7000-series - Delivery

On 12/24/2020 at 11:44 PM, chitowndude84 said:

Well i just picked up a MAJOR clue !!

Looks like the 7000 series are heading first to the BLUE AND GREEN lines !!

Check out video Time stamp 0:46       The line route map inside has the "Blue line" and next a GREEN line on them 

Also first time I ever seen "Howard" sign with a blue colored background lol 

Video Credit goes to youtube user: Transitlife NYC

And so we have this new "gumdrop" 🤣

Sooooooooo........Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored Members" rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55" Chicago Politics going on here ?? 🤣🤪 😎👍 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! 😎👍 Hopefully they have a better chance of staying clean/Survival-low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

Moderator note: Off-topic posts have been removed.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored" members rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55 Chicago Politics" going on here ?? 🤣🤪 😎👍 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! 😎👍 Hopefully they have a better chance of survival/low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

Enjoy them on the blue!! It will probably be the only time they will run their. Unless cta wakes up and smells the coffee or they get some good feedback from the forest pk branch.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Enjoy them on the blue!! It will probably be the only time they will run their. Unless cta wakes up and smells the coffee or they get some good feedback from the forest pk branch.

I was just thinking this, they'll be "unveiled" on the blue, then show up on the Orange & Brown lines next week lmao

2 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

Sooooooooo........Not a guy to "toot" my own horn. Just gotta love it when I posted >ACTUAL EVIDENCE< back in December and some Chitransit "CTA Bored Members" rudely just shoot it down with NOTHING to back it up. Must be some "1+1=55" Chicago Politics going on here ?? 🤣🤪 😎👍 

All ribbing aside. I CAN'T WAIT to ride them on the BLUE !!! It's nice to know that visitors flying in from all over the world get to see our newest L trains in service at O'Hare !! 😎👍 Hopefully they have a better chance of staying clean/Survival-low vandalism on the BLUE vs other lines

I mean, in fairness, it wasn't shot down with "nothing to back it up" there were given reasons from both here and CTA that the blue line needed additional electrical infrastructure that would allow the 7000s to run and such, forum members were skeptical.

Also, very optimistic of you to think they'll be staying cleaner and vandalism free on the Blue Line compared to all the others 🤣

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I mean, in fairness, it wasn't shot down with "nothing to back it up" there were given reasons from both here and CTA that the blue line needed additional electrical infrastructure that would allow the 7000s to run and such, forum members were skeptical.

Also, very optimistic of you to think they'll be staying cleaner and vandalism free on the Blue Line compared to all the others 🤣

Again, I was basing my claim of 7000s FIRST on the blue line based on THE MAP I caught inside the test car back in December  !!!! A few "Bored members" on here jumped on me and claimed other wise just based on THEIR personal opinions with NOTHING to back it up but possible "backroom chatter" from unofficial sources. Nothing is official until said equipment operating in revenue service and or a official press release from CTA 

And I Never said "Vandalism free" !!  Those new cars have to travel on the Forest park like so........................??????🤣  

11 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Again, I was basing my claim of 7000s FIRST on the blue line based on THE MAP I caught inside the test car back in December  !!!! A few "Bored members" on here jumped on me and claimed other wise just based on THEIR personal opinions with NOTHING to back it up but possible "backroom chatter" from unofficial sources. Nothing is official until said equipment operating in revenue service and or a official press release from CTA 

And I Never said "Vandalism free" !!  Those new cars have to travel on the Forest park like so........................??????🤣  

We were referring to the mass delivery/permanent As far as blue line; not getting them first for prototype testing. we never said blue being first for a TEST wasn’t possible BUT when they come in mass, if the blue line isn’t upgraded they are not going there first. CTA said that themselves when questioned about lack of 5000s being assigned. Current blue line  power grid will not support the power drain of more than 2 8-car sets of 5000s. People say the trackbed is also an issue but I still think power upgrades will help if they can leave all 5000s for just UIC runs 

• Upvote 2

The last official plan was to bring in remaining 3200s from brown to blue. Then use the 7000s to replace the 2600s on those lines. Then 7000s coming to the red  or pink are supposed to start displacing 5000s to the blue. 

1 minute ago, Sam92 said:

The last official plan was to bring in remaining 3200s from brown to blue. Then use the 7000s to replace the 2600s on those lines. Then 7000s coming to the red  or pink are supposed to start displacing 5000s to the blue. 

What happened to the power concerns on the FP branch though? Many have been saying that neither 5000s nor 7000s can operate to Forest Park full time because of that. There aren't enough 3200s to fully roster the Blue.

15 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

We were referring to the mass delivery/permanent As far as blue line; not getting them first for prototype testing. we never said blue being first for a TEST wasn’t possible BUT when they come in mass, if the blue line isn’t upgraded they are not going there first. CTA said that themselves when questioned about lack of 5000s being assigned. Current blue line  power grid will not support the power drain of more than 2 8-car sets of 5000s. People say the trackbed is also an issue but I still think power upgrades will help if they can leave all 5000s for just UIC runs 

Not going to argue semantics on this topic. My original post was referring to first line to have 7000's in REVENUE SERVICE !! Yes, This could be first line to TEST in REVENUE SERVICE and I'm sure we're going to find out very soon all details on this breaking news. What happens with equipment moves down the line is another story. But i'm sure with good positive customer feedback CTA will find ways to keep them on the BLUE !!

