Jump to content

Recommended Posts

52783528-3E92-4210-BD25-78B49C9115BA.jpeg5145 (right) has a bit of visible paint which is rainbow colored on the top left of the car and the window frame has some paint too. 5146 has no numbering on either side of the side shown in this picture. There should be numbers on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

52783528-3E92-4210-BD25-78B49C9115BA.jpeg5145 (right) has a bit of visible paint which is rainbow colored on the top left of the car and the window frame has some paint too. 5146 has no numbering on either side of the side shown in this picture. There should be numbers on the other side.

Perhaps left over from a wrap.  When unwrapped the numbers were replaced on one xar but not the other. Yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Perhaps left over from a wrap.  When unwrapped the numbers were replaced on one xar but not the other. Yet.

5145 and 5146 were never in a full wrap in 2019 or 2020 that I recall. They did have a Vodka ad on them but it was on the middle in between the doors. Not on the outside of the doors. 5076 had a missing number on the exterior too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

C organizing busses NP changing stickers ASAP rest are slow

7 change stickers asap too only a few I seen slide through & dont get a sticker fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bus Fleet Management Plan

The current Bus Fleet Management Plan (covering the period 2016-2028) identifies the following purchases and mid-life overhauls necessary to maintain a fleet of approximately 1,900 buses in a state of good repair with sufficient capacity to meet expected service levels: • The purchase of up to 700 new 40’ buses between 2020 and 2022 to replace 40’ buses that will reach their 14-year expected useful life. • Mid-life overhauls on up to 100 existing 60’ buses in 2020 to ensure these newer buses continue to provide reliable service for their full-service life. • A life-extending overhaul program on up to 450 40’ buses between 2020 and 2022 to extend their service life by 4 years and space out fleet replacements. • Mid-life overhauls on 450 40’ buses between 2021 and 2024 to ensure these newer buses continue to provide reliable service for their full-service life. • The purchase of up to 200 new 60’ buses between 2022 and 2023 to replace 60’ buses that will reach their 14-year expected useful life. • The purchase of up to 450 new 40’ buses between 2024 and 2026 to replace the 40’ buses that will exceed their extended 18-year useful life. 

This makes me wonder how covid 19 will impact any future purchases. It also confirms my speculation of the #1000's getting a second overhaul but which of the #1000's are getting them is the mystery.

 

Replacements.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting about the 700 bus orders between 2020 and 2022. I believe the 600 bus RFP is still being worked through, so can we expect an additional bid for another 100 bus order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Bus Fleet Management Plan

 

This makes me wonder how covid 19 will impact any future purchases. It also confirms my speculation of the #1000's getting a second overhaul but which of the #1000's are getting them is the mystery.

 

Replacements.png

Sounds like the final 450 #1000s will be getting the rehab. Doesnt sound like there is priority to replace those. The first 1000s were here in 2006, so they are already 14 years old. The ones ordered in the 2nd option and later are newer buses. Circa 2008 and 2009. That would be around 1600 and above. The 700 buses that are priority to replace are the 6400s and 1000 to 1599. It sounds like the 450 will be replaced together with the artics. The artics are not rehabbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Sounds like the final 450 #1000s will be getting the rehab. Doesnt sound like there is priority to replace those. The first 1000s were here in 2006, so they are already 14 years old. The ones ordered in the 2nd option and later are newer buses. Circa 2008 and 2009. That would be around 1600 and above. The 700 buses that are priority to replace are the 6400s and 1000 to 1599. It sounds like the 450 will be replaced together with the artics. The artics are not rehabbing.

Dam I though they rehabbed all of the 10's in 14-15 now I see they didnt & I thought that artics got a rehab too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam I though they rehabbed all of the 10's in 14-15 now I see they didnt & I thought that artics got a rehab too 

I get the feeling cta dont like hybrids, but it has saved them alot of money. Maybe the lease deal is high. They did rehab before but I guess it's not a life extending rehab. Cta is going to modernize very soon then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I get the feeling cta dont like hybrids, but it has saved them alot of money. Maybe the lease deal is high. They did rehab before but I guess it's not a life extending rehab. Cta is going to modernize very soon then. 

