Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

1439 has some sort of acceleration lag? Only way to describe it, it took several seconds for the bus to pull off and during that time it sounded like the bus would if it were on the highway

 

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

5527 was like that driver would hit the gas you hear the motor kick in the bus woukd take a few seconds to start moving once it started moving it would take off slow af took about a whole block for it to reach 20 mph

I hated those 5300 series Flxbles.  They were indeed slow on take off and even slower on inclines.  I was once on a bus by 33rd and Kedzie and by the time we got to the top of that bridge, the bus was barely doing 5 mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

 

I hated those 5300 series Flxbles.  They were indeed slow on take off and even slower on inclines.  I was once on a bus by 33rd and Kedzie and by the time we got to the top of that bridge, the bus was barely doing 5 mph.

I like them I low-key miss them lol but they was slow going up heal some on take off but 5454 was pretty quick tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I like them I low-key miss them lol but they was slow going up heal some on take off but 5454 was pretty quick tho

The 6000s were much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

probably a small lil problem since it was towed back to the garage instead of shops

That's what I was thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came out of C tslking to some driver I know & went over in the training lot to film a car video for my channel & 6488 is over by the gate where 6783 use to sit 

0724201718a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SB J14, Balbo/Michigan. You’d think it was the end of rush hour. Bus driver only never skipped anyone (got full at Dearborn) except for whoever was at Columbus/11th (driver proceeded straight onto LSD from Balbo).

436CCCEC-06DC-4BEE-9949-AA236F9AE8F6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

SB J14, Balbo/Michigan. You’d think it was the end of rush hour. Bus driver only never skipped anyone (got full at Dearborn) except for whoever was at Columbus/11th (driver proceeded straight onto LSD from Balbo).

436CCCEC-06DC-4BEE-9949-AA236F9AE8F6.jpeg

I'm not sure about now, but last night you couldn't sccedd Columbus or Lake Shore Drive from Roosevelt and Michigan.  I couldn't see if Columbus was blocked,  though WB WB traffic didn't seem to be affected   The police had Roosevelt blocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm not sure about now, but last night you couldn't sccedd Columbus or Lake Shore Drive from Roosevelt and Michigan.  I couldn't see if Columbus was blocked,  though WB WB traffic didn't seem to be affected   The police had Roosevelt blocked. 

Was is the bike cops? I’ve had more than 1 sudden reroute because of them. Last week they let my J14 and the 147 ahead of us drive into a march instead of sending us down Jackson to LSD or Balbo. Just today I caught the 151 from Union Station to take the J14 and they stopped the bus at Jackson & LaSalle, then the bus driver said he was going to State, and then taking that to Ohio before resuming the regular route

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Was is the bike cops? I’ve had more than 1 sudden reroute because of them. Last week they let my J14 and the 147 ahead of us drive into a march instead of sending us down Jackson to LSD or Balbo. Just today I caught the 151 from Union Station to take the J14 and they stopped the bus at Jackson & LaSalle, then the bus driver said he was going to State, and then taking that to Ohio before resuming the regular route

It was a squad SUV.  I figured it may be due to protests,  but now we have more protests.  People are protesting the removal of a Christopher Columbus statue from Grant Park.  Will Columbus Drive get a new name next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s like all of the garage parked outside is they doing something inside?

Naw the inside be packed but on the weekends they run the buses out if the garage the ones parjed outside stay there from Friday night till Monday morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, i8itall4u said:

'The bus seen around the country 1472.....' Why is that?

1472 was the bus in the video where the bus driver threw the passenger on the ground last month after the passenger asked the bus driver to continue his shift after talking with another operator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, i8itall4u said:

'The bus seen around the country 1472.....' Why is that?

Yea I had guys in cars groups I'm in like nigga thats how you bus drivers get down body slamming people 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...