Pace 35th Anniversary Legacy Fleet

Pace831

I like the West Towns bus the best so far. After seeing the picture, I tend to agree with @NewFlyerMCI that the "windows" look better matched to the contours of the bus (unlike 2825).

It's interesting that the position of the fleet number was changer to fit the design of the Nortran bus, although the real thing had it on the darker blue stripe below. It actually looks like they just left that part in standard Pace blue, which probably explains the "discrepancy".

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Tracked down two more Pace Heritage wraps today. First is Pace 6567 (Nortran) not 6571 as originally stated. Then drove down to Oak Park and photographed Pace 6360 (West Towns). Very productive day to say the least.

Pace_6360_(WSest_Towns_Bus)_Harlem-.JPG

Pace_6567_(Nortran)_Park_Ridge_Metra_Sta.JPG

West Towns Bus is officially my favorite out of all of these. Excellent pictures as always! Interesting that the bus still say Toyota Park Transit Center instead Bridgeview Transit Center or Seatgeek Stadium

I saw 2 "Nortran wrapped" buses working #290 yesterday (6/26/19). My mom worked for Nortran in the office so I appreciate seeing the livery. I think the "West Towns" wrap looks

better, though. :) Can anyone here P-shop a 40 footer to have a white band above the window, powder blue in the middle and deep blue at the bottom?

By this I mean to eliminate the pseudo fishbowl windows.

Edited by geneking7320
Add clarity

• 2 weeks later...

I am not impressed too much by how they are actually doing this. They should have just wrapped these buses in

the old colors instead of hurting your eyes looking at windows inside windows that aren't there. The pic of 6360 above

may be the best looking of any done.

Also, the most obvious wrap missing ???...the original Pace white livery !! Each garage should have one of those too !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I hope someone posts the pumpkin bus. That's like the coolest wrap of all. Was out at McHenry courthouse was tempted to look for the garage but I dont know Woodstock. 

Being in Woodstock wouldn't have helped, as the garage is in McHenry. (Map)

Since no one ever figured out what exactly the "blue" buses are used for, I'm not sure where other than the garage would be a good place to look.

22 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Being in Woodstock wouldn't have helped, as the garage is in McHenry. (Map)

Since no one ever figured out what exactly the "blue" buses are used for, I'm not sure where other than the garage would be a good place to look.

Dont they run on the #807 and #806. #807 goes to McHenry courthouse. They only have 3 buses probably one spare. Those routes only run in the rush. 

Just now, BusHunter said:

Dont they run on the #807 and #806. #807 goes to McHenry courthouse. They only have 3 buses probably one spare. Those routes only run in the rush. 

There was a photo of one on 807, but they apparently do not run there regularly. All the times I have been to McHenry County, I saw and rode nothing but paratransits on 806, 807, and 808. Busjack reported that he saw one in Cary which was apparently being used for Dial-a-Ride.

6 hours ago, jesi2282 said:

Pace has updated its legacy fleet page with photos of all of the heritage buses, including the RTA Pumpkin. I think the Pumpkin might be the best one. United Motor Coach disappeared from the page, I wonder if they decided not to do it...

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/news_events/anniversary.asp

Safeway & West Towns are the only good ones, imo

• 1 month later...