8325-series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments

sw4400

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ajay said:

I said this on the 7900 series topic but it looks like Kedzie might be getting some Novabuses. 

20190420_113324.jpg

If you meant that bus that's in the center of the pic (obscured by the green screen), then I can't confirm whether or not it's a Nova.

20 hours ago, ajay said:

I said this on the 7900 series topic but it looks like Kedzie might be getting some Novabuses. 

20190420_113324.jpg

I doubt that's a 7900 series but It kinda looks like the new flyer 700 series all electric xcelsior bus from here but without the green or blue color scheme they came in.

7 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I’ll be at Kedzie today to check it out it honestly does look like they brought back 700 and 701

I just saw the pic in the 7900-series thread. It was #8342, which has not shown up on maths22's tracker for a while. It still has the "3" sticker on the windshield.

It is likely there as a training bus. It might not officially go into revenue service while at K.

2 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

I just saw the pic in the 7900-series thread. It was #8342, which has not shown up on maths22's tracker for a while. It still has the "3" sticker on the windshield.

It is likely there as a training bus. It might not officially go into revenue service while at K.

7900 is a training bus 

Here are a few cell phone shots from a ride in 8342 about a month back (3/11/2019). Northbound on the 29 State. Potential ad space on the interior where the rear window used to be and the windows are indeed tinted, but not to the point of it being annoying. 

download_20190424_162056.jpg

download_20190424_162054.jpg

download_20190424_162052.jpg

download_20190424_162039.jpg

download_20190424_161504.jpg

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

These headsigns are terrible

And the companion ChicagoBus site incorrectly lists the destination signs as "Luminator TwinVision Smart Series III" when they actually are "Hanover Displays Monochrome." I can't believe why the CTA chose to go with Hanover instead of Luminator or its TwinVision subsidiary for destination signs to be installed in new buses. (Other than the fact that Hanover's U.S. branch is based in suburban Elk Grove Village whereas Luminator is based in Texas.)

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

And the companion ChicagoBus site incorrectly lists the destination signs as "Luminator TwinVision Smart Series III" when they actually are "Hanover Displays Monochrome." I can't believe why the CTA chose to go with Hanover instead of Luminator or its TwinVision subsidiary for destination signs to be installed in new buses. (Other than the fact that Hanover's U.S. branch is based in suburban Elk Grove Village whereas Luminator is based in Texas.)

Do 7900-8324 sport Luminator's? That might be the reason why. 8325-8344 are so different from 7900-8324 that they probably could have their own category on the website

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, geneking7320 said:

A few weeks ago I saw a 83xx laying over at 87th and Damen (working #95). It appeared the route sign was a 90N.

I thought that problem was solved some time ago. 9_9

90N doesn’t exist anymore some of the 8325’a are programmed wrong (ex: 8347 was working 56 and it said 56 Milwaukee To Western Blue Line)

CTA probably keeps old programs in case they are needed on off schedule put ins.  For example, route 21 used to only run to 54th/Cermak because of route 25, which doesn't exist anymore.  

Even if the 21 now goes all the way to N. Riverside, however, I've seen short turn buses that terminate at 54th/Cermak and they still kept the old program on the NFs.  

• 2 weeks later...