March 2019 Bus Changes

Tcmetro

From what I've seen and rode, the 47th schedule was a bit all over the place in the beginning but I think the drivers are getting used to it. Only thing is they've seem to decrease the number of turnarounds at Kedize Orange Line which makes the wait sometimes a little longer than before.

I know nothing about the 62, but the route was always strange to me. I honestly don't know why, it just is.

The 111A extension is really useless as too no one never really rides past Pullman Plaza and there's not even an actually stop for the Pullman Community Center (and the center is located at 104th & Woodlawn, but the annoucement says 103rd & Woodlawn, it's just all seems so last minute), it just sits there for about 2-4 mins before continuing to the garage.

Also when you search up the Archer & Cicero terminal google says it's Permanently Closed and according to this article the buses where quote on quote blocking 3 southbound and northbound lanes so that's one of the changes to both the 47 and 62 schedules.

1 hour ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

From what I've seen and rode, the 47th schedule was a bit all over the place in the beginning but I think the drivers are getting used to it. Only thing is they've seem to decrease the number of turnarounds at Kedize Orange Line which makes the wait sometimes a little longer than before.

I know nothing about the 62, but the route was always strange to me. I honestly don't know why, it just is.

The 111A extension is really useless as too no one never really rides past Pullman Plaza and there's not even an actually stop for the Pullman Community Center (and the center is located at 104th & Woodlawn, but the annoucement says 103rd & Woodlawn, it's just all seems so last minute), it just sits there for about 2-4 mins before continuing to the garage.

Also when you search up the Archer & Cicero terminal google says it's Permanently Closed and according to this article the buses where quote on quote blocking 3 southbound and northbound lanes so that's one of the changes to both the 47 and 62 schedules.

Have you taken the 111A? Just want to know if this is from experience. Additionally, i'm surprised they didn't do the usual CTA thing of just saying "10400 S Woodlawn" or "10500 S Woodlawn"

From my experience, the 111A doesn't have that many riders in the first place, so I don't think there was going to be this huge uptick. I imagine most of the people going to the community center are going to drive there, because everyone would like to avoid a transfer and its not like the 111A by itself is serving any communities. What I've said before and will continue to say is that the 111A not going to Olive Harvey is a mistake 

18 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Have you taken the 111A? Just want to know if this is from experience. Additionally, i'm surprised they didn't do the usual CTA thing of just saying "10400 S Woodlawn" or "10500 S Woodlawn"

From my experience, the 111A doesn't have that many riders in the first place, so I don't think there was going to be this huge uptick. I imagine most of the people going to the community center are going to drive there, because everyone would like to avoid a transfer and its not like the 111A by itself is serving any communities. What I've said before and will continue to say is that the 111A not going to Olive Harvey is a mistake 

Yeah, I have rode the extension of the 111A and was quite upset with the bus not serving Olive Harvey and only having 2 added bus stops, one not even an actually bus stop. I absolutely agree with the your statement on how most people going to the community center will drive. It's right around a busy highway and very industrial so no ones really going to ride the bus over there and anyways the 106 bus stops at Woodlawn so you could just walk from one bus and be there. I just think it was a last minute idea and not really thought out. If the bus served Olive Harvey, people that live around Roseland, Pullman, or could find a better connections to their destination, this route would be perfect. I wonder if CTA was really ready for this unlike the 47 and 62 already having the necessary resources?