Jump to content
Pace831

Pace 35th Anniversary Legacy Fleet

Recommended Posts

On 6/22/2019 at 12:15 AM, mel bernero said:

Two of my friends happened to photograph two of the Pace Heritage wraps.

Don Ellison photographed Pace 6770 in Waukegan.

Joe Goryl photographed Pace 2825 at Midway.

Pace 2825 (Suburban Transit) Midway Orange Line.jpg

Pace_6770_(Waukegan_North_Chicago_Transit)_Waukegan.jpg

2825 look the best so far, though interesting it is modeling an OLD LOOK paint job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 2:15 AM, mel bernero said:

Two of my friends happened to photograph two of the Pace Heritage wraps.

Don Ellison photographed Pace 6770 in Waukegan.

Joe Goryl photographed Pace 2825 at Midway.

Pace 2825 (Suburban Transit) Midway Orange Line.jpg

Pace_6770_(Waukegan_North_Chicago_Transit)_Waukegan.jpg

Is Joe any relation to Vince Goryl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracked down two more Pace Heritage wraps today. First is Pace 6567 (Nortran) not 6571 as originally stated. Then drove down to Oak Park and photographed Pace 6360 (West Towns). Very productive day to say the least.

Pace_6360_(WSest_Towns_Bus)_Harlem-.JPG

Pace_6567_(Nortran)_Park_Ridge_Metra_Sta.JPG

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the West Towns bus the best so far. After seeing the picture, I tend to agree with @NewFlyerMCI that the "windows" look better matched to the contours of the bus (unlike 2825).

It's interesting that the position of the fleet number was changer to fit the design of the Nortran bus, although the real thing had it on the darker blue stripe below. It actually looks like they just left that part in standard Pace blue, which probably explains the "discrepancy".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Tracked down two more Pace Heritage wraps today. First is Pace 6567 (Nortran) not 6571 as originally stated. Then drove down to Oak Park and photographed Pace 6360 (West Towns). Very productive day to say the least.

Pace_6360_(WSest_Towns_Bus)_Harlem-.JPG

Pace_6567_(Nortran)_Park_Ridge_Metra_Sta.JPG

West Towns Bus is officially my favorite out of all of these. Excellent pictures as always! Interesting that the bus still say Toyota Park Transit Center instead Bridgeview Transit Center or Seatgeek Stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

West Towns Bus is officially my favorite out of all of these. Excellent pictures as always! Interesting that the bus still say Toyota Park Transit Center instead Bridgeview Transit Center or Seatgeek Stadium

I noticed that only buses 6730-6739 say Bridgeview Transit Center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mel bernero said:

Father/son

Small world.  Haven't seen Vince in years.  Met him 31 yrs ago.  I remember that he worked at Pace NW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw 2 "Nortran wrapped" buses working #290 yesterday (6/26/19). My mom worked for Nortran in the office so I appreciate seeing the livery. I think the "West Towns" wrap looks

better, though. :) Can anyone here P-shop a 40 footer to have a white band above the window, powder blue in the middle and deep blue at the bottom?

By this I mean to eliminate the pseudo fishbowl windows.

Edited by geneking7320
Add clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not impressed too much by how they are actually doing this. They should have just wrapped these buses in

the old colors instead of hurting your eyes looking at windows inside windows that aren't there. The pic of 6360 above

may be the best looking of any done.

 

Also, the most obvious wrap missing ???...the original Pace white livery !! Each garage should have one of those too !!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope someone posts the pumpkin bus. That's like the coolest wrap of all. Was out at McHenry courthouse was tempted to look for the garage but I dont know Woodstock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I hope someone posts the pumpkin bus. That's like the coolest wrap of all. Was out at McHenry courthouse was tempted to look for the garage but I dont know Woodstock. 

Being in Woodstock wouldn't have helped, as the garage is in McHenry. (Map)

Since no one ever figured out what exactly the "blue" buses are used for, I'm not sure where other than the garage would be a good place to look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Being in Woodstock wouldn't have helped, as the garage is in McHenry. (Map)

Since no one ever figured out what exactly the "blue" buses are used for, I'm not sure where other than the garage would be a good place to look.

Dont they run on the #807 and #806. #807 goes to McHenry courthouse. They only have 3 buses probably one spare. Those routes only run in the rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BusHunter said:

Dont they run on the #807 and #806. #807 goes to McHenry courthouse. They only have 3 buses probably one spare. Those routes only run in the rush. 

There was a photo of one on 807, but they apparently do not run there regularly. All the times I have been to McHenry County, I saw and rode nothing but paratransits on 806, 807, and 808. Busjack reported that he saw one in Cary which was apparently being used for Dial-a-Ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jesi2282 said:

Pace has updated its legacy fleet page with photos of all of the heritage buses, including the RTA Pumpkin. I think the Pumpkin might be the best one. United Motor Coach disappeared from the page, I wonder if they decided not to do it...

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/news_events/anniversary.asp

Safeway & West Towns are the only good ones, imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That pumpkin bus does look pretty cool. Too bad it's stuck in the boondocks. What's with the yellow and green bus. It looks like a Green Bay Packers bus.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

That pumpkin bus does look pretty cool. Too bad it's stuck in the boondocks. What's with the yellow and green bus. It looks like a Green Bay Packers bus.

United Motor Coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...