Sign in to follow this  
BusHunter

Brown line Flyover breaking ground

Was going to mention this last night but they are closing clark starting today around roscoe. 22s are detouring. They are doing alot of construction activity over here excavating clark. Looks like they are putting in a pier foundation close to the sidewalk and there are others a few buildings are being excavated on clark north of roscoe and they have posted signs on the corners of roscoe and clark snapped a pic here you go. 

20190303_171549.jpg

With baseball season coming I wonder how that's going to work with the Clark buses?

• Upvote 2

They typically close Clark after games and reroute along Belmont and Southport, so I would imagine that they will just use that reroute at all times. 

I suppose they could use Sheffield instead of Southport on non-game days. 

They could also do Halsted to Addison, but maybe that route has higher traffic. 

7 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

They typically close Clark after games and reroute along Belmont and Southport, so I would imagine that they will just use that reroute at all times. 

I suppose they could use Sheffield instead of Southport on non-game days. 

They could also do Halsted to Addison, but maybe that route has higher traffic. 

I'd say no to sheffiled to be honest but I could be wrong

Didnt know it was until 4/7. I'll bet you dollars to donuts opening day at Wrigley is on the 8th. How will they do the foundation piers and be done with that so quick. They  just must be going to have rolling closures. I would think they would do Racine as an alternate. How the heck will artics turn on Sheffield? At least at Racine and belmont its wider and you have that easy turn off clark at grace. Sheffield is a narrow street this should be a blast. They had belmont closed from Broadway to sheridan over the weekend and traffic was a zoo over there. I drive for a living so I can tell you all about traffic and road closures. 8am over there is crazy now going to be a wild month. 

Actually I'm kind of excited for this project. It's like rollercoaster tycoon meets wrigleyville!! Lol!!

• Haha 1

On the cta website they claim the project wont be completed until 2025. Construction starts fall 2019 so I dont know what's happening here. Maybe I'll take a sneak peak if I'm over there. Said that the greenlight for construction was awarded last month to the construction company. So a little contradictory info here 

Right now looks to be "preliminaries" only such as utility relocations, demolition. "'Construction" implies adding new things. Some buildings need to come down, power lines moved per CTA construction update.

Was over there tonight. They got a hole they are digging in the street. Looks like a flyover foundation pier. It's the one I was looking at before in the park lane of nb Clark right at the structure where the flyover should be. Theres going to be a complete structural renewal up to addison red so I'm assuming it takes to 2025 to do that or they could be referring to the north side main. The #22's are taking that soft right turn onto sheffield at Newport where the light is north of roscoe. I was like doh!! I forgot about that turn. The artics come way out into belmont to make that sheffield turn. With all those pedestrians there and heavy traffic and narrow road that must be hair raising in the rush.