7000-series - Delivery

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

Moderator note: Off-topic posts have been removed.

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What I will say is, I just realized how that blue cap could be confusing for riders, especially once the 7000s make there way to other lines. I know it's not that much of a concern, but more than 1 person is going to wonder "why is there a Blue Line train at my Brown Line stop?"

Maybe a few will think this, but if they're looking at the front of the train then it should be hard to miss the bright digital destination sign. Isn't MBTA the only US rail system that actually has its fleet coordinated with line colors?

7 minutes ago, juliosnoop1717 said:

Maybe a few will think this, but if they're looking at the front of the train then it should be hard to miss the bright digital destination sign. Isn't MBTA the only US rail system that actually has its fleet coordinated with line colors?

Ah, I can't believe I forgot about that LOL. Maybe I'm one of the people I was talking about. And yes, MBTA does, but that has more to do with the fact that the fleets can't be mixed, especially their blue line (which is dual mode). Philly also color coordinates for the same reason (MFL runs on different gauge than the BSL and I also believe the lines are completely separated from each other). 

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

My Shots From Today 

i also have a video uploaded to my youtube channel with a ride along 

these trains are really beautiful and today was a successful day no delays no problems occurred everything went smooth 

13FF8937-9E24-4374-8DA5-588B69E40824.jpeg

AAFDF576-CA35-4E5B-8517-C6970A470899.jpeg

D69B18A1-9EA3-4E84-B30D-78BC7FD6C406.jpeg

3DC5E6C6-2A58-4BE8-BFBC-BB88733E68A1.jpeg

980CCDA3-134C-4A8F-914C-77535552B848.jpeg

Beautiful shots! I haven't liked a train car so much since the 2200s and 3200s

3 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Ah, I can't believe I forgot about that LOL. Maybe I'm one of the people I was talking about. And yes, MBTA does, but that has more to do with the fact that the fleets can't be mixed, especially their blue line (which is dual mode). Philly also color coordinates for the same reason (MFL runs on different gauge than the BSL).

To be fair I'd argue that's also the only reason that such color coordination is worth it. Otherwise I don't know why you'd want to limit the flexibility of your fleet like that.

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What I will say is, I just realized how that blue cap could be confusing for riders, especially once the 7000s make there way to other lines. I know it's not that much of a concern, but more than 1 person is going to wonder "why is there a Blue Line train at my Brown Line stop?"

I can only imagine how that will go. People can't be that gullible but then again I can't be surprised if they are. I've been asked so many things over the years while being a passenger and now an operator. 

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I can only imagine how that will go. People can't be that gullible but then again I can't be surprised if they are. I've been asked so many things over the years while being a passenger and now and operator. 

Never will I ever forget the passenger that got on a EB 124 and asked the bus driver if it went to Navy Pier. I was truly shocked. The headsign and announcements were working as well, and she didn't obviously seem blind or deaf, but that's what she asked 🤣

39 minutes ago, juliosnoop1717 said:

To be fair I'd argue that's also the only reason that such color coordination is worth it. Otherwise I don't know why you'd want to limit the flexibility of your fleet like that.

Of course. Although I do wish CTA would wrap some cars like how they did for the Pink Line, but oh well

51 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

My Shots From Today 

i also have a video uploaded to my youtube channel with a ride along 

these trains are really beautiful and today was a successful day no delays no problems occurred everything went smooth 

13FF8937-9E24-4374-8DA5-588B69E40824.jpeg

AAFDF576-CA35-4E5B-8517-C6970A470899.jpeg

D69B18A1-9EA3-4E84-B30D-78BC7FD6C406.jpeg

3DC5E6C6-2A58-4BE8-BFBC-BB88733E68A1.jpeg

980CCDA3-134C-4A8F-914C-77535552B848.jpeg

Glad to see you uploading on your channel again!

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I heard there's new updated announcements on these trains too, and the only ride video I saw was cut into portions.     Does anyone know when they'll start testing on a different line?

Could be up to 6 weeks if the #5000's testing is any indication. They also may retest on a line but may not retest on all of them.

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Could be up to 6 weeks if the #5000's testing is any indication. They also may retest on a line but may not retest on all of them.

Ok. Hopefully when they come to green line I'll get a chance to see them or even ride them!

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ok. Hopefully when they come to green line I'll get a chance to see them or even ride them!

