New Flyer DE40LF 804 Out Of Service

ajay

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Do anybody know why most of the 800's & all of the 900's was retired so early they was only half way through their service life when they was knocked off 

800’s aren’t fully retired because 804 is the only one kicking it and the 900’s idk I think they weren’t good but as far as 800’s go idk why 800-803,805 and the rest are OOS they aren’t at SS I think they are but if they are then they are next to 4323 and 4333

32 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Do anybody know why most of the 800's & all of the 900's was retired so early they was only half way through their service life when they was knocked off 

As I understand, ISE went out of business and they were crucial for rehabbing the buses. Since the buses (at time) were only 8 years old (thus not meeting the minimum 12 years old to be sold as scrap) they were sold to Complete Coach Works, excepting 804. I'm fairly certain I'm missing details however.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

As I understand, ISE went out of business and they were crucial for rehabbing the buses. Since the buses (at time) were only 8 years old (thus not meeting the minimum 12 years old to be sold as scrap) they were sold to Complete Coach Works, excepting 804. I'm fairly certain I'm missing details however.

Only the 900s used ISE-Siemens system, the 800s use a GM-Allison system. Most of the 800s are still on the property, but not in any condition close to operable. Probably parts donors for the 1000s. I'm not sure why 804 is still evading its fate.

This is vaguely related, but didn't some of the 900s have a promotional wrap similar to the 5900s? Anyone have photos of these?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WCR said:

Only the 900s used ISE-Siemens system, the 800s use a GM-Allison system. Most of the 800s are still on the property, but not in any condition close to operable. Probably parts donors for the 1000s. I'm not sure why 804 is still evading its fate.

This is vaguely related, but didn't some of the 900s have a promotional wrap similar to the 5900s? Anyone have photos of these?

909 had a promotional wrap. Seen at Taylor/Halsted on the 157 8/10/2010.

IMG_4430.thumb.JPG.0274420a07814036cdebac65db72a5c8.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

800’s aren’t fully retired because 804 is the only one kicking it and the 900’s idk I think they weren’t good but as far as 800’s go idk why 800-803,805 and the rest are OOS they aren’t at SS I think they are but if they are then they are next to 4323 and 4333

Naw I know all of the 8's now gone I know 804 still kicking it was just trying to see what was the reason with knocking em off so early

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Aw ok that's cool you got a lil info about it