t have garage stickers on them is there a chance 8330 and couple more might move to FG

It's a chance they could go anywhere but they'll be at 103rd for the time being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an earlier post on this thread, I mentioned that buses 8332 and 8347 did not have functioning fare boxes.  If that is confirmed, we could have an explanation as to why most of these buses are at 103.  SS probably does not have surplus functioning fare boxes and because the main payment system is Ventra, there was no need to buy replacement parts for the fare boxes since there are about 80 functioning fare boxes in the 6400 series buses.  But since replacing the fare boxes is not really a priority at SS, they probably want to keep the buses at 103, at least for now, until they have the time to take out the fare boxes from the 6400 buses which were retired.  This also could explain why it took longer than usual to place these buses into revenue service.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but theres a bunch of 6400s that have slowly worked there way to south shops in the last few years so they have those fare boxes. These new 6400 arrivals fare boxes will end up in the proterras. The slow rollout of these is due to the newer HVAC systems these buses have. Maybe fg is not capable of the maintenance or they want more personnel to be familiarized. Surprised they didnt pick chicago because it has a bus training operations center. I wouldnt doubt your 8346 is being held in for training. They have no prototype. 

Was reading about the proterras all there orders are backlogged. They have been swamped with orders and are having a hard time delivering the goods. It's new tech and they need time to test the product they are giving to the ta's. They need to expand the company but it takes money to do that. Electric vehicles are the rage right now. If I was new flyer I would be researching building a company that caters to this type of vehicle. Bring your costs down and undercut the competition. Seems proterra is giving them a run for there money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but theres a bunch of 6400s that have slowly worked there way to south shops in the last few years so they have those fare boxes. These new 6400 arrivals fare boxes will end up in the proterras. The slow rollout of these is due to the newer HVAC systems these buses have. Maybe fg is not capable of the maintenance or they want more personnel to be familiarized. Surprised they didnt pick chicago because it has a bus training operations center. I wouldnt doubt your 8346 is being held in for training. They have no prototype. 

Was reading about the proterras all there orders are backlogged. They have been swamped with orders and are having a hard time delivering the goods. It's new tech and they need time to test the product they are giving to the ta's. They need to expand the company but it takes money to do that. Electric vehicles are the rage right now. If I was new flyer I would be researching building a company that caters to this type of vehicle. Bring your costs down and undercut the competition. Seems proterra is giving them a run for there money.

No need for 8346 to be a training bus it’s the same as 7900’s just different interior and destination signs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

No need for 8346 to be a training bus it’s the same as 7900’s just different interior and destination signs 

Then where is it interiors the same except the windows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Then where is it interiors the same except the windows

If you look on the 8325’s more place to place ads to the left of the bus on top how the 7900’s have it only to the right 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

No need for 8346 to be a training bus it’s the same as 7900’s just different interior and destination signs 

Well 8346 has yet to be seen visually or on tracker since 8325-8345 and 8347-8349 have entered service. There is a possibility it is a training bus of sorts unless there is something seriously wrong where it can't enter service(which is doubtful).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Well 8346 has yet to be seen visually or on tracker since 8325-8345 and 8347-8349 have entered service. There is a possibility it is a training bus of sorts unless there is something seriously wrong where it can't enter service(which is doubtful).

It will be released eventually. 7500 was and 500 just took some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

If 8346 has not been seen, are we sure it made it here to begin with?

I think its been seen at SS and not since but I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Well 8346 has yet to be seen visually or on tracker since 8325-8345 and 8347-8349 have entered service. There is a possibility it is a training bus of sorts unless there is something seriously wrong where it can't enter service(which is doubtful).

A training bus for who? He's right they're the same as 7900's for the exception of the tinted hopperless window and the interior like he described 👍🏼. My guess it's still at 77th but not as s training bus probably still getting programmed then afterwards then sent to FG and their mechanics can handle it from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fg.mark said:

In an earlier post on this thread, I mentioned that buses 8332 and 8347 did not have functioning fare boxes.  If that is confirmed, we could have an explanation as to why most of these buses are at 103.  SS probably does not have surplus functioning fare boxes and because the main payment system is Ventra, there was no need to buy replacement parts for the fare boxes since there are about 80 functioning fare boxes in the 6400 series buses.  But since replacing the fare boxes is not really a priority at SS, they probably want to keep the buses at 103, at least for now, until they have the time to take out the fare boxes from the 6400 buses which were retired.  This also could explain why it took longer than usual to place these buses into revenue service.  

My guess is that 8332 along with all the other 8325's that went to 103rd went there so 8332 could work on the 171 and 172. most riders are affiliated with the U of C. they don't need to pay to ride they just show their ID and their on. this could explain why 8236-8247 went to 103rd then back over a few days.

8347 is still at FG are you sure it had a farebox problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XE NewFlyer said:

My guess is that 8332 along with all the other 8325's that went to 103rd went there so 8332 could work on the 171 and 172. most riders are affiliated with the U of C. they don't need to pay to ride they just show their ID and their on. this could explain why 8236-8247 went to 103rd then back over a few days.

8347 is still at FG are you sure it had a farebox problem.

As far as the U of C routes go, they are still public routes.  The students may not have to pay fares, but anyone can ride provided they pay a fare.  Thus those routes need fare boxes if for no other reason than to tally how many students ride each route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

As far as the U of C routes go, they are still public routes.  The students may not have to pay fares, but anyone can ride provided they pay a fare.  Thus those routes need fare boxes if for no other reason than to tally how many students ride each route.

Yes, but the problem becomes less of a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×