Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BusHunter

Novabus to offer shields to be installed in existing buses

Recommended Posts

Came across an interesting article, it seems Novabus is offering to install shields in its buses. Don't know if this is free like an extended warranty, which usually you pay for, or is the company just saying the products are there. I wonder if the #6400's come back can they have shields installed or is it just not worth the effort. It couldn't cost too much to equip 60 or 70 buses could it.

http://novabus.com/nova-bus-offers-new-products-promote-safety-cleanliness-onboard-public-transit-vehicles-operations-sites-gradually-resume-covid-19-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR1hpyfizoI7nfm_bpYIaN4ttO0C6mmZWf3oYhof-Rc5far8Ecq2g9CmxEQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Came across an interesting article, it seems Novabus is offering to install shields in its buses. Don't know if this is free like an extended warranty, which usually you pay for, or is the company just saying the products are there. I wonder if the #6400's come back can they have shields installed or is it just not worth the effort. It couldn't cost too much to equip 60 or 70 buses could it.

http://novabus.com/nova-bus-offers-new-products-promote-safety-cleanliness-onboard-public-transit-vehicles-operations-sites-gradually-resume-covid-19-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR1hpyfizoI7nfm_bpYIaN4ttO0C6mmZWf3oYhof-Rc5far8Ecq2g9CmxEQ

Naw it really couldn't they paying the people who already work for em to install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw it really couldn't they paying the people who already work for em to install

It says they fit the LFS models. The #6400s are LFS but they may mean current model LFS". But I thought the current model already comes with shields standard, they don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It says they fit the LFS models. The #6400s are LFS but they may mean current model LFS". But I thought the current model already comes with shields standard, they don't?

I thought only 8325 thru 8349 came standard or at least came with factory installed shields.  If any other Novas get them, they'll be retrofirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought like with the xcelsiors that bus manufacturers were putting this in there buses. Only way to really know is find a nova bus that is new model that doesnt have one. Then I have my answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Just thought like with the xcelsiors that bus manufacturers were putting this in there buses. Only way to really know is find a nova bus that is new model that doesnt have one. Then I have my answer.

It is possible the 7900s came with the shields.   8325 thru 8349 don't have hopper windows.   The shields are why 103rd got some Novas that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...