With proper funds things can be fixed/upgraded on the forest park line to make these work as permanent equipment. Especially with President Biden's new $$$+$$$$ infrastructure bill

Dave

18 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

Not going to argue semantics on this topic. My original post was referring to first line to have 7000's in REVENUE SERVICE !! Yes, This could be first line to TEST in REVENUE SERVICE and I'm sure we're going to find out very soon all details on this breaking news. What happens with equipment moves down the line is another story. But i'm sure with good positive customer feedback CTA will find ways to keep them on the BLUE !!

With proper funds things can be fixed/upgraded on the forest park line to make these work as permanent equipment. Especially with President Biden's new $$$+$$$$ infrastructure bill

Dave

Well yeah the issue at that point is for cta to hurry and get the blue fixed before all the cars get here In mass that’s what everyone was saying from the get go lol

33 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Well yeah the issue at that point is for cta to hurry and get the blue fixed before all the cars get here In mass that’s what everyone was saying from the get go lol

Might as well leave it, if he's convinced the world is against him, then it is.

If the 7000s are starting on the Blue line, you think they'll be limited to the UIC runs?

5 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

If the 7000s are starting on the Blue line, you think they'll be limited to the UIC runs?

Nah cause it’s one train and they probably do have to at least make sure it’s compatible with each part of the system. It’s a test so it could be UIC today, your basement tomorrow 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chitowndude84 said:

Dave

It is interesting they didn't start on the Red, but it's probably due to RPM, the north main is going to be a mess, wait until they go down to 2 tracks with Purple line service. This turnaround track at IMD is interesting in itself. Do they really plan on turning trains back en mass?? Would make better sense to just send them on the Pink line. They could be reviewing a line cut in the future, because the only way to really redo the blue is to cut service there. This may be how the Blue line goes all #5000's. But IDOT is so slow, 2022 Jane Byrne interchange will finally be done and maybe with a little luck Forest Park will get redone before 2030.

10 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

And comments like this from people like you are what's WRONG with today's society.  I'm entitled to my comments as much as your are.

Just happy to see them first revenue service on the blue. That's my main point !!

2 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

And comments like this from people like you are what's WRONG with today's society.  I'm entitled to my comments as much as your are.

Just happy to see them first revenue service on the blue. That's my main point !!

Relax people. Nobody was saying anyone’s against anyone I said what I said to try and clarify that he wasn’t wrong for guessing that they’d appear in TESTING on the blue line first but moreso he took us saying they wouldn’t be PERMANENTLY assigned first as they wouldn’t even show for a test lol. I said before they could show up in our basement for all we know as far as guessing where and when the prototypes go 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It is interesting they didn't start on the Red, but it's probably due to RPM, the north main is going to be a mess, wait until they go down to 2 tracks with Purple line service. This turnaround track at IMD is interesting in itself. Do they really plan on turning trains back en mass?? Would make better sense to just send them on the Pink line. They could be reviewing a line cut in the future, because the only way to really redo the blue is to cut service there. This may be how the Blue line goes all #5000's. But IDOT is so slow, 2022 Jane Byrne interchange will finally be done and maybe with a little luck Forest Park will get redone before 2030.

I think they might want to turn more trains around before IMD just to not waste trains going out to forest park every 3 min in the AM (same issues as dan Ryan). Even with he UIC turn backs now since it’s no room to flip a train as quick they end up sending more trains to FP then they need 

8 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

I love how you bring this back up after several members kindly corrected you with evidence stating that these railcars would get tested on all 8 lines and we still don't know where a majority of them will go once a larger portion is produced and delivered but nice try though. The Blue line needs an overhaul first before you start putting them on there so that's all I'll say about that.

• Upvote 2

Speaking of track rehab anyone know the reason that Dan Ryan didnt get the same clips as the Blue Line on the Kennedy? I know they went to wood ties cause of quality but why only use the newer clips on the curves vs the brown line which was done after but still got them? 

24 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Speaking of track rehab anyone know the reason that Dan Ryan didnt get the same clips as the Blue Line on the Kennedy? I know they went to wood ties cause of quality but why only use the newer clips on the curves vs the brown line which was done after but still got them? 

Did it have to do with the ballasting? I'm out of my field here, so I'm happy to be wrong

37 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Did it have to do with the ballasting? I'm out of my field here, so I'm happy to be wrong

Not sure. Kennedy didn’t need it but it’s just weird how every other line kept the new design while the Dan ryan got a basic design 

What I will say is, I just realized how that blue cap could be confusing for riders, especially once the 7000s make there way to other lines. I know it's not that much of a concern, but more than 1 person is going to wonder "why is there a Blue Line train at my Brown Line stop?"

• Haha 1