They should be in service now up to when the order comes in. Only if they have a failure will they go out of service. Also if there are repairs/upgrades to a component that is wearing prematurely they will go out of service but usually only up to 3 weeks. 

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

They should be in service now up to when the order comes in. Only if they have a failure will they go out of service. Also if there are repairs/upgrades to a component that is wearing prematurely they will go out of service but usually only up to 3 weeks. 

Ok

Today went really great for the 7000’s especially on the congress branch i was shocked they held up on them beat up tracks but so far 1st day testing went smooth with no problems and no delays let’s hope it’s like that for the next 9 months💪🏼😁

• Upvote 1

What do the side interior led displays show? Are they supplemental signs to the overhead ones? Really they need to get those signs into the 5000s. Maybe during its rehab. We can hope!!

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Does anyone know how many total 7000s are on CTA property now? Like how many cars will be part of this testing phase?

9 minutes ago, juliosnoop1717 said:

Does anyone know how many total 7000s are on CTA property now? Like how many cars will be part of this testing phase?

One 8 car train with a  2 car spare. Testing goes until spring 2022 when the rest start appearing.

12 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

One 8 car train with a  2 car spare. Testing goes until spring 2022 when the rest start appearing.

according to a CRRC employee on board yesterday’s test the 7000’s will test in passenger service for the next 9 months 

5 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

according to a CRRC employee on board yesterday’s test the 7000’s will test in passenger service for the next 9 months 

Ok my reference was abc7's press release this morning. So they had CRRC people on board. I guess we are going to see what kind of train the Chinese make. I've been having my american car failing (Ford tranny) as of late. I never thought of a foreign auto but I'm losing my faith in american made stuff. Funny everyone I've talked to says the trans fails around 75k miles and they havent been proven wrong so far. 

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Ok my reference was abc7's press release this morning. So they had CRRC people on board. I guess we are going to see what kind of train the Chinese make. I've been having my american car failing (Ford tranny) as of late. I never thought of a foreign auto but I'm losing my faith in american made stuff. Funny everyone I've talked to says the trans fails around 75k miles and they havent been proven wrong so far. 

Pretty much the only kind of heavy rail train we'll have for a while. A lot people were complaining in comments about CRRC being Chinese and Bombardier should've gotten the contract, all while not realizing Bombardier's Canadian. And now owned by the French lol. I'm also not sure Bomba's making anymore heavy rail cars, which leaves us with just Kawasaki (who's Japanese) & CRRC (maybe Siemens might jump in the game, but they're German). Buy America is pretty much only a thing for parts now, I don't think any company doing light rail, heavy rail or commuter rail rolling stock, is an American company. Wabtec/MPI and EMD/Progress Rail is the only ones I can think of, and that's locos for commuter rail

Took a look a the bus ridership dashboard, last updated 3/28. Seems the busiest period of ridership is during the Weekday PM, on the following routes. These all experience what CTA describes as high ridership. I don't think this is really a surprise (except maybe NB 50, but I'm rarely on Damen, so)

• NB 4, 1p-2p
  • SB 4, 3p-4p
  • NB 9, 12p-4p
  • SB 9, 3p-4p
  • NB 22, 2p-4p
  • SB 22, 4p-5p
  • NB 36, 2p-3p
  • NB 50, 2p-3p
  • EB 63, 3p-4p
  • SB 71, 3p-6p
  • WB 77, 2p-3p
2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Took a look a the bus ridership dashboard, last updated 3/28. Seems the busiest period of ridership is during the Weekday PM, on the following routes. These all experience what CTA describes as high ridership. I don't think this is really a surprise (except maybe NB 50, but I'm rarely on Damen, so)

• NB 4, 1p-2p
  • SB 4, 3p-4p
  • NB 9, 12p-4p
  • SB 9, 3p-4p
  • NB 22, 2p-4p
  • SB 22, 4p-5p
  • NB 36, 2p-3p
  • NB 50, 2p-3p
  • EB 63, 3p-4p
  • SB 71, 3p-6p
  • WB 77, 2p-3p

Makes sense. AM rush is weaker cause that rush everyone pretty much is focusing on work and school leaving at the same time but that’s dead with COVID. All you have left for ridership are recreational and midday essential rides which is why mid to Pm rush is probably busier