7000-series - Delivery

11 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Dude that's the question I'm asking you.  How much do the 7000s weigh?  You're the one that said that the 7000s are heavier and I'm asking you how do you know that?

Still trying to find the exact GVR for the 7000s. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

such a beauty 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Still trying to find the exact GVR for the 7000s. 

I'd be surprised if they do weigh more so I honestly doubt it.  Just watching the way the train runs it accelerates pretty quick.  We'll have to wait and see when the info gets released.

7 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I'd be surprised if they do weigh more so I honestly doubt it.  Just watching the way the train runs it accelerates pretty quick.  We'll have to wait and see when the info gets released.

They did test on the Blue Line and you made it video    I don't think they were testing for track issues or weight issues   I would expect testing in revenue service on the Blue Lune Forest Park branch  when the time comes    i still believe the track issues will gave to be resolved before CTA assigns 7000s to the Blue Line 

CTA tested the cars out of service on all 8 lines back in late December early January.  They should be testing in service on all 8 lines as well for a year.  I got videos of the 7000s on the Pink, Blue, and Orange Lines out of service if you want to look through my YT channel.  A friend of mine caught it on the Purple and Red Lines.

5 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Got my first ever visual sighting of a four car test train yesterday @ Merchandise Mart. 

Question: What test was being done this time?

122.JPG

123.JPG

124.JPG

125.JPG

126.JPG

127.JPG

128.JPG

Green line run number? Guess they’re training to bring back ravenswood Jackson park service 🤣 the JacksonWood

9 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Got my first ever visual sighting of a four car test train yesterday @ Merchandise Mart. 

Question: What test was being done this time?

122.JPG

123.JPG

124.JPG

125.JPG

126.JPG

127.JPG

128.JPG

The term NY railfans use is "burn-in" testing.  It's like trying on a new pair of shoes.  They're just making simulated stops making sure the train runs fine and can handle the stress of being in service.  They have sand bags inside the cars to simulate passengers, trains have the signs on and announcements playing.  Doors open at stops and a worker measures the clearance between the train and platform and tests on the hydraulic suspension system which now has sensors to accurately lower the train to platform level.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s me that posted it but no they will just test out of service most likely 

Hmm.. and I had said they might start testing in revenue service in April... that's the same length of time it took the #5000's to test in service (6 months) well it should be soon if they plan on receiving the rest of the fleet in 2022. They only have 8 months, unless this is the sequel to the proterras testing!!😛😛

22 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Got a question. I read on facebook that the #7000's are laid up at Rosemont shops this weekend. That on the 12th of April they will be running the blue line. Will that be in revenue service? 

1601215940_Screenshot_20210410-123246_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.226e06a7cfebdcd72eec6069cca04912.jpg

The fact that the cars are at Rosemont makes me think it may be possible that they may test in revenue service.   That may depend on the consists.  A four car consist would be non revenue service    An 8 car consist may be revenue testing, but that also can test in nin revenue service for a few days first before testing in revenue service.  I will try to look for the cars Monday 

3 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool, we didn't see him in the forums for a while now his profile says he was last active in March but his last post was in November.

Was trying to figure out how a CA was at Rosemont shops but maybe he switched positions. 

Was talking with our mechanics the other day. They get paid labor on top of there wages depending on what they fix determines how much. Dont know how cta works but 77th mechanics would be rich!! Lol!!

Just now, BusHunter said:

Was trying to figure out how a CA was at Rosemont shops but maybe he switched positions. 

Was talking with our mechanics the other day. They get paid labor on top of there wages depending on what they fix determines how much. Dont know how cta works but 77th mechanics would be rich!! Lol!!

Oh. Wow they getting rich with all the buses they got to repair LoL