Aw so they finna start knocking them off too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 2:11 AM, BusHunter said:

Sounds like the final 450 #1000s will be getting the rehab. Doesnt sound like there is priority to replace those. The first 1000s were here in 2006, so they are already 14 years old. The ones ordered in the 2nd option and later are newer buses. Circa 2008 and 2009. That would be around 1600 and above. The 700 buses that are priority to replace are the 6400s and 1000 to 1599. It sounds like the 450 will be replaced together with the artics. The artics are not rehabbing.

If that's the case then my other speculation about certain #1000s with little to no mileage on them means that may have been mechanically rehabbed but still may get retired within the next 3 to 5 years. I had #1286 this evening and it was probably one of the fastest #1000s I've had in a while and it only had 8,000 miles on it. I just wonder if CTA will really follow through giving the last 400 #1000s a second rehab because from what I'm currently experiencing that's not the case. Another takeaway I noticed was the #4300s possibly getting a full rehab along with the #7900s. The #4000s could last another 5 years if maintained properly because some right now barely have 100,000 miles on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

If that's the case then my other speculation about certain #1000s with little to no mileage on them means that may have been mechanically rehabbed but still may get retired within the next 3 to 5 years. I had #1286 this evening and it was probably one of the fastest #1000s I've had in a while and it only had 8,000 miles on it. I just wonder if CTA will really follow through giving the last 400 #1000s a second rehab because from what I'm currently experiencing that's not the case. Another takeaway I noticed was the #4300s possibly getting a full rehab along with the #7900s. The #4000s could last another 5 years if maintained properly because some right now barely have 100,000 miles on them. 

Yeah the #4000s especially the kedzie ones didnt really get too much work over the years. Outside of a m-f rush, the weekend service was light. Plus they dont drive much real estate, not like 103rd to downtown or Howard to downtown. But the corona virus is changing that. The artics are getting  heavy use now, so their mileage may creep up. Alot of the #1200s had a welcome rest at fg over the years. While they started at 77th and they are there now. A few years break did them good. Like the #1900s are resting quite a bit because the #8100s do the majority of the hard labor at chicago and now you have the artics pulling the weight. The #1000s might not be that bad either, doing Archer and fg. I dont think the 4300s have been mentioned for replacement yet. They are in their mid life. Looks like they are replacing artics with artics though so whoever said there is a surplus of artics will be saying so for years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah the #4000s especially the kedzie ones didnt really get too much work over the years. Outside of a m-f rush, the weekend service was light. Plus they dont drive much real estate, not like 103rd to downtown or Howard to downtown. But the corona virus is changing that. The artics are getting  heavy use now, so their mileage may creep up. Alot of the #1200s had a welcome rest at fg over the years. While they started at 77th and they are there now. A few years break did them good. Like the #1900s are resting quite a bit because the #8100s do the majority of the hard labor at chicago and now you have the artics pulling the weight. The #1000s might not be that bad either, doing Archer and fg. I dont think the 4300s have been mentioned for replacement yet. They are in their mid life. Looks like they are replacing artics with artics though so whoever said there is a surplus of artics will be saying so for years to come. 

Only time will tell & I had said not too long ago that it was about time for the 7900 to get a rehab especially the very first ones that started at 7 they just get beat to tell we got 7903-07 & 1 or 2 of them bouncy buses are rough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ventra Card is now on iPhone!

 

You can now load your Ventra Card into the Apple Pay app on your iPhone.

 

Loading it into Apple Pay disables your original plastic card, you can have it active on only one device at a time.  Apple Watch and iPhone are considered separate devices.  These restrictions are necessary to prevent sharing of monthly passes.

 

Special fare cards (such as senior, disabled, UPass, etc) are not eligible.  O'Hare employee passes, however, are eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 5:16 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Only time will tell & I had said not too long ago that it was about time for the 7900 to get a rehab especially the very first ones that started at 7 they just get beat to tell we got 7903-07 & 1 or 2 of them bouncy buses are rough

Its amazing how the mileage on 77th's #7900's are all over the place yet some are showing there age really early, #7986 ceiling panel collapsed the other day and the only way they were keeping it in place was by using duct tape until that failed from all the g-forces while the bus was in motion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Its amazing how the mileage on 77th's #7900's are all over the place yet some are showing there age really early, #7986 ceiling panel collapsed the other day and the only way they were keeping it place was by using duct tape until that failed from all the g-forces while the bus was in motion. 

 

Dam yea they are ready for a rehab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...