Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have done my share of pub crawls. They are usually good tippers.  I laid down the laws at the beginning of the charter. 1.  No opening of windows or roof hatches. 3.  Do not sit drinks on

Thursday I was on the 18 coming up to kedize & a woman on my bus fell having a seizure since my 3 year old daughter have them when she have a fever over & temp over 100 I knew exactly what to

74th's east west routes have always used Ashland as the relief point.  That goes all the way back to when the garage was located at 69th and Ashland (which is where the garage code 6 comes from).  Tho

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

image.thumb.png.42de7b713de6c71286962c552c6bd35c.pngFound a bus driver from #1053 on the 56 leaving two engine covers open how he not notice that

How tf he not notice the side is open or he probably did just didnt care

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Just saw 1376 on 63 idk when it happened but I see FG then sent that over cuz I see it on the 85 not long ago 

1376 never went to FG this year, but you saw 1376 on the 85 when it was at FG in 2019 or you actually saw 1379 on the 85 if it was in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1376 never went to FG this year, but you saw 1376 on the 85 when it was at FG in 2019 or you actually saw 1379 on the 85 if it was in 2021.

Aw ok thanks for the correction bro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there such a disparity in service btwn Madison/Washington & Adams/Jackson? M/W has 6 bus routes, only 1 of which doesn't run on weekends. By comparison, A/j has 5 bus routes, 2 that are peak only and 1 more that only runs on weekdays. And after that, the 151 doesn't run the full length of Jackson. Is there really that much in a drop-off of people outside of peak on A/J?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Why is there such a disparity in service btwn Madison/Washington & Adams/Jackson? M/W has 6 bus routes, only 1 of which doesn't run on weekends. By comparison, A/j has 5 bus routes, 2 that are peak only and 1 more that only runs on weekdays. And after that, the 151 doesn't run the full length of Jackson. Is there really that much in a drop-off of people outside of peak on A/J?

 

Yeah there is right now but even before the pandemic there wasn't much activity unless there was a major event going on the general area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Why is there such a disparity in service btwn Madison/Washington & Adams/Jackson? M/W has 6 bus routes, only 1 of which doesn't run on weekends. By comparison, A/j has 5 bus routes, 2 that are peak only and 1 more that only runs on weekdays. And after that, the 151 doesn't run the full length of Jackson. Is there really that much in a drop-off of people outside of peak on A/J?

 

Let's look at the routes.

Afams/Jackson 

1 Bronzeville Union Station provides link between Union Station and the West Loop with the South Loop and Bronzeville.   Once upon a time this service was provided by the 129 NW/Franklin but was eliminated due to duplicity  

7 Harrison provides service from bear West Side , Medical District, and UIC to Michigan Ave.   Serves Union Station 

28 Stony Island links Union Station and South Michigan Ave to Balboa, then runs express to Hyde Park and the South side. Low ridership caused route to be reduced to rush hour only downtown. 

126 Jackson runs parallel to the 7 serving the same markets.

151 Sheridan links Union Station and West Loop with North Michigan Ave.   Runs via Dearborn instead of State because it's an easier turn, especially with artics.

 

156 LaSalle links Union Station and LaSalle  St..  

The south end of downtown doesn't have as much ridership from Union or Oglivie as the center of downtown and North Michigan Ave.  Also the Blue Line covers the West Side, West Loop and the center of downtown.  Ogluvie doesn't have CTA  rail service like Union Station. 

Madison/Washington 

J14 Jeffery Jump links Igluvie and South Michigan Ave to Balboa and is the only Oglivie route to do so.

20 Madison and 56 Milwaukee only gi to Michigan Ave,  with the 20 providing service to Michigan and Wacker.

60 Blue Island runs to Randolph and Columbus bur also serves Union Station. 

124 Navy Pier also serves Union first, then provides links between the RRs and Navy Pier.  This once was an express service but due to slow off peak Metra service became a local.  This route also didn't start until after tha a n. rush 

157 Streeterville also serves Union Station first then from Oglivie links to North Michigan Ave and the Streeterville neighborhood.   

