Pace West – 6360

West Towns Bus Co

Highland Park Garage – 2631

Highland Park Transit

McHenry Garage – 2661

1970’s RTA

Naperville Garage – 2681

West Suburban

Updated list. At the moment there are only three buses wrapped: Aurora, Joliet, Wilbus. They are redoing the wraps to cover-up the rear grill area to get rid of the Pace "P" and paint the front of some of the buses to match the original scheme and not have the blue front.

Melvin

6360 is the wrapped bus! How surprising! I rode it last month and it was not wrapped yet, I did make videos of it.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6360 is the wrapped bus! How surprising! I rode it last month and it was not wrapped yet, I did make videos of it.

That makes it just four of the wrapped or soon-to-be-wrapped Pace buses that are not 30-foot EZ Riders. In the case of three of those (North, West and South), they do not currently run EZ Riders at all. Northwest has two buses that are to be wrapped, one of which is an EZ Rider. And all four of the wrapped 40-footers are the Axesses (CNG in the case of South). West is currently the only garage that's running a transit (as opposed to a coach) bus from someone other than ElDorado - but they decided to wrap an Axess rather than a NABI because the remaining NABIs are slated for retirement within a year or so.

5 hours ago, mel bernero said:

. At the moment there are only three buses wrapped: Aurora, Joliet, Wilbus. They are redoing the wraps to cover-up the rear grill area to get rid of the Pace "P" and paint the front of some of the buses to match the original scheme and not have the blue front.

Melvin

Wonderful. My last gripe is with those windows, but I don't know if all those agencies used the same bus, so hopefully it'll be different across the board.

I wonder why they just didnt get wraps for the front. That why I said the north shore bus looked good. The Heritage one not so good. This should be interesting. I think the sides dont look bad you almost get a feel of a fishbowl. Dont like the 2 different sized windows. Would be hilarious if they put the rear vent on there on a wrap and put the tail. To bad they couldnt marry the lights together and use the actual brake lights as part of the wrap. That would be funny if they did the front. I'm interested to see the new look!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, mel bernero said:

Pace 15500 has been wrapped for  South Suburban Safeway. But instead of red and cream, Pace used red and white. Looks horrible.

Photo from Pace Facebook page.

62190689_2264101183645011_331144237674397696_o.jpg

Excellent photos as always. Personally (and probably because I don't know what the original scheme looked like), it doesn't look that bad, except the roof fins. Is there no way they could've wrapped the roof fins?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

West Division finally wrapped one of their El Dorados!  I caught it on the 301 minutes agi but unfortunately since I was driving on Roosevelt I only got a glance of it and couldn't see the bus number.

Be on the lookout for it!

That's 6360 they wrapped, and I hope to see it and even better, ride it soon!

On 4/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, mel bernero said:

Traveled out to Joliet today to get a photo of their Heritage wrap. Here it is. I guess it looks alright. I wish they had put the red around the front like the original.

Pace_2764_Joliet.JPG

Joliet 200 Clinton-Downtown Joliet 7-25-1975 rs-jlc.jpg

It has been updated with red on the front as you suggested. However, they also put red instead of white around the destination sign. I’ll try to get a picture Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I can't say whether @mel bernero works for Pace or not.  But when he posted that 6360 was the West Division bus,  I found this bus UNWRAPPED on several occasions.  That is why I don't believe it until I see it.

At the bottom of his post that I linked, he said:

On 5/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, mel bernero said:

At the moment there are only three buses wrapped: Aurora, Joliet, Wilbus. They are redoing the wraps to cover-up the rear grill area to get rid of the Pace "P" and paint the front of some of the buses to match the original scheme and not have the blue front.

2738, 2825, 6770, and 15500 weren't wrapped either at the time he posted the list. Yet, we have photo evidence that those were the buses Pace eventually did wrap. Therefore it is unlikely for West Division's bus to be any other than 6360.