7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

37 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

I don't have Bombardier designs but I did have Sumitomo designs. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

# 1 Interior: That would be an awesome interior to have.

# 2 Interior: This is probably the interior CTA will stick with

#3 Exterior: This would be such a modern take on the future "L" Cars, it would be amazing to have that design as our 7000-Series railcars with the tiny LED headlights and front end door/window design.

#4 Exterior: Nothing much exciting about this design. A little redesign on the headlights. Otherwise, nothing special. This is probably going to be what CTA will go with....

Just now, sw4400 said:

2 Interior: This is probably the interior CTA will stick with

Again, you didn't read what you quoted. Garmon said these were Sumitomo designs. CSR got the contract. Go up to Kevin's post.

5 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Again, you didn't read what you quoted. Garmon said these were Sumitomo designs. CSR got the contract. Go up to Kevin's post.

I saw it, @Busjack. But the designs are very nice and futuristic... it would've been something to see these cars on CTA property with their very modern designs. Ultimately, the only real changes will be the interior designs, I bet. The exteriors will be no doubt a carbon copy of the 3200's, like the 5000's were. The blue end cap designs on the posts of Kevin's are no doubt just wraps like 5009-5010 had when they debuted.

2 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I saw it, @Busjack. But the designs are very nice and futuristic... it would've been something to see these cars on CTA property with their very modern designs.

O.K. But, again it basically gets down to the front end caps (and based on one Sumitomo rendering, whether the Rahm seats are used instead of the originals, on which you are undoubtedly correct will be used).

23 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I saw it, @Busjack. But the designs are very nice and futuristic... it would've been something to see these cars on CTA property with their very modern designs. Ultimately, the only real changes will be the interior designs, I bet. The exteriors will be no doubt a carbon copy of the 3200's, like the 5000's were. The blue end cap designs on the posts of Kevin's are no doubt just wraps like 5009-5010 had when they debuted.

They're not wraps, you can tell that's part of the carbody from the picture. The front end caps in that design are actually painted blue.

5 minutes ago, briman94 said:

They're not wraps, you can tell that's part of the carbody from the picture. The front end caps in that design are actually painted blue.

That's correct. If anything, it is like the 2400s, which were red white and blue until someone decided to gel coat them gray.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Not really. Maybe a 2000 one in that there is some sculpting. 2200s were plain. Update: Maybe because the classification lights are within the window mask...

True, though it's more the shapes that got me. The front door window looks larger than normal, like the 2200s, and the headlight/taillight assembly looks like it's in an extended frame. Plus the window mask as you mentioned. Also the sides look round like the modern fleet, but the front looks really square to me.

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I don't have Bombardier designs but I did have Sumitomo designs...

Reminds me of the new trains BART has on order.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

exterior.png

interior.png

So that's the rendering. What a disappointment. It looks like the Jason Voorhees train!! Or something out of the band Quiet Riot!!

I love the other rendering

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I don't have Bombardier designs but I did have Sumitomo designs. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sumitumo's got a good train there, modern, design's very appealing, too bad we need this. From what I'm seeing so far give me the #5000's!! 9_9

• Upvote 1

Just now, Juniorz said:

I think everyone is also missing the point that the new facility is close to the planned Red Line extension terminal at 130th (should the extension get built).

This would make deliveries seamless!  

This makes me wonder; will the Red Line operate a mix of 5000s and 7000s?  I am pretty sure that Blue Line riders are hoping that the Red Line doesn't get converted to 100% 7000-series cars and the Blue Line gets hand-me-down 5000-series cars.  Alternatively, the Red Line can take the 5000s from the Green and Pink Lines, and the Green/Pink gets converted to 7000s.

23 minutes ago, Juniorz said:

I think everyone is also missing the point that the new facility is close to the planned Red Line extension terminal at 130th (should the extension get built).

This would make deliveries seamless!  

The way things like that are going, only likely for the 190 cars for any expansion, presumably this one. The old chicken and the egg.

I suppose, though, that they could truck them to the 63rd Lower Yard, instead of all the way to Skokie.