At Union, the 1, 28, 151, and 156 originate from Union Station,  while at Oglivie only the J14 originates from Ogluvie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now im off work for a lil bit after being cut by a crazy mf who attack me on the 12 cuz i I asked him to stop stomping & cussing in front of the small kids that was on my bus he cut me across my chest & I ended breaking his arm in 4 different places & stood on his broke arm until 12 showed up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Well now im off work for a lil bit after being cut by a crazy mf who attack me on the 12 cuz i I asked him to stop stomping & cussing in front of the small kids that was on my bus he cut me across my chest & I ended breaking his arm in 4 different places & stood on his broke arm until 12 showed up 

Wow that is dangerous I hope to never see that customer. Hopefully you had your shield closed covering you

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow that is dangerous I hope to never see that customer. Hopefully you had your shield closed covering you

He reached around it & that is why I never really use that shield cuz you can easily reach around it in the flyers but for some reason today I had used it only time I used those is when I get a nova you forced to used it then 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

He reached around it & that is why I never really use that shield cuz you can easily reach around it in the flyers but for some reason today I had used it only time I used those is when I get a nova you forced to used it then 

Oh

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, artthouwill said:

Let's look at the routes.

Afams/Jackson 

1 Bronzeville Union Station provides link between Union Station and the West Loop with the South Loop and Bronzeville.   Once upon a time this service was provided by the 129 NW/Franklin but was eliminated due to duplicity  

7 Harrison provides service from bear West Side , Medical District, and UIC to Michigan Ave.   Serves Union Station 

28 Stony Island links Union Station and South Michigan Ave to Balboa, then runs express to Hyde Park and the South side. Low ridership caused route to be reduced to rush hour only downtown. 

126 Jackson runs parallel to the 7 serving the same markets.

151 Sheridan links Union Station and West Loop with North Michigan Ave.   Runs via Dearborn instead of State because it's an easier turn, especially with artics.

 

156 LaSalle links Union Station and LaSalle  St..  

The south end of downtown doesn't have as much ridership from Union or Oglivie as the center of downtown and North Michigan Ave.  Also the Blue Line covers the West Side, West Loop and the center of downtown.  Ogluvie doesn't have CTA  rail service like Union Station. 

Madison/Washington 

J14 Jeffery Jump links Igluvie and South Michigan Ave to Balboa and is the only Oglivie route to do so.

20 Madison and 56 Milwaukee only gi to Michigan Ave,  with the 20 providing service to Michigan and Wacker.

60 Blue Island runs to Randolph and Columbus bur also serves Union Station. 

124 Navy Pier also serves Union first, then provides links between the RRs and Navy Pier.  This once was an express service but due to slow off peak Metra service became a local.  This route also didn't start until after tha a n. rush 

157 Streeterville also serves Union Station first then from Oglivie links to North Michigan Ave and the Streeterville neighborhood.   

At Union, the 1, 28, 151, and 156 originate from Union Station,  while at Oglivie only the J14 originates from Ogluvie.

Second to what art said it all boils down to heavy consolidation and balance (J14 being a replacement for the old 127 to museum/McCormick for reverse peak access) 157 being a remnant of old wacker and Ohio buses being restructured into the former streeterville route. LaSalle to Desplaines is strictly a weekday only area. Madison is the Madison bus so you can’t send that to union, J14 is needed for access to ogilvie and that leaves #60 which is very heavy and might flood Adams when added to the aldread heavy 151 but it does still maintain the connection to union as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Well now im off work for a lil bit after being cut by a crazy mf who attack me on the 12 cuz i I asked him to stop stomping & cussing in front of the small kids that was on my bus he cut me across my chest & I ended breaking his arm in 4 different places & stood on his broke arm until 12 showed up 

I hope everything is alright.   People are crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I hope everything is alright.   People are crazy.

Its all good bro just got a small cut on the right side of my chest & that should teach him font write a check your ass cant cash 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1753 I believe is the bus involved but I smell something along the lines of the driver may of fell asleep behind the wheel because how do you hit a non active crane?

Yeah that's 1753 for sure I checked the archive on maths and 1753 was the only 175X out at the time. I can tell that was a distracted driver because if the bus is right next to the crane when being parked, it doesn't look like the driver was sleeping, but we're not sure. Is 1753 fixable? It's like a medium crash with more damage and I don't even know if it can be fixed because New Flyer doesn't make D40LF's anymore and if 1775 was fixed anything could happen. Below is a video of 1753 from 2019 at FG so this will give bittersweet memories to this bus and it sounds healthy too rip.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yeah that's 1753 for sure I checked the archive on maths and 1753 was the only 175X out at the time. I can tell that was a distracted driver because if the bus is right next to the crane when being parked, it doesn't look like the driver was sleeping, but we're not sure. Is 1753 fixable? It's like a medium crash with more damage and I don't even know if it can be fixed because New Flyer doesn't make D40LF's anymore and if 1775 was fixed anything could happen. Below is a video of 1753 from 2019 at FG so this will give bittersweet memories to this bus and it sounds healthy too rip.

 

They can probably fix it with parts from the boneyard. If not I'm sure new flyer has an aftermarket parts dealer they can buy from

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...