Sign in to follow this  
NewFlyerMCI

Proposed 2020 CTA Budget

23 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

One of the items that stood out to me was the overhaul of the Cottage Grove Green Line station.   Could it be that the station and structure be extended east by 200feet  to accommodate 8 car trains?

I look forward to seeing the new 7000 series railcars in 2020.  I will do my best to ride them when they are tested kn different lines.

CTA is funding engineering work for the Red Line extension to 130th.  With the city's anti-Trump position, 2026 could be a pipe dream for opening the Red Line extension IF Trump is re-elected. 

Finally,  where did the idea of 45 electric Proterras come from?  How will the 20 that are coming in 2020 be divided?  Will all 20 go to Chicago Avenue?  Will 74th get 10?

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

One of the items that stood out to me was the overhaul of the Cottage Grove Green Line station.   Could it be that the station and structure be extended east by 200feet  to accommodate 8 car trains?

I look forward to seeing the new 7000 series railcars in 2020.  I will do my best to ride them when they are tested kn different lines.

CTA is funding engineering work for the Red Line extension to 130th.  With the city's anti-Trump position, 2026 could be a pipe dream for opening the Red Line extension IF Trump is re-elected. 

Finally,  where did the idea of 45 electric Proterras come from?  How will the 20 that are coming in 2020 be divided?  Will all 20 go to Chicago Avenue?  Will 74th get 10?

It's been a minute since I've seen an 8-car Green Line train. I wonder if they'll be more prevalent when the Damen station is completed.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's been a minute since I've seen an 8-car Green Line train. I wonder if they'll be more prevalent when the Damen station is completed.

So this means the CTA is ordering 20 right now, and possibly in the future, they could order up to 25 more depending on funding and the success of the initial 20 buses.  The key words are "up to".