ajay

New Flyer DE40LF 804 Out Of Service

Hello. I just heard that 2006 New Flyer DE40LF numbered 804 has been tooken to south shops. But however I wait to confined this. 804 Has been missing. Its mostly out but no.

22 minutes ago, ajay said:

Hello. I just heard that 2006 New Flyer DE40LF numbered 804 has been tooken to south shops. But however I wait to confined this. 804 Has been missing. Its mostly out but no.

#804 was out a lot last week still looked like it was in decent shape. However if it is indeed at South Shops from the rumor you heard it is either there for retirement or maintenance. Also you don't have to make a separate thread on things you've heard from rumors. Theirs a better way to go about posting things on the forum. 

I seen 804 last week sitting in the lot on the side of K when I droved through there took the short cuz to avoid traffic at the soot sign and was looking right at it when I was coming out the parking lot across the street

15 hours ago, ajay said:

Wow, so that means the 800-series will soon to be retired as well in favor of more electric bus deliveries by the CTA.

Today, there is no sign of an 800-series running according to the Maths tracker. I guess on most days it will 'quietly' be in service on any street, based on Kedzie garage routes. When these buses begin to retire, the CTA will have it's history preserved...

On 2/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, Johnny 5 said:

Today, there is no sign of an 800-series running according to the Maths tracker. I guess on most days it will 'quietly' be in service on any street, based on Kedzie garage routes. When these buses begin to retire, the CTA will have it's history preserved...

the retirement is about to finish.

1 hour ago, Johnny 5 said:

😢 Farewell 800-series. (2006-2019)

1 hour ago, ajay said:

Yeah. To me,their too young to retire.

Well, they were a test order, and many times test orders go early due to lack of funding for a small quantity like these New Flyers here. They were retired at 14 years old, well below normal age retirement of 18-20 years.

6820487527_3ae0015a94_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XE NewFlyer said:

the 800's might last that long if 804 is not retired.

804's been off the tracker for at least the last three days, so South Shops maybe?

On 2/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, sw4400 said:

Well, they were a test order, and many times test orders go early due to lack of funding for a small quantity like these New Flyers here. They were retired at 14 years old, well below normal age retirement of 18-20 years.

That's why they retired them in 2009

On 2/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, sw4400 said:

Hey, make sure you had @mel bernero permission to use